Loaner....if it's got damage....?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loaner....if it's got damage....?

So we picked up a loaner last night, it was dark, we got in, didn't look it over, and today we notice a dent on the driver side.....will the dealership care? we don't know if it was there, or if it happened while the lady was at work today.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
They usually look over it themselves before they give it out as a loaner, however if they didn't spot it themselves, they might hold you responsible. Don't think they will though. Just tell them that it wasn't there, and the sooner you call them it would be better to inform them that they gave out a rental with a dent.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
They usually look over it themselves before they give it out as a loaner, however if they didn't spot it themselves, they might hold you responsible. Don't think they will though. Just tell them that it wasn't there, and the sooner you call them it would be better to inform them that they gave out a rental with a dent.

yeah, the woman called, and the lady who answered said ok, no problem, just tell them when you come in.

i don't mean if it's no problem, or it's no problem until we tell them when she drops it off.

anyways, i don't know how the woman phrased it, but i told her to not sound guilty, especially cause, it was probably there when we got it.

this is a loaner that goes to people in nj and nyc, so i'm sure it's taken abuse.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm a llama :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whos is this lady you speak of and who is the woman???
Old 04-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

No, they wouldn't give a shit - no one at dealer is as crazy about any of those loaners as you're about your (gf's) TSX

Old 04-20-2006, 09:21 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

I was actually in your same situation. I picked up a Milano Red TSX loaner on a Saturday evening when not many people were there. It was raining, the car was dirty inside and out. I signed the loaner agreement with the walk-around section left blank. I asked the service advisor if we were supposed to do that and he responded that they never did. Okay, I get in it. All is fine until I park it at Georgia Tech (visiting someone) and I notice when I come back to the car that there are scratches all along the back fender that appeared to be caused by someone backing it into a shrub or bush with lots of little branches. They were just surface scratches, nothing major. The dealer had closed, and it was going back Monday so there was no way to call.

Upon returning the car, my service advisor (a different one than the one who gave me the TSX the previous Saturday) said that I would be responsible for damages. I told her about the other service advisor and my loaner agreement, only then I realized he had not handed me my copy. He suddenly appeared with the loaner agreement and what was blank when I signed it was now marked "no damage", only in blue pen instead of the black I had used. He said he did a walk-around with me.. I was appalled. I told them to deal with State Farm (my insurance company) and left. The estimate was $1400 in damage, and I called State Farm and told them of how it happened and they refused to pay Nalle...err, a Marietta, GA Acura dealer any money. At this point the service manager started harrassing me over the phone. Finally, I said if he could show me the security camera footage of myself and the service advisor doing a walkaround, I would be willing to pay for the damage.

At that point he denied having security cameras (even though they are in plain sight all over the lot). I told him that I guess I would see him in court. His last words to me were "We will fix the car." and hung up. I filed BBB complaints later.

The point of this long-winded post is to watch out for dealers. They can be extremely shady and corrupt, and I wouldn't want anyone else to be stuck in the situation I was (even though it worked out in my favor). If you are relatively certain that the car did have the dent when you took possession, don't pay them a dime. However, if your insurance is held responsible I was told by State Farm that it would not cause any increase in my premiums.

Good luck.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Pro

Is it your TSX or your gf's TSX?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG, that's so dodgy. Anyway, I never trust dealers. I do the walkaround and stuff there and then, even if it is dark, dirty or busy. I don't care if people was waiting to drive out, I'll still crouch down and check every spot.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Still Lovin my 06

it's the gf's TSX, but i do most of the care, and i picked it out....but if it were mine, it'd be a 6spd MT