Less than a month...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Undercover Slacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Less than a month...

Today I was driving my 05 TSX, which I got on Dec. 3, back to work after lunch. I heard a loud rock-to-windshield type of noise. One of my buddies in the car looked up and there was a freaking crack in the windshield! There were cars coming in the opposite direction, but there were no cars in front of us. I got a crack in the windshield before I even got my plates!

Any advice on what to do with my windshield? I plan to just use a repair kit till i find a good price to replace it or get a more major crack.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Racer

ROFL well if you feel like being an @$$, drive in an area where theyre building lots o houses, then find a construction truck with a huge sticker called "call this number" or something. Tell them their truck fuxxed ur windshield =D tell them you want compensation. Im pretty sure they'll give it to ya with all the money they make. Very devious, but hey, if you dont have the cash to repair the windshield, its the best way. You can also call the insurance company, but every time you file a claim, somethings gotta go up =/.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by sccpu3d
ROFL well if you feel like being an @$$, drive in an area where theyre building lots o houses, then find a construction truck with a huge sticker called "call this number" or something. Tell them their truck fuxxed ur windshield =D tell them you want compensation. Im pretty sure they'll give it to ya with all the money they make. Very devious, but hey, if you dont have the cash to repair the windshield, its the best way. You can also call the insurance company, but every time you file a claim, somethings gotta go up =/.
haha... i take it you've done this before?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
warranty doesn't cover this?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:37 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
warranty doesn't cover this?
Nope. Most insurance policies covers it, though. Around here the glass coverage is separate and cos major money. In three or four years, the premium paid for glass coverage will be enough for a windshield replacement.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 12-22-2005, 05:11 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
1) relax its just a windshield
2) just go get the chip repaired as long as its not too big already
Old 12-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Advanced

Not sure where you are, but here in SC it's a state law that insurance has to repair the windshield for free, no deductable, no rate hike.

Same thing happened to my wife, 2 weeks after she bought a CR-V. Insurance company arranged to have the chip repaired. We were not happy with the result (could still see a mark) so they paid to have Honda replace windshield.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Undercover Slacker

I live in San Diego, CA and I rather not pay the deductible and have my insurance go up.

Hahahah, sccpu3d, that's an interesting tip, however I just used a repair kit and hope that it doesn't get any worst than it already is.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Undercover Slacker

btw, thanks for the input guys/gals
Old 12-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Racer

naw I actually live in an area /w new houses, and friend's car was legitly chipped by a truck. He says he got the compensation with a bit of phoning /w the guys, but as long as you can prove you were there around the time the truck was there, and find out what truck it is, they'll help you out. Thats just mean though =D.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:37 AM
Advanced

safeliteautoglass.com
Old 12-23-2005, 05:52 AM
Burning Brakes

.... Thats just mean though =D.
I was thinking more along the lines of "criminal". *shrug*

Florida has the same law about no-deductible on the repair, as far as I know. I understand about repairs jacking up your rates, though I'd hope that one repair wouldn't do it....
Old 12-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Advanced

Some hayseed jerkoff with his foot hanging out of the window through a beer bottle out of a car a two years ago. The base of it beaned my windshield on my Toyota smack in the middle and left a 5 inch circular cracks. I was too stunned to get plates since it was head level. Lucky I was only going 40 on a city street and it didn't shatter and hit me in the face and cause an accident. My insurance company told me I had to pay full collision deductible of $500 so it was cheaper to do it myself.

In case you guys did not know this...glass companies WILL price compete. The first few numbers I called quoted me close to $350! After a few more calls, I got one company to settle on $135 installed after I told them some of the prices I was given. And they came to my job that day and had it installed within 45 minutes! Hopes this helps.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dalieu
I live in San Diego, CA and I rather not pay the deductible and have my insurance go up.

Hahahah, sccpu3d, that's an interesting tip, however I just used a repair kit and hope that it doesn't get any worst than it already is.
Your insurance will not go up from a windshield repair.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Burning Brakes

god, i cant belive people actually think this way, how does a person drive a 30K car and find a cheap ass way to make someone else pay for their problems? are people actually that crooked in the way they think to do such a thing? i freaking crack or chip costs all of 25 bucks to get repaired. i cannot belive you would take time out of your day to try and find someone else to pay your repair bills for you.

GROW UP!

i guess its to be expected from a 17 year old. your level of maturity not only shows but it flashes in neon.

shit, great advise! people who think like this ought to be locked up.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by srenitynow
Some hayseed jerkoff with his foot hanging out of the window through a beer bottle out of a car a two years ago. The base of it beaned my windshield on my Toyota smack in the middle and left a 5 inch circular cracks. I was too stunned to get plates since it was head level. Lucky I was only going 40 on a city street and it didn't shatter and hit me in the face and cause an accident. My insurance company told me I had to pay full collision deductible of $500 so it was cheaper to do it myself.

In case you guys did not know this...glass companies WILL price compete. The first few numbers I called quoted me close to $350! After a few more calls, I got one company to settle on $135 installed after I told them some of the prices I was given. And they came to my job that day and had it installed within 45 minutes! Hopes this helps.

your dead on the money here man, and everyone reading this take note.

i got a W/S in my TSX for 280 installed paying cash. glass dealers have pre negotiated rates for W/S replacement on insurance. that same W/S through your insurance will run you about 1800 bucks and then you pay your full 500 or 1000 deductible. take it from an insurance professional your far better off going with a 1000 deductible and paying cash for the small stuff than to pay the extra monthly money for the low deductibles. in the long run you will spend a lot more than you will save.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Pro

that's maniacal..

and i know this is totally a RESURRECTION!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:45 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
remember your karma....