JD Power rating for TSX~!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post JD Power rating for TSX~!

I am not sure whether you guys have seen this.. Just check it out!

http://www.jdpower.com/pdf/2003120.pdf
Old 01-26-2004, 01:46 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Thank you! That is wonderful! What I don't understand is, why isn't Acura blowing its own trumpet at least everywhere on the website? A few magazine and TV ads would be great too. I realize that they don't need to boost the sales of the TSX as is, but it certainly helps to build up a stronger brand image. You know, these JD Power rating and C&D Top 10 are highly regarded by lots of people...

The interesting thing is, that supposedly bullet-proof, reliable brand obviously is not very "appealing" at all... LOL
Old 01-26-2004, 07:38 AM
Cruisin' the Azine's

It's also would be interesting to know how JDPower chose the 100K+ respondants.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Burning Brakes

a lot of members here don't like J.D. Power because it usually shows Lexus and Toyota ahead of Honda/Acura in Quality,Dependibility and satisfaction, so they say it is a carmaker funded conspiracy to promote Toyota and their work is not legit. They are only a Marketing company too
Old 01-26-2004, 09:13 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally posted by gilboman
a lot of members here don't like J.D. Power because it usually shows Lexus and Toyota ahead of Honda/Acura in Quality,Dependibility and satisfaction, so they say it is a carmaker funded conspiracy to promote Toyota and their work is not legit. They are only a Marketing company too
I think most here actually respect JD's results. And most here accept that Toyota/Lexus is generally (But not always) ahead of Honda/Acura. In fact I can recall at least 2 surveys from last year where Acura was tops and Honda ahead of Toyota. But no biggie either way they're both extremly reliable.

Stop trying to stir stuff up Gilbo, seriously.

Besides this survey in particular from what I gather is'nt about reliability but about more of a prestige factor. Not that important to me anyway, but I'd imagine it is to you Gilbo.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Racer

fluff document. Mercury Maurader? Didn't they cancel that one. Someone paid to get their cars named in that document.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:32 AM
bleh...

Originally posted by zircon
fluff document. Mercury Maurader? Didn't they cancel that one. Someone paid to get their cars named in that document.
Last I heard they are still making that car, but it will be discontinued after this year. Also, the Ford Crown Vic is pretty much the same car as the Maruader, the Maruader is more powerful and more luxurious than the Crown Vic. Those are the only Ford cars I would buy.

V8 RWD

As for the TSX, its great to see it on top in the entry luxury car category.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:17 PM
More On

A lot of us don't respect JD Power because in most of their surveys, the criteria fit the subject very poorly (in our humble opinions), and so the results don't reflect what JD Power says they reflect. They do reflect SOMETHING, but not what they're supposed to. (Again in our humble opinions.)

Not because of where Honda or Acura get ranked.

Gilbo, I have a question for you. Do you remember that article in "Automobile" where TSX was ranked #1? According to your theory, we all should have been rejoicing over that, and saying how great "Automobile" is and how fine the article was. And, do you remember what we ACTUALLY said?
Old 01-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by domn
I think most here actually respect JD's results. And most here accept that Toyota/Lexus is generally (But not always) ahead of Honda/Acura. In fact I can recall at least 2 surveys from last year where Acura was tops and Honda ahead of Toyota. But no biggie either way they're both extremly reliable.

Stop trying to stir stuff up Gilbo, seriously.

Besides this survey in particular from what I gather is'nt about reliability but about more of a prestige factor. Not that important to me anyway, but I'd imagine it is to you Gilbo.
last time i posted JD Power results, it was dismissed by a lot of members and said JD Powers is a marketing machine for the large automakers to create uncredible reports.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by larchmont
A lot of us don't respect JD Power because in most of their surveys, the criteria fit the subject very poorly (in our humble opinions), and so the results don't reflect what JD Power says they reflect. They do reflect SOMETHING, but not what they're supposed to. (Again in our humble opinions.)

Not because of where Honda or Acura get ranked.

Gilbo, I have a question for you. Do you remember that article in "Automobile" where TSX was ranked #1? According to your theory, we all should have been rejoicing over that, and saying how great "Automobile" is and how fine the article was. And, do you remember what we ACTUALLY said?
nope i do not.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I don't trust JD Powers' data one bit, and I'm not at all impressed by this outcome.

I find there reliabilty data to be a bit of a joke, because 1) their short term data is nearly meaningless, 2) their longterm data suggests that some extremely unreliable brands (like Jaguar) are reliable. I'd much rather trust a more objective source, like Consumer Reports.

As for this latest survey, I say big deal! This tells me is that the small number of new TSX owners these guys surveyed like their cars.

I like it when the TSX gest positive attention, but hard to get to worked up about JD Powers, a source I simply don't trust or respect.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:53 PM
More On

Originally posted by gilboman
nope i do not.
Gilbo, if you're serious that you don't remember what we said about that "Automobile" article, it's a case of selective memory.

But whether or not you're being honest about this, it gives me an excuse to say what it was that we said:

Despite the fact that the article rated the TSX #1 (over about 10 other cars, including all the usual suspects), we TRASHED the article (almost unanimously) for various deficiencies, including not explaining their findings well and having stupid data charts.

Not exactly what would be expected if we were exactly what you say we are.

Thanks for giving me the excuse, Gilbo pal.