Lowering Springs and Headlight question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering Springs and Headlight question...

I have a question regarding the headlights. When you lower your car, should you adjust the headlights to point it higher, or should it stay the same. I noticed when i was driving on the I-5 there was another tsx next to me, and his car was lowered, so he constantly had that purplish headlight hue on it. I was wondering if it makes the distance of the projection headlights worse.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:07 AM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
yo, while u @ it, u get dem platnum deuce deuces -- da spinaz. U be pimpin all dem hoes fo sho.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by studville
yo, while u @ it, u get dem platnum deuce deuces -- da spinaz. U be pimpin all dem hoes fo sho.
And what does this have to do with the question asked?

Originally Posted by TSX b0y
I have a question regarding the headlights. When you lower your car, should you adjust the headlights to point it higher, or should it stay the same. I noticed when i was driving on the I-5 there was another tsx next to me, and his car was lowered, so he constantly had that purplish headlight hue on it. I was wondering if it makes the distance of the projection headlights worse.
If you do a search, I believe someone posted the Service Manual specs on how the lights should be aimed. It has to do with putting 30ft between you and a flat wall. Then you measure up to the cutoff.

I've got the Comptech 110-155 springs and I didn't notice any particular difference.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by TSX b0y
i've readjusted mine after I lowered on eibach's, then tein. you will lose some projection the lower you go, unless you tilt your headlights farther up, but then you blind everyone
Old 11-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts

Winner for most pointless post of the year.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:57 AM
East Coast Crew

Don't you have to be on flat ground before tweaking it? I think it's better to take it to the dealership for re-aiming.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Is waiting in

and keep in mind that he could have swapped his D2S bulbs...
Old 11-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by visuelz
Don't you have to be on flat ground before tweaking it? I think it's better to take it to the dealership for re-aiming.
they aren't going to do it for free, waste of $$
Old 11-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Just get a screw driver, and turn them up about 2 full revolutions and you should be good to go! It obviously depending on how low you go....i went down 2.1" in front and turned them about 2-3 revolutions and when i was in for service i asked the dealership to juts "check" them to make sure they were within spec and he said they were perfect!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Racer

Not to hijack, but my wife got pulled over in my TSX the other day for bright headlights.

Cop pulled out in front of her then pulled over and around then flashed her to pull over. He walked up to the car and said "Your headlights are a little bright don't you think?" She said they are the one's that came with the car, hear are my brights and she flashed the brights ('05 TSX on A-Spec suspension). He then said "Where are you going tonight?" "I'm on my way to work Officer." "Your tint looks a little dark too don't you think?" My wife then said "I have a perscription for the window tint in my glove box officer, do you want to see it?" He then said "Have a nice day."

Looking for revenue in a small town....hahahaha
Old 11-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Intermediate

thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it. I decided to keep it just the way it is cuz it give my headlights the purple glow which I like a lot. And about the cop incident, sorry to hear, but that's so messed up... cops hate admitting that they're wrong
Old 11-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TodaSi
Not to hijack, but my wife got pulled over in my TSX the other day for bright headlights.

Cop pulled out in front of her then pulled over and around then flashed her to pull over. He walked up to the car and said "Your headlights are a little bright don't you think?" She said they are the one's that came with the car, hear are my brights and she flashed the brights ('05 TSX on A-Spec suspension). He then said "Where are you going tonight?" "I'm on my way to work Officer." "Your tint looks a little dark too don't you think?" My wife then said "I have a perscription for the window tint in my glove box officer, do you want to see it?" He then said "Have a nice day."

How and for what reason can someone get a prescription for tint?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:54 PM
I can't find my garage

Old 11-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Is waiting in

Originally Posted by klas
How and for what reason can someone get a prescription for tint?
there are many different skin diseases where you need to prevent yourself from contact with the sun and tint will help, if prescribed from a doctor. i would recommend you to ask your pediatrician
Old 11-30-2006, 05:56 PM
I can't find my garage

Originally Posted by TodaSi

cops are punks..juss tryin to giv tickets out.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Old 11-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate

I carry my tint receipt just in case a cop decides to pull me over for stupid shit.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by moda_way
And what does this have to do with the question asked?
I was just offering advice because it sounded like he was planning on lowering his car and putting it on an airbag suspension system.

Maybe I read into it too much
Old 11-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
l noticed that i couldn't see as much at night after I lowered my car. I had to raise my headlight so that it would light up enough of the road. I made sure the cut-off didnt reach the side-view mirror height of other drivers
Old 11-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Burning Brakes