Just to Say Hi! And a Question of Extended Warranty!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:26 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Just to Say Hi! And a Question of Extended Warranty!

HELLO --- Hi guys, I just picked up my NBP NAVI (w/ couple add-ons) this afternoon! I'm glad that I finally belongs to this community. So, I just wanna say hi to everyone and thanks for you guys' fruitful discussions here. This forum is really helpful to me before making many decisions! I'm well educated here! Thanks dudes!

EXTENDED WARRANTY --- Here's an urgent question. Having had my new babe, the dealership offerd $1575 (orig. $1800... they said) for an extended Acura warranty of 7yrs/100000 miles. So, worth it or not? I have to make the decision by tomorrow in order to have the $1575 deal. So, any in time suggestion would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!!

CHOICE OF COLOR --- Having been in this forum for just about a week, I realized that choosing TSX as your car is not a hard decision at all, but picking the color is the real pain to many people. So, I would like to offer my two cents concerning how I made my decision at last. I hope this will be a little help to those who're still struggling at this moment, or in the future, since I've been undergone that same stressful process in choosing between ABP and NBP. At the end, however, I simply imagine: "How I would feel if I see a balck (blue) TSX on the road while I'm driving/inside a blue (black) one." Then, I came to the decision with no regret! Well, I hope this would help you with making up your mind too! \(^o^)/

Again, good to be here!
CCHO
Old 07-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Racer

The extended warranty price is negotiable even though the dealer may tell you its not. You can also purchase the warranty seperately on Ebay, just do a search. Its sold by an Acura Dealer. I cant think of the name right now. Since you got the navi equipped TSX, make sure you get the Navi TSX warranty or give them an email/call for the exact price they will sell it to you for.

You can also search on this forum about the extended warranty from Ebay. Most people agree its the exact same warranty your dealership is trying to sell you.

I got my dealer negotiated down to like $1250 or a little more for the same warranty.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Racer

Oh and I forgot to mention congrats on the new car and welcome to the board!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Burning Brakes

I paid $850Cdn for 7yr/160000km Acura Extended warranty which msrp is ~$1400Cdn. So do your math.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I got a 7 yr./100K mile extended warranty with $0 deductible for ~$1250 US.

Get this - the dealership will give me the entire $1250 back if I don't ever use the extended warranty. I had never heard of such a thing, but it's in writing. It's something they offer on all of their cars. It's basically for peace of mind.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:33 PM
9th Gear

I considered the extended warranty when I bought my new TSX a few weeks ago, but rejected it because it is NOT the same as the regular factory warranty, and it wasnt clear whether the warranty was backed by Acura or if it is just an Acura authorized 3rd party warranty.

If it was the same as the factory warranty and backed by Honda I would have bought it in a flash, but I am not interested in reading a 20 page fine print contract in legalese that doesnt clearly identify what is or isnt covered, or never knowing whether a problem is covered or not, or whether some company will be out of business when I need them.

For example, is a failed shock absorber covered? A broken spring? A door locking system? Power windows? Is the shifter part of the powertrain? What about the AC compressor? There are thousands of parts, how would you know what is excluded?

My search on the this forum didnt clarify it for me either.

Other unaswered issues are:

Is the extended warranty usable at all Acura dealers, regardless of where you purchase your warranty?
Does it provide for a loaner for major repairs?
Is it transferable?

Even a lawyer reading the contract wouldnt know. At least not my brother in law.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:44 PM
9th Gear

I considered the extended warranty when I bought my new TSX a few weeks ago, but rejected it because it is NOT the same as the regular factory warranty, and it wasnt clear whether the warranty was backed by Acura or if it is just an Acura authorized 3rd party warranty.

If it was the same as the factory warranty and backed by Honda I would have bought it in a flash, but I am not interested in reading a 20 page fine print contract in legalese that doesnt clearly identify what is or isnt covered, or never knowing whether a problem is covered or not, or whether some company will be out of business when I need them.

For example, is a failed shock absorber covered? A broken spring? A door locking system? Power windows? Is the shifter part of the powertrain? What about the AC compressor? There are thousands of parts, how would you know what is excluded?

Is the extended warranty usable at all Acura dealers, regardless of where you purchase your warranty?
Is it transferable?

Even a lawyer reading the contract wouldnt know. At least not my brother in law.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by skidder

Is it transferable?

I don't know if the warranty you speak of is the same one I bought - but I received a booklet from Acura with the specific terms in it.
It's an Acura factory warranty - usable at any and all Acura dealers. All it does is extend the normal 4 yr warranty to 7 yr/100k.
The loaner question I'm sure is for the dealer - it's not specifically mentioned in the warranty.
It is transferable - so I can sell my car if I want with the same warranty as a certified pre-owned from a dealer lot.

If you're interested I can dig it out and look some stuff up for you.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I believe there was a thread or post on this a while back and there was a dealer seling the extended warranties for $1100.