Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemon Law

Last month I brought my car in for the window rattle coming from the driver side door and they were unable to fix. The dealer took off the door panels, repostioned some cables and adjusted the regulator and it did not solve anything. The dealer said to make another appointment and they will have another tech look at it. So Last week I made another appointment and dropped the car off on thursday. Today the dealer called and said while test driving the car they did not hear anything and told me it could depend on the weather. Guy told me they are unable to replace any parts because they didnt hear the noise this time and if i hear it again bring it back.

My ? is would the lemon law apply if unable to fix this minor problem. The problem is not unbearable but I hear it when I drive and people who come in car don't hear a thing
Old 01-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Lemon law is only supposed to apply to drivability problems. Rattles are generally not covered.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
:shakehead I can't believe people even have to ask the question...

Common sense dictates that for such a minor problem that poses no danger to the driver of the vehicle, there is no reason for the dealer to buy it back or replace the vehicle.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004

Common sense dictates that for such a minor problem that poses no danger to the driver of the vehicle, there is no reason for the dealer to buy it back or replace the vehicle.

That's what I figured . Someone told me over weekend it might apply thats why I asked
Old 01-17-2005, 03:03 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

CG, someone :shit: in your cornflakes this morning
Old 01-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by domn
Ok, is it just me or are the smilies still not working? People keep using them, but their not showing up on my end.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The smiles aren't working yet but they will be soon. It's a complicated problem so soopa needs some time to sort things out...
Old 01-17-2005, 03:50 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
Ok, is it just me or are the smilies still not working? People keep using them, but their not showing up on my end.

I know their not working but they still have a nice effect on posts especially considering most of the forum veterans know exacly what each smiley is and how its typed.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Lemon law is only supposed to apply to drivability problems. Rattles are generally not covered.
In most States/Provinces, it is meant to cover any issues that would either be a hazard to the driver's security, negate substantially the vehicle's resale value, or even significantly deprive the owner of the enjoyment of his car.

Obviously, the latter two are subject to much interpretations, which is why the Lemon Law has many grey areas and is subject to a usually pretty exhaustive per-case analysis.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know their not working but they still have a nice effect on posts especially considering most of the forum veterans know exacly what each smiley is and how its typed.
I understand the reason why your still using them. Just didnt know if it was me or not. Cant seem to find a thread that mentions about this problem.

Sorry for the :ARGGH, Thread Hijacked:
Old 01-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
I understand the reason why your still using them. Just didnt know if it was me or not. Cant seem to find a thread that mentions about this problem.

Sorry for the :ARGGH, Thread Hijacked:
That would be

Old 01-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I'm just annoyed because most of the country is on vacation while I'm here at work and my gf, who is visiting for the week is back at my apartment...

See where I'm coming from.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:18 PM
A Commuter

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
its diffrent in every state..but in Washington this is diffrent..

our family had a 98 toyota sienna, which was bought new. But after couple of months, we kept hearing this rattle in the sliding door. We took it to the dealer ship for the rattle, and for some odd reason..they couldn't fix it.. after about 10 + dealer visits and a year later, we went through the lemon law to get our money back for the mini van... all they did was subtract the milage cost from the price originaly paid when they took it back.

after returning the van, the dealer gave us a ride to the honda dealership, and thats where we purchased my moms v6 accord~1 after we returned the van~

So at least in Washington, YOU CAn go though the lemon lar regading rattles~
Old 01-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Talking

Instead of wasting money on lemon law why not sell it on the board, I'm sure someone here woud gladly buy it from you.

Wow, hating a car over a windshield rattle.... That's Awesome

LOL, I'm sure it will all work out...it's such a great car don't give up just yet.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Burning Brakes

i remember before the update, a member was bitching and moaning about how he was fed up with all the rattles or something and wanted to sue or something. lol
Old 01-19-2005, 01:44 AM
A Commuter

Originally Posted by iNteGraz92

i remember before the update, a member was bitching and moaning about how he was fed up with all the rattles or something and wanted to sue or something. lol

when our toyota went through the lemon law, the toyota delaership suggested to us to go the lemon law route...i dunno...maybe they were getting tired of giving out retal cars for us? ^^;;
Old 01-21-2005, 11:44 AM
9th Gear

Question Door Buzzes/Rattles - I need someone's advice.

Been there done that with these damn door buzzing noises and rattles.
Now Acura has offered an "Engineer" to work on the car. (It's been to the dealer 7x and once with the regional service/parts manager overseeing the repair).

My question is - SHOULD I LET THEM? OR
Should I just go have the speakers replaced and DynaMat installed?

Would really appreciate hearing from you TSX fans!

Thanks!
-Wayne-