Lurker finally commenting on his car, the sweetest car ever!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lurker finally commenting on his car, the sweetest car ever!!

Yes, I've been a long time lurker but, I've always enjoyed coming in here and reading what you guys wrote.

Anyways, before I signed TSX, I was seriously considering old 325i, X3, Mazda6, Volvo S40 T5 and Audi 3. Well, with all options that matches TSX, they simply go over my budget but, this stupid guy was still considering them (either to lease or to finance). Finally, I went to Acura dealer and the moment I stepped into the car, I thought to myself WHOA!!! Nice interior, ample room for 5 people and the sickest slick shift that responds to anything. Ok, the dealer showed me how to get the VSA activated while driving in the fine condition and I simply followed whatever he did. This car was taking whatever I was giving. Oh, man oh man. Yeah, after the test driving, we got down to talking about numbers and I signed right away. I wouldn't call it an impusive buying, I'd rather call it "screw the over-priced european car!!!"

I'm not really getting good MPG since the break-in period because, taking to the red line has become my daily job. I've had it for 2 months and I'm simply loving it. If you ever dare to put against any car I mentioned above, I'm gonna call 911 cause, that's a crime right there.

Ok, now down to my questions, I was thinking of getting the CT rear sway bar. Should I just get the rear sway bar or should I get the front one as well? The front bar seems pricey comparing to the rear one. Hondata reflash, is it really worth it? How does this car run in the winter? I live up here in Toronto so, we basically get tons of snow. I'm a bit worried.

If there's anyone interested in any Acura car in Toronto, I highly recommend Acura Woodbine and ask for a guy named Jose, he would do a good job.

Hope you guys have a good night, I'm now back to washing. Damn the rain here in Toronto. It simply ruined my 2 hours of cleaning and waxing!!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Racer

Congrats and welcome!

I think the general consensus is go just for the RSB.
As for the Hondata, the consensus is its very worth it, but there's no reflash for the 2005 yet. I'm still awaiting
As for winter performance, I gots no clue.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The CT rear swaybar is all you need to make it feel more balanced. If you replace the front then you need to go that much more on the rear to regain the balance. Consensus on here is to just do the rear.

about a .4-.5sec difference in the quarter, revs higher, pulls better, sounds meaner.... yeah I think its worth it. Although, I have an 04 and haven't taken the plunge yet.

No clue about winter performance. Luckily for you, we have a number of Toronto owners who will, I'm sure, share their opinion.

Congrats and welcome
Old 08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Welcome to AZ Congrats on your TSX! Now get out there and
Old 08-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Burning Brakes

It is fine in the winter. It can get a little tricky with the all-weather tires but they do channel the snow pretty good. There is really no substitute for some good snow tires though. If you have a 6-speed stopping distance can be shortened greatly compared to AT. Being in Toronto you already know the golden rule when driving in snow..."It is not going that is hard it is the stopping that gets you in trouble"

I think of that every time I pass a 4wd in the ditch here.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by drking69
If you ever dare to put against any car I mentioned above, I'm gonna call 911 cause, that's a crime right there.

That was one of the corniest things I've EVER heard! I should call 911 on you for saying it.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats and welcome!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Eeeer... is this a new 05? i dont think you had it in your post. If it's a new one, you need to let it get past 600 miles before you Vtec it.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Motohip
That was one of the corniest things I've EVER heard! I should call 911 on you for saying it.

Ah, thanks. Haha I know it does sound corny but I just couldn't help it.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Eeeer... is this a new 05? i dont think you had it in your post. If it's a new one, you need to let it get past 600 miles before you Vtec it.

Yeah, I think it should be okay since I have 4,800km which is 2980.8 mile.
I love just taking it to the red line.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Intermediate

Thank you all for comments.

Yes, it is 05' NBP 6MT and no mod yet but, as I think about modding, the list grows fast.
Ah, well. jlujka, I was very tempted to get the front one but with the price of the rear one, I also think I can't really go wrong, right? The first mod I'm thinking is to get the rear sway bar and then the hondata reflash. I didn't know 05' reflash is not out yet. Thanks for the info theEilo. I do want to lower the car but I think I should wait for the next summer.

For the CAI, I heard there is a bypass so that water don't get sucked up to the engine. Do you think I should get that if I'm ever going to get one? Even before water get to the engine, wouldn't it be just evaporated since it is damn to hot?

BTW, NightShredder, that's right. It is always the stop that you should watch out for.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Burning Brakes

For the CAI, I heard there is a bypass so that water don't get sucked up to the engine. Do you think I should get that if I'm ever going to get one?

i have the same dilemma. to get or not to get. anyways congrats and welcome!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Welcome to another 6MT TSX in Toronto. I dun think there is ne front sway bar upgrade for TSX at least not from CT. Did you meant the tower bar that put on top of the front suspension? I dun think that is usefully, it is just for look. If you want your car more better feel, get RSB and a-spec suspension. I love this combo a lot.

