Looking for Bluetooth phone for '06 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 09:55 AM
6MT or Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
So i sat in the car this reason due to the request i check my phone with the bluetooth (as if i really needed an excuse)

well, the first time i connected, the battery life said empty, so i thought, oh well it doesnt work, but the signal strength showed. then i tried again, and it displayed. it displayed the number when i called, but i used voice command to dial, so i figured that's why? i didnt set any numbers up in the address book yet, don't know how.

so the speakers "pop" when starts dialing. i'm not sure why. anyone else experience this?
I haven't heard any kind of popping at all. To store a number click the phone button on the wheel, say "phonebook" and when she starts talking again click it and say "store" you'll be asked for a name and number then to ok it to be stored. Easy.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Intermediate

so acura says that the VX8100 is ok to pair, handsfree call, incoming call, call transfer, and call hang up

but it's not compatible for "data call" (dunno what this is), call waiting (bummer if this is true), manual digitial tones (no idea what this is), battery levels (unless it stays at "full" all the time, it looks like this works), and signlar strength (also appeared to work this morning).

if i cant have call waiting, i seriously might need another phone. i wonder if i can do anything to get a differrent phone from verizon. i've only had this one for 3 months or so.
Thanks for checking it out! This is exactly what I am looking for. I was interested in the battery life and signal strength, but most worried about the call waiting. If you get a chance to try that out, let us know what happens.

Hopefully it will all work!
Old 12-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vbgirl76
Thanks for checking it out! This is exactly what I am looking for. I was interested in the battery life and signal strength, but most worried about the call waiting. If you get a chance to try that out, let us know what happens.

Hopefully it will all work!

i'm p'd about the popping noise in the speaker. think i might go visit the dealer already....
Old 12-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Intermediate

i'm p'd about the popping noise in the speaker. think i might go visit the dealer already....
Have you tried the bluetooth with another phone? That should tell you if it is the car or the phone. If you don't have another bluetooth phone, do you have a friend with one?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Still Lovin my 06

i'll try another phone soon enough
Old 12-21-2005, 08:09 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Actually, he is set up just fine. The problem is that he has a motorola phone that automatically shuts down the power to the bluetooth when it is not in use to prevent excess drain on the battery.

One way to avoid this is to go to the bluetooth setup screen and turn the bluetooth power to permanently on. This way, when you get near a bluetooth peripheral that the phone has been paired with, it will link up automatically.

What I have done with both my phones is just set up one of the buttons to act as a shortcut to the bluetooth menu so that I don't have to go hunt through a series of menus everytime. Then, I simply hit the button and select "Handsfree" to turn on the bluetooth to my phone and the car links up automatically. Allows for quick access and longer battery life.
Thanks CGTSX2004 and Feliz. I actually dropped by the cell phone retailer today. He had wanted to see my TSX and I thought that he could help me out as well. He did what CGTSX2004 suggested and set up a short cut for me. He also says that it helps to save the battery life if the bluetooth power is not always on.

I will try it this way for a while. If I find it inconvenient I will turn bluetooth to always on. I charge it everyday at work anyways.

Thanks for both tips on how to make it easier.

Excited
Old 12-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Still Lovin my 06

ok, so the "popping" noise was happening at a volume of about 12/13

lowered it to 6 and i can still hear a noise, but i think it was pronounced because of the volume. will be able to test with another phone soon i think.

no one else hears any noise shortly after saying "dial" and the phone starts dialing?

there is definitely something there....
Old 12-21-2005, 10:48 PM
TSX4EVR

ok, so the "popping" noise was happening at a volume of about 12/13

lowered it to 6 and i can still hear a noise, but i think it was pronounced because of the volume. will be able to test with another phone soon i think.

no one else hears any noise shortly after saying "dial" and the phone starts dialing?

there is definitely something there....
I hear it on mine as well. It is sort of the sound that you used to hear on records as the needle first worked it's way to the music.

Isn't this normal?

Excited
Old 12-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by excited
I hear it on mine as well. It is sort of the sound that you used to hear on records as the needle first worked it's way to the music.

Isn't this normal?

Excited

BINGO!

someone else hears it, so i'm not worried then. which phone you using? is it on acura's list?

excited, if you have AIM, pm me we should start the royal blue pearl tsx club
Old 12-21-2005, 11:07 PM
TSX4EVR

BINGO!

someone else hears it, so i'm not worried then. which phone you using? is it on acura's list?

excited, if you have AIM, pm me we should start the royal blue pearl tsx club
I have the Motorola V710. I believe that it is on the list.

With the volume down it is not as noticeable.

I just learnt the word "werd" so you have to patient with me, what is "AIM"? LOL Likely since I don't know what it is, I don't have it.

There is a few of us now with RBP. Soon they will have to change the name of the forum to "RBP TSX Community and others". LOL

Excited
Old 12-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Still Lovin my 06

I have the Motorola V710. I believe that it is on the list.

