Large community track day meet in 05?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 10:34 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Large community track day meet in 05?

I have friends in BMW Rondel clubs, they have track day weekends all the time.

Any chance this is something the TSX community, like this one could rally around?

I'd assume we need a dealer sponcer or something for a large track in North America...we could all ralley up this summer some time and have a huge meet like the Type-R clubs do?

Just trying see if we could maybe get people thinking about this for planning in the spring or summer.

I'd love to spend a weekend at a track getting some driver training and hanging out with other TSXer's. I hate hearing about the great weekends my Bimmer buddy has at Mid-Ohio with his dad during the Rondel-BMW club meets. Beleive it or not I guess if I pay the member fees I could drive my TSX in the bimmer club meets...wouldn't that be sad....but I'm tempted because I have been wanting to take the Accord or the TSX now on the track for some time.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Instructor

sounds good, ill go for a road trip as long as i dont have to drive to the east coast
Old 12-31-2004, 12:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmm...maybe I'd have my TSX by then...
Old 12-31-2004, 12:20 AM
Master Graphic Artist

I live in Ohio
Old 12-31-2004, 02:09 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't it be somewhere up in Canada??
Old 12-31-2004, 04:02 AM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
JeffTSX was trying to get track time at Shannonville, which is about two hours east of Toronto - still a hike from BC though.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:28 AM
I kAnt Spel guD

Obviously some folks are going to have to drive a distance from somewhere...

But if the meet was actually something we registered for and paid a few to enter--to insure our support and get the track time and maybe an instructor this would be cool.

I bring up a local Acura dealer sponcer because I think we would need someone "like dealer " to help us out with Tech inspect and collecting the fees for the meet.

Does anyone on here surf the board work at a dealership near a track that would be willing to help co-ordinate a future 2005 Acura-zine meet?

...Not too scare anyone, but the BMW club weekends are serious track weekend with instructors and they run about $500-700.00 per car/person. This isn't like your Mazda rev it up stuff. You need fresh pads and healthy tires to be on the track. And you are really pushing the car and learning how to handle your self with the instructors there. What I'm getting at is ebay springs and 19" chromes aren't going to like this kind of weekend.

If nothing else maybe a large group of us could piggy back on with a BMW club to do such a weekend. The local Ohio Rondel club runs twice a year I think at Mid-Ohio sport car course. It's a tough track, CART use to use it and ALMS still uses it--and Speed World challenge runs it every year.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:54 AM
Advanced

Track Time For AcuraZine Members

Originally Posted by MrChad
... If nothing else maybe a large group of us could piggy back on with a BMW club to do such a weekend ...
Your "piggyback" idea had occurred to me too. I was wondering about the level of interest would be here in some instructor led track time as part of an amateur racing weekend at Mosport (about an hour east of Toronto, Canada) next season?

The car club I belong to organizes two weekends at Mosport and would be open to looking into this if something can be put together that is safe (i.e. helmets required, little or no passing) and is attractive to participants (i.e. fair price, reasonable track time, BBQ).

Open for discussion.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:04 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Originally Posted by Ellswrth
Your "piggyback" idea had occurred to me too. I was wondering about the level of interest would be here in some instructor led track time as part of an amateur racing weekend at Mosport (about an hour east of Toronto, Canada) next season?

The car club I belong to organizes two weekends at Mosport and would be open to looking into this if something can be put together that is safe (i.e. helmets required, little or no passing) and is attractive to participants (i.e. fair price, reasonable track time, BBQ).

Open for discussion.
That sounds cool, the question is does this site have enough enthusiasts?
I'd be up for it, but I'd need to know the date well ahead of time.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Well, since Honda is the sponsor of the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, wouldn't it be cool if we could somehow convince Honda to sponsor an event for AcuraZine at the course? A track weekend plus owner/enthusiast feedback sessions about how the current Acura line-up could be improved.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:25 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Well, since Honda is the sponsor of the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, wouldn't it be cool if we could somehow convince Honda to sponsor an event for AcuraZine at the course? A track weekend plus owner/enthusiast feedback sessions about how the current Acura line-up could be improved.

Dear Honda of America, do you check out forums...could you please contact a moderator to post here?