And I won't get those cars even they are cheaper than TSX a lot. I used to own (almost) all those brand before
93 Mazda 626ES V6 - I will never buy Mazda again.
98 Volvo S70 T5 - a piece of crap or a heavy damn boring tank is better descript it
99 Audi A4 1.8T (actually my brother own it) - another nightmare
00 BMW 328i (still have it) - I used to love it despite it bad reliablity but after I got the TSX, I think it is an inferior car now.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Alin10123
Why is this?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Professional Newbie

standard break-in procedure, most people dont realize they are supposed to follow it....but i did
Old 08-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Exclamation Congrats

Altho I am not sure that I would agree that there is ample room for 5
Old 08-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Top notch 6MT

Congrats!

to "the sickest slick shift"
Old 08-04-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
Congrats!

to "the sickest slick shift"
To the stickest slick shift.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by madmanmax3000
standard break-in procedure, most people dont realize they are supposed to follow it....but i did
Ok, but why? What's happening during that 600 miles that vtec would mess up?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by waterrockets
Ok, but why? What's happening during that 600 miles that vtec would mess up?

I'm not an expert on the car but, I think it will just screw up your car's new engine. Although the 2.4 iVtec engine is built for high-reving, you would need to get your car warm up a little before you vtec it.

You know, "just a lil' bit"

BTW, I wouldn't know if it would mess up the vtec since I've never owned a car with vtec. I'm coming from Tiburon so you figure.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Subie Tech

Congras drking69. We now have 1 more TSX showing up for our Toronto meets!!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JeffTSX
Congras drking69. We now have 1 more TSX showing up for our Toronto meets!!

Yeah, count me in for real. It'd be fun
Old 08-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Top notch 6MT

I'm not an expert on the car but, I think it will just screw up your car's new engine. Although the 2.4 iVtec engine is built for high-reving, you would need to get your car warm up a little before you vtec it.

BTW, I wouldn't know if it would mess up the vtec since I've never owned a car with vtec. I'm coming from Tiburon so you figure.
Engines need to be broken in... I don't know all the exact technial terms but the gist is this:
many of the internal parts of an engine "rub" against each other and carry heavy load (valve springs for instance), so it's pretty logical to let the parts "ease" into things (i.e. letting them seat properly, etc.).
As for the exact ideal duration and break-in method, there's no lack of discussion/debate... a little search for threads on that will yield lots of info to read through.

Wow drking69! You came from a Tiburon?! How did you like that car? I bet the TSX is WAY better huh Was it the first gen (rounder look) or the one after it?
Old 08-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Intermediate

Well, I think I should say Tiburon is not too bad. It was my first car and I had it for almost 4 years. I bought it because it's from my country and I also liked the styling that 2nd generation had. (The current model is the 3rd generation, right?) To be honest with you, although I've never had an accident, it didn't really feel safe during winter here in Toronto. I know it snows a lot but C'mon!!!! NO ABS BRAKE and NO TRACTION CONTROL!!!

Anyways, despite the respect to my country, it really was the time for a change and time for no compact sport car.

The bottom line is TSX rules and rocks!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Top notch 6MT

Well, I think I should say Tiburon is not too bad. It was my first car and I had it for almost 4 years. I bought it because it's from my country and I also liked the styling that 2nd generation had. (The current model is the 3rd generation, right?) To be honest with you, although I've never had an accident, it didn't really feel safe during winter here in Toronto. I know it snows a lot but C'mon!!!! NO ABS BRAKE and NO TRACTION CONTROL!!!

Anyways, despite the respect to my country, it really was the time for a change and time for no compact sport car.

The bottom line is TSX rules and rocks!!!

Well, I think electronics from your country have come up nicely to be a worthy competition to the Japanese, but cars are still some ways off
Old 08-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP

Well, I think electronics from your country have come up nicely to be a worthy competition to the Japanese, but cars are still some ways off

Many Samsung and LG rocked the cell phone world as well as MP3 players and other gadgets. I do agree with you on the car. Sudden acceleration sometimes leads to unstable chasis. It just feels quite unsafe.

I was very surprised when I first stepped into other cars I mentioned above and of course, TSX is as good as any other cars aobve.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Instructor

Yup. This is the thread people: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ngine+break-in
Old 08-07-2005, 11:56 AM
B A N N E D

Yes, I've been a long time lurker but, I've always enjoyed coming in here and reading what you guys wrote.