With the volume down it is not as noticeable.

I just learnt the word "werd" so you have to patient with me, what is "AIM"? LOL Likely since I don't know what it is, I don't have it.

There is a few of us now with RBP. Soon they will have to change the name of the forum to "RBP TSX Community and others". LOL

Excited
AIM is instant messenger.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:13 PM
TSX4EVR

AIM is instant messenger.
I have MSN Messenger, I guess that would be similar. Thanks

Excited
Old 12-24-2005, 12:44 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by feliz
Well there you go, you're smarter then I am. I just paired my phone which is the same as his and it works all the time so I haven't messed with it. For what it's worth, I haven't had to re-charge my phone since I got the car a month ago, the phone is always on but I only occasionally use it.
Well it only took a couple of days and I switched to the bluetooth being on all of the time and it pairing automatically when I sit in the TSX.

Thanks

Excited
Old 12-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Intermediate

so acura says that the VX8100 is ok to pair, handsfree call, incoming call, call transfer, and call hang up

but it's not compatible for "data call" (dunno what this is), call waiting (bummer if this is true), manual digitial tones (no idea what this is), battery levels (unless it stays at "full" all the time, it looks like this works), and signlar strength (also appeared to work this morning).

if i cant have call waiting, i seriously might need another phone. i wonder if i can do anything to get a differrent phone from verizon. i've only had this one for 3 months or so.
I finally recieved my 8100 from Verizon today. So far I'm having fun playing with it. I can't wait until you get a chance to test the call waiting feature on the TSX.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Still Lovin my 06

I finally recieved my 8100 from Verizon today. So far I'm having fun playing with it. I can't wait until you get a chance to test the call waiting feature on the TSX.

i tested call waiting, i was on the phone in the car, and i had my girlfriend call me while i was on. the phone recognized the call, but the car didnt, so i guess i cant answer call waiting on the hands free link.

does anyone have a phone that can? my gf wants to get the razr....does that work with all the functions?
Old 12-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Racer

I just learnt the word "werd"

Excited
I see it on the forums all the time and still don't know what it means. I always thought it was "weird" until recently. I have an excuse though, I'm senile.

OK, what does it mean?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:08 PM
TSX4EVR

I see it on the forums all the time and still don't know what it means. I always thought it was "weird" until recently. I have an excuse though, I'm senile.

OK, what does it mean?
It can mean anyone of these five things but on this forum it is used to mean "I agree".

1. What you say to sound interested or to avoid talking to someone annoying.
2. Used in replacement for "oh" or "really" ; when surprised.
3. Used when something funny was heard.
4. Used when something is phat or really kool.
5. Agreeing with what someone just said.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=werd

By the way most of the time the phone mates, but sometimes it doesn't. I am not sure "what's up with that".

Excited
Old 12-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Racer

By the way most of the time the phone mates, but sometimes it doesn't. I am not sure "what's up with that".

Excited
Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out what "far out" means.

My phone has worked flawlesly so far, not one glitch. I'm charging it for the first time today, it's been over a month. By the way, I don't hear the "clicks" mentioned by some.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts

Like....... groovy!
Old 12-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colin
Like....... groovy!
I can dig it!!
Old 12-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Rightous!
Old 12-24-2005, 08:02 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
if you want more options, go to some chinese cell place..... if you have them~

LOL!
Old 12-24-2005, 11:36 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Colin
Rightous!
Mele Kalikimaka

Excited
Old 12-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Instructor

This is a great place to get cell phone info: Howard Forums. It's to cell phones what Acurazine is to Acuras.....
Old 12-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Intermediate

Ebay all the way. The hottest ones right now are the RAZR and the HP TREO. A classic is also the V600 which is bluetooth ready.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by InsuranceGuy
Ebay all the way. The hottest ones right now are the RAZR and the HP TREO. A classic is also the V600 which is bluetooth ready.
hp treo? those are two different brands. TREO is one brand and HP is another. what phone are you referring to?
Old 12-26-2005, 02:25 PM
iVTEC no koe

hp treo? those are two different brands. TREO is one brand and HP is another. what phone are you referring to?
He probably means the HP iPaq HW6515 (Treo competitor)
Old 12-26-2005, 02:44 PM
TSX4EVR

My phone has worked flawlesly so far, not one glitch. I'm charging it for the first time today, it's been over a month. By the way, I don't hear the "clicks" mentioned by some.
I think that I may have fiqured it out but don't quite understand why. If I open my car with the Acura remote it works. When I start my car with the remote starter it does not.

There must be something with using the Acura fob and key to start it and the subsequent start up routine that tells the car to say "hey cell phone I am here".

