Looking at buying '08 TSX...........

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:05 AM
-------Tim-------

Received 610 Likes on 514 Posts
Looking at buying '08 TSX...........

My girlfriend is looking at this '08 TSX, and wanted to get your opinion on the price. Let me know what you guys think a good offer would be. Thanks
Also, any key things to look for?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Slpr04UA6
My girlfriend is looking at this '08 TSX, and wanted to get your opinion on the price. Let me know what you guys think a good offer would be. Thanks
Also, any key things to look for?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
The dealer is trying to get the highest price for their cars. I suggest you offer a much lower price (you can always go up in price). Good luck.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand new to the forums, as I just picked up my '08 on Monday. Mine was also certified and paid $19,200, which I thought was fair. It was certified and I have a very good relationship with my salesman. He actually sold it to the original owner and gave me a breakdown on how he cared for it. That little bit of history (piece of mind for me anyway) helped a lot. Edmunds TWV in my area was $21,000, not sure about your area. I'm with nj2pa2nc, always offer low and work back up. Ultimately, the price you pay needs to satisfy you, not the people you talk to. Good luck with the negotiations.

Cheers
Old 02-03-2011, 09:46 AM
-------Tim-------

Yeah, we both were kinda thinking to offer $17K. ? After taxes it would be close to $19K. Blue Book in our area showed the car to be ~$22K, so I thought it would be a good place to start, if not even lower. It does have low miles for being 3yrs old. Any more input is greatly appreciated (pos or neg).
Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Yeah, we both were kinda thinking to offer $17K. ? After taxes it would be close to $19K. Blue Book in our area showed the car to be ~$22K, so I thought it would be a good place to start, if not even lower. It does have low miles for being 3yrs old. Any more input is greatly appreciated (pos or neg).
there is a power steering hose recall so find out if that was done. I have all the service done by a acura dealer I think is excellent. I have the maintenance book filled out and stamped.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:03 AM
-------Tim-------

^Thanks, will check that first!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:47 AM
9th Gear

I think 16,5k would be a good price to offer. If it had NAV, then 17k would be good.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think $17k is good. I paid $20k for my '07 back in June with similar mileage and now I'm feeling like I overpaid a bit... Oh well; the deal is done.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:40 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by jchan2
I think $17k is good. I paid $20k for my '07 back in June with similar mileage and now I'm feeling like I overpaid a bit... Oh well; the deal is done.
A little advice from an "old guy"...... don't sweat the price thing too much. In time, you won't remember what you paid and you won't care. We all like to get the best deal possible, but a few hundred dollars one way or the other (on a percentage basis) is peanuts. I often chuckle at what seems to be the absolute necessity of a few buyers trying to squeeze the last possible dollar out of a seller. I wonder if they're so price conscious when they go shopping for a refrigerator or a washing machine (or even grocery shopping for that matter). I understand that this is in some ways a function of age and experience. I've been buying new cars since long before the fellow who's quote is above was around, and my comments may seem patronizing. But my advice (and I realize it's unsolicited) is find the right car, make the best deal you can, and don't look back. From the quote above, cause after that, "the deal is done". Enjoy the car, learn from the buying experience, and don't worry about what you paid.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Racer

I paid 20K out the door for my '08 this past November with only 22K, certified and 1 owner; clean as can be. The car still smells brand new inside. If it would of been today the price would of been around $1500 less, but that's what happens when you turn over a new year (depreciation) quarter.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by vrflyer
I paid 20K out the door for my '08 this past November with only 22K, certified and 1 owner; clean as can be. The car still smells brand new inside. If it would of been today the price would of been around $1500 less, but that's what happens when you turn over a new year (depreciation) quarter.
So you got basically a brand new car w/ I'm sure still plenty of warranty (and a TSX at that....) for $20K. Not bad in my book. And the longer you keep it, the less you'll be at all concerned with what you paid for it (if you are now).
Old 02-11-2011, 05:37 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by memo3
I think 16,5k would be a good price to offer. If it had NAV, then 17k would be good.
I agree. Maybe you can find one with navi in tampa area.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Would you be open to an 07 btw? Get more car for the same price while still being certified.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by vrflyer
If you waited until today, maybe the car would have already been sold to someone else. If you're happy with the car, then $1500 for the last 3.5 months is not bad.

I agree with Simba...people sometimes get worked up trying to save every nickel and dime. Personally, I don't mind paying a little more as long as I still think it's worth it. It's like coupons...I could spend minutes/hours looking for coupons, cutting them up, and then hunting down the products to save a few cents, or I can just buy the products I want without the hassle.

OP, be sure they throw in the bracket for the front license plate (I see they removed it). Also, I noticed that in some of the pictures, the mudflaps are there. In other pictures, they are gone. If the mudflaps were removed, make sure they are not including that in the price. I also wonder if carpet floor mats are supposed to be included. My car came with them (then again, maybe they were rolled into my purchase price), and I quickly bought the all-weather ones to use instead. In the pictures, it doesn't look like the carpet mats are there. You might also want to check the fog lights for cracks. They are made out of glass (not plastic), and there have been people who have had issues with them cracking due to rocks on the road (some people put a film over them to protect them, like rockblocker). The video is also mistaken in saying that the moonroof is one-touch. You will need to hold the button in (unless you buy one of the KP technologies module).

Also, you might want to consider waiting for a navi TSX to come around. The navi system is rated as one of the best. You might have a portable navi, but the TSX navi can be controlled by voice commands, and has some tools such as a calendar, calculator, etc. I never needed a navi since I know where everything is, but I have come to use it so much that I'm glad that I have it. For example, I can add a calendar item to the day before a party that reminds me to go buy food, and then I'll be reminded when I start up the car to go to work (or home). Sometimes when I'm sitting in rush hour traffic and I'm trying to do a calculation in my head, I might reach over, tap on the calculator, and do some calculations while I sit in the "parking lot".

The TSX only has one recall, which is the power steering hose recall. It doesn't matter if it hasn't been done yet. Any dealer can look up the VIN number. If it hasn't been done yet, it will be done for free (it is a safety recall, after all).
Old 02-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
If you waited until today, maybe the car would have already been sold to someone else. If you're happy with the car, then $1500 for the last 3.5 months is not bad.
Oh don't get me wrong, I paid what I intended and very satisfied too. The car would of sold that week for possibly the price they were asking too, but I jumped on it fast. This dealer moves Acura's like an out of control flood.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:13 AM
10th Gear

I got an 08 (PWP, 6SPD, Navi) over christmas. 47k miles, one owner but not CPO. Paid $18,000 out the door for it (all day affair, actually made my final offer from a Chipotle). Honestly though, I would have paid 20k for it if I had to, it was the only 6SPD within 200 miles and I needed a car. TMV on it was like $21,500.