Anyways, before I signed TSX, I was seriously considering old 325i, X3, Mazda6, Volvo S40 T5 and Audi 3. Well, with all options that matches TSX, they simply go over my budget but, this stupid guy was still considering them (either to lease or to finance). Finally, I went to Acura dealer and the moment I stepped into the car, I thought to myself WHOA!!! Nice interior, ample room for 5 people and the sickest slick shift that responds to anything. Ok, the dealer showed me how to get the VSA activated while driving in the fine condition and I simply followed whatever he did. This car was taking whatever I was giving. Oh, man oh man. Yeah, after the test driving, we got down to talking about numbers and I signed right away. I wouldn't call it an impusive buying, I'd rather call it "screw the over-priced european car!!!"

I'm not really getting good MPG since the break-in period because, taking to the red line has become my daily job. I've had it for 2 months and I'm simply loving it. If you ever dare to put against any car I mentioned above, I'm gonna call 911 cause, that's a crime right there.Ok, now down to my questions, I was thinking of getting the CT rear sway bar. Should I just get the rear sway bar or should I get the front one as well? The front bar seems pricey comparing to the rear one. Hondata reflash, is it really worth it? How does this car run in the winter? I live up here in Toronto so, we basically get tons of snow. I'm a bit worried.

If there's anyone interested in any Acura car in Toronto, I highly recommend Acura Woodbine and ask for a guy named Jose, he would do a good job.

Hope you guys have a good night, I'm now back to washing. Damn the rain here in Toronto. It simply ruined my 2 hours of cleaning and waxing!!
dude did you really just say you had the car for two months, and you redline it lke its your job?
my bad i cant read
Old 08-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah, I think it should be okay since I have 4,800km which is 2980.8 mile.
I love just taking it to the red line.
dude loves his tsx.

good shiit man...
Old 08-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Intermediate

Ah, c'mon man, give a guy a break. LOL

I really did say that I've had the car for TWO months and I take it to the red line 5-6 times a day. You can't have a problem with a dude in love with TSX, man.

Wish there was Hondata reflash for 05' and wish I had CAI that matches nicely with reflash. Ah well, I think I can keep my pants on and count endless days on both.

No hate, PEACE
Old 08-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by afici0nad0
dude loves his tsx.

good shiit man...

Now, that's what I'm talking about.

Show me some love
Old 08-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Racer

Ahhhh only 400KM on mine..trying to follow "proper" break in procedures, but this car is just asking for it, so hard to fight it!! It's screaming DRIVE ME!!! Me Wanna VTEC Me Wanna VTEC!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Instructor

I know how you feel. But I got up over 1000km soon enough. It's a fun car alright.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MTLer
Ahhhh only 400KM on mine..trying to follow "proper" break in procedures, but this car is just asking for it, so hard to fight it!! It's screaming DRIVE ME!!! Me Wanna VTEC Me Wanna VTEC!!!
Whenever I hear that, I feel some kinda satisfaction or something.

Just my

Oh, no wait, just my

Old 08-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Instructor

Have you read this yet?

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443

As you'll see, you do get the opportunity to rev it a little higher each time you drive (though I'm not sure if you should be above 6000 RPM by 400 km yet).

Enjoy!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Intermediate

Acura Woodbine Not a good dealer

I bought a car from acura woodbine and from the first day I bough the car Istart having problem. I contact the sale person he try to help. I took the car in to the dealer 2 times the first time I left it ther efor 2 days they didnt find t he problem, when i take the car , i then show the tech the problem the said to me wow. They then ask me to bring the cat back in. I left ti for 4 days and although the tech saw the problem, the dealer say they cannot find the problem. They sold me a TL which was support to pass safty, fair enought. I got the car back windows dont defog, back winscreen dont defog, back windows does nto go down, trunk making a noise. my head line in the car falling off. I try to getme money back but they delay the process until it pass the return time.,
ACURA WOODBINE NOT A GOOD DEALER TO BUY CAR FROM, SAT AWAY.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:55 PM
TSX

Originally Posted by stevenlb22
I bought a car from acura woodbine and from the first day I bough the car Istart having problem. I contact the sale person he try to help. I took the car in to the dealer 2 times the first time I left it ther efor 2 days they didnt find t he problem, when i take the car , i then show the tech the problem the said to me wow. They then ask me to bring the cat back in. I left ti for 4 days and although the tech saw the problem, the dealer say they cannot find the problem. They sold me a TL which was support to pass safty, fair enought. I got the car back windows dont defog, back winscreen dont defog, back windows does nto go down, trunk making a noise. my head line in the car falling off. I try to getme money back but they delay the process until it pass the return time.,
Old 01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by stevenlb22

yet another message from acurazine, dont do drugs.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by RMATIC09
yet another message from acurazine, dont do drugs.
Or the culd ahve phat finjers or the knot used to QEWRYT kebord
Old 01-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Registered Car Nut

Holy crap! I don't make this many spelling mistakes on my freaking BlackBerry!

Quick Reply: Lurker finally commenting on his car, the sweetest car ever!!