Left Nissan, joined the the Acura camp

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:53 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Left Nissan, joined the the Acura camp

Hello everyone,

Just joined to be part of this great forum. I have picked up about a month ago, a new 05 silver TSX, AT. Wanted White but none could be found in late 2005. I use to have an 02 Spec V Sentra.
Here's a brief review of the 2 cars, from my point of view.

Well the Sentra was a great car for me. I travelled up and down the 401 with it for 3 years and it didn't give me a single problem. The car was a blast to drive. The ride was a bit more bumpy and noisy then the TSX but the torque was amazing in that car. Handling was good but was a little twitchy at times. The quality of the finishing at Nissan is a bit questionable and this goes even with their higher end cars I find. At one time, I owned both the TSX and Spec V together for a few weeks. When I would get in the Spec after driving the TSX for a week, the Spec V would feel Raw and powerful and just a joy to drive but then after a while the car would just look plain to me and I wanted to be in the TSX again. I would've maybe kept the Spec V as a second car if I was skeptical about the quality. It felt like it wouldn't last another 4 years. Overall, no regrets about owning the Spec V, as I still miss it from time to time.

Now the TSX. We were looking at getting the new Sonata V6 or accord SE. Then just for fun, the wife and I went to Acura to take a look at it. This was a car i've always wanted since it was introduced to us. Anyways, took a test drive, plus the great year end deals and the deal was sealed. Had to get an auto but it not that bad actually. Coming from a nice , short shifting 6 speed car
This car is not as fast off the line as my Spec V but who cares. It's not ment to be a boy racer. The ride is mint in this car. Perfect mix of sportyness and subtleness. On the highway, this car shines. The engine sounds sweet when reved up. Although I was a little disapointed hitting v-tec for the first time in my life. It was not as wild as I though it would be. No big roar from the engine or anything. STill good though, it doesn't feel like i'm killing the car when i'm up there. We all know the good stuff about the car and I don't have anything bad to say. I do have some minor comments though. I though the gas milliage would be a little better but with only 2000km on it, I assume it will get better. Is this car built too tight. Over certain bumps and cracks, the right side of the interior of this car vibrates like it too tight/stiff, anyone else find this.
One issue that I have is this rattle/chingling sound coming from my trunk area, it's driving me crazy that I can't pin point it. it comes over the lightest bumps, indicating that something is just loose. Should I take it back to the dealer for issues like this?

Anyways, this is a long first post. I look forward to reading all the different things on this forum from everyone .
Old 01-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your TSX.

A lot of ppl have had rattles etc I think you will find. I have the same noise from the trunk over some small bumps etc as well. Your post reminds me of,.......well,..... me hahaha. Looked at a Sonata and an Accord as well,.......our Family has had a few Nissan/Infiniti products but went Honda now. TSX now, and my dad was looking at a TL for himself maybe. Hope you enjoy your TSX as much as I enjoy mine.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i too like the sentra spec-v...

rattle in the trunk? could be a number of causes (information available throughout this forum). the cause of my particular rattle was from bad spot welds. solution? wd-40'd the trunk cross-member.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:30 AM
WAS HONDATAFIED IN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i also went from a 03 spec v to a tsx..... you will not be dissapointed.... while the torque was awsome, the refinment on the TSX is so much better, and well i had an 04 6mt and the speed diffence wasn't too bad, actually it would have been a close race, it really would, i raced a spec v 04, i/rh/r/mm and i had i/ecu/ rims tires.... and i got him by 1/4 of a car.... so the speed difference wasn't too bad.....

i never once looked back at the decision i made in trading in the spec v ..... you'll be happy with the tsx....

i had a 03 spec v, aztec red, nismo cai, silvania silverstars
Old 01-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The Spec V was a car loved as well... but only to race against. Always close races, that in the end I won.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Pro

Heya Specv2tsx!
Congrats on your new car. Do you mind me if i ask you how much did you pay? did you get navi? and from which dealer?

I too am from montreal and STILL didnt buy the car.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Congrats and welcome to AZ
Old 01-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Burning Brakes

welcome and congrats. did u get navi?
Old 01-26-2006, 04:30 PM
7th Gear

I didn't get the Navi..don't think I really needed it but I know it would've looked sweet in the car.

Tin Tin...My car is leased at the moment at a 1.4% rate. Let me go check the numbers and i'll post the info later. The financing was at 2.9% so it works out a bit cheaper leasing it then buying it afterwards.