Just one headlight

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just one headlight

So I got my car back from the bodyshop and found out that the driver's headlight doesn't work...I'll have them check it out tomorrow.

Anyway, the HIDs on this car is amazing. The visibility wasn't impaired much. In fact, I couldn't tell that there was only one headlight working if not for the reflection from the car in front of me. Even with one headlight, I can see much better than both working headlights in my gf's Civic.

And here's an interesting observation, even with only the passenger-side headlight working, there is still that beam pattern where the driver's side is slightly lower. You guys know what I'm talking about. I always thought it was because the driver's side headlight was aimed slightly lower, but in this case, my driver side light doesn't work and you can still see the beam dip lower on the drivers side.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:29 PM
Burning Brakes

I am extremely impressed with my TSX's headlights! Either the factory or the dealer knew how to aim them correctly, and I had no idea that the upper cut-off would be so sharp and sudden. I cannot imagine my HIDs blinding any oncoming traffic unless I'm stopped at an intersection thats at an incline.

The coverage is wide and low. In fact, I see absolutely no technical need for fog lights, which I did not order anyway.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:00 AM
Advanced

Yea i noticed the beam lower on the drivers side also....... i always thought that it was the street that wasnt straight when i was shinning the lights against my WHITE GARAGE! Great visibility I could light up 4 lanes on the highway....... but if something is more than a couple hundred feet away cant notice it till the last possible seconds! ACURA HIDS come standard on a car and U dont have to pay extra for them such as other companies AHEM...... thats 1 reason i went for the TSX!! VERY HAPPY MAN NOW!!!!!
Old 10-16-2003, 06:46 AM
Advanced

Had the same thought about the fogs - until I installed them. They fill in the sides of the HID beam illuminating the shoulders of the road immediately in front of the car. Btw pleased with the install - thanks guys for the words, pics and instructions. Timely install but pretty easy to do.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i luv the HID lights...they make such a big difference driving at night compared to my lude that i even thought about getting HIDs for my lude till i found out the cost

interesting that the passenger-headlight still has the step pattern...wonder if there's something in the headlight that cuts off the top-left portion of the beam?
Old 10-16-2003, 10:03 AM
Pro

Originally posted by dabuda2004
i luv the HID lights...they make such a big difference driving at night compared to my lude that i even thought about getting HIDs for my lude till i found out the cost

interesting that the passenger-headlight still has the step pattern...wonder if there's something in the headlight that cuts off the top-left portion of the beam?
Yes, there is a metal reflector inside the head light to create that patern, much like the H4 bulbs have built into them (the original european headlights with replaceable bulb).

Both sides have it, otherwise you would not have the sharp cut off point.