Or it may just have been coincidence. I will do further scientific analysis.

www.minibite.com/christmas/hippo.htm

Excited
Old 12-26-2005, 10:33 PM
3rd Gear

So it seems like the jury's still out on some of Verizon's bluetooth phones and their compatibility with the handsfreelink -- but to recap, has anyone had any luck with a Verizon phone (by "luck", i mean call waiting works in addition to most other features)?

I've heard the new RAZR V3c being tossed around, but does anyone have this phone and has it worked (call waiting and all)? Ideally I'd love to get something cheaper out there if possible...
Old 12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Intermediate

Sprint is finally getting on the ball and releasing BlueTooth phones through SamSung (not counting previous $600 palmONE devices)

But I don't have high hopes for pairing it with my TSX because the mini-site only lists one Samsung phone for right now.

It looks like I would have to go to Verizon just to have a cellphone that works in the car.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Intermediate

Ah yes looking further down the rabbit hole, not even Verizon offers good phones (verified working per HandsFreeLink.com)

Ah it will probably be another 6 months until we see a full gambit of full capability Sprint phones.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Mine works in it

I have the Motorola ROKR with iTunes phone. You can also plug it into the MP3 player jack to play your MP3s. I bought the ROKR phone one month ago. I had no intentions of buying a new car then. But, then someone told me about the TSX. I went and test drove one two weeks ago. So I bought one. The color I wanted did not require a waiting list at the time. They delivered my 2006 Carbon Gray to me last week. I was impressed to find out that I actually bought a phone that would work in this car 2 ways. Normally, my luck would have led to to spend alot of money on a phone that would not have Bluetooth. Sorry for the rambling, but the ROKR will work as your phone and mp3 player.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Still Lovin my 06

I think that I may have fiqured it out but don't quite understand why. If I open my car with the Acura remote it works. When I start my car with the remote starter it does not.

There must be something with using the Acura fob and key to start it and the subsequent start up routine that tells the car to say "hey cell phone I am here".

Or it may just have been coincidence. I will do further scientific analysis.

www.minibite.com/christmas/hippo.htm

Excited

do other things work with the remote starter? such as memory seats?

i'm betting that maybe it's a setting for the driver. it remembers that me (driver 2) left the car with the bluetooth linked, so it automatically looks and links when i get in the car. but if i dont, then i have to press the hands free button to link it, even if the bluetooth in my phone is always on....
Old 12-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Still Lovin my 06

i think many phones with bluletooth will work with the car one way or another, you just wont be able to utilize all the features. maybe they'll work with the providers to include software updates for the phones, so that the phones will be fully compatible.

i'm going to look for updates for my phone, and see if it makes any difference. so far, even though acura's list says my battery and signal shouldnt be displayed, it works.

call waiting does not.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Intermediate

i think many phones with bluletooth will work with the car one way or another, you just wont be able to utilize all the features. maybe they'll work with the providers to include software updates for the phones, so that the phones will be fully compatible.

i'm going to look for updates for my phone, and see if it makes any difference. so far, even though acura's list says my battery and signal shouldnt be displayed, it works.

call waiting does not.
What version of software do you have for your 8100? Right now the most recent is v4. I'm wondering if the website was basing it all on v1. Perhaps the software update allows more features to be used. I know they are working on the next release right now.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Still Lovin my 06

What version of software do you have for your 8100? Right now the most recent is v4. I'm wondering if the website was basing it all on v1. Perhaps the software update allows more features to be used. I know they are working on the next release right now.
my phone says:

SW Version t81VZV04
Old 12-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Intermediate

my phone says:

SW Version t81VZV04
That is the most current version right now. Supposedly, v6 will be coming out soon (they will probably not release v5). At least most of the features work for now. I sure hope the call waiting thing gets fixed though. I wonder what you have to do when you get a 2nd call. Do you have to manually switch between callers using your phone or if you are just darn out of luck?
Old 12-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Still Lovin my 06

That is the most current version right now. Supposedly, v6 will be coming out soon (they will probably not release v5). At least most of the features work for now. I sure hope the call waiting thing gets fixed though. I wonder what you have to do when you get a 2nd call. Do you have to manually switch between callers using your phone or if you are just darn out of luck?
you know, i didnt even try answering it with the phone. i imagine you can, whether or not the bluetooth connection remains....i'll test it next time i get a chance...won't be in the car til friday though.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Intermediate

you know, i didnt even try answering it with the phone. i imagine you can, whether or not the bluetooth connection remains....i'll test it next time i get a chance...won't be in the car til friday though.
No rush! I'm still waiting for the daytime interior/exterior shots of the car. You have exactly what I'm hoping to buy in a few months.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Still Lovin my 06

No rush! I'm still waiting for the daytime interior/exterior shots of the car. You have exactly what I'm hoping to buy in a few months.
vbgirl....pm me your AIM and email. we can chat there. i'll work on the daytime pics. been so busy. should be able to do it on friday.

Quick Reply: Looking for Bluetooth phone for '06 TSX