It's Heeeeere!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new TSX commercial

did anyone see the new TSX commercial? I saw it on CNBC today and it's pretty interesting.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by excited
My TSX is a refined little lady, so I hope your's doesn't make any untowards advances. You know how those onboard ship romances can be.

Excited
Oh, oh, what if we have a little TSX, or would it be a CSX? When are you going to the Islands?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:33 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by feliz
Oh, oh, what if we have a little TSX, or would it be a CSX? When are you going to the Islands?
I leave and arrive on Thursday. Getting pumped!

Tomorrow I drop off the winter wheels, tires and license plate at the dealer and update the contract. I'm doubtful that he will know the selling price yet, although he says that the rumor mill has it only going up only about $300 Cdn.

If it turns out to be a Miata, I guess that we will know that the little filly has been horsing around.

Excited
Old 11-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by excited
I leave and arrive on Thursday. Getting pumped!

Excited
Have you been getting a fake tan so you won't look like a Canadian?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:50 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

AutoWest Acura in Santa Clara, CA told me they would have one on Thurs.
I will believe it when I see it.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by yukit
AutoWest Acura in Santa Clara, CA told me they would have one on Thurs.
I will believe it when I see it.
If they do are you going to drive one?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by somberlaine
did anyone see the new TSX commercial? I saw it on CNBC today and it's pretty interesting.

do tell....
Old 11-15-2005, 08:24 PM
TSX4EVR

Have you been getting a fake tan so you won't look like a Canadian?

No I will be white as can be, other than remenants of my golf tan. After a day ot two I will be as red as can be. I will do my best to avoid that though.

Dropped the wheels/tires/plates off at the dealer today. Dropped the spoiler and getting a two way remote starter instead.

Although he didn't have any prices, he still repeated that the increase for the AT nav would be $378. ($404.46 with taxes).

Everything goes well my TSX (hopefully spoilerless) will be waiting for me on Dec 2nd.

Excited
Old 11-15-2005, 09:52 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

If they do are you going to drive one?
If they have one for a test drive, we will do the TSX & TL back to back.
When we did that with 05's in the summer, my wife liked TSX handling, but thought road noise was much worse.
We have not driven 06 TL yet so it will be interesting to see if there is much difference between driving the new TSX & TL.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Only Acuras Since '93

Since I was lucky enough to start this thread, can I ask folks who've got a few minutes to kill what they think of this?:

Go to the Acura site, build a white TSX with just the side and back skirts and the "SF High Polish" wheels, and throw on some door visors.

That's what I think I might do with my due-any-day '06 PWP. It's kinda hard not to like, ain't it?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

Allllllllriiiiighty then.

Hey, it's a whole different thing for an old guy driving bad roads in Northeastern snow country... ahh, never mind...
Old 11-17-2005, 05:55 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Are you not getting the front spoiler because you think it would be too low in the snow?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

No, nothing like that, Acura just did a good enough job making the '06 front end more aggressive that I thought it looked good that way. Maybe I just don't like their front piece this year...

But generally I'll probably have to avoid anything that lowers the car. The roads are such shit around here I'd be better off going the other way, and building a Monster TruckSX...
Old 11-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Irfo
No, nothing like that, Acura just did a good enough job making the '06 front end more aggressive that I thought it looked good that way. Maybe I just don't like their front piece this year...

But generally I'll probably have to avoid anything that lowers the car. The roads are such shit around here I'd be better off going the other way, and building a Monster TruckSX...

nice! and btw, i went and added those options on the acura site w/ the white and it did look

just not sure about the extra door add-ons....
Old 11-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

The door visors are for function, not form. I own an RSX right now, and up until a month ago I smoked cigarettes, and I liked to open the driver's window to vent the smoke.

Well, if it's raining and you open the window on an RSX by a even couple of inches, you get absolutely flooded out. I guess rain gutters are a thing of the past, especially on highly-styled cars, but I still can't believe how much water would come in. I still have my towel in the car from the days I had to sop it up.

So even though I don't plan to go back to smoking, I guess it's ingrained in me that you should get door visors if you buy an Acura and they're available, because if for whatever reason you want to drive with your window open a bit in the rain, you'll sure wish you had them.

The really strange thing to me is, when I look on the Acura site at RSX accessories, it seems they still don't sell door visors for the RSX. I would think people would have been pounding on Acura's doors for them...
Old 11-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Irfo
Your idea is grow on me. A guy in another thread posted pix of his black tsx at the dealership. I like how the new front is smoothly integrated with the rest of the car. I'd have to see the OEM spoiler in person, but the new front might be better left untouched.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:30 AM
First US '06 TSX on board

Originally Posted by J.A.S.
Your idea is grow on me. A guy in another thread posted pix of his black tsx at the dealership. I like how the new front is smoothly integrated with the rest of the car. I'd have to see the OEM spoiler in person, but the new front might be better left untouched.

<----Guy who posted those new pictures (more comming Sunday or Monday)

Agree. The smooth look is better. It looks very well intigtared and smooth. In person it is more agressive looking.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Yui
Pro

Hey all, I saw the 06 TSX today. Visited Acura of Tempe and was surprised that they didn't have ANY TSX's out on the show room floor. I asked about this and they were like "We're completely sold out." However, they had a fair selection of certified used ones. Hmm...

Anyhow, I talked to one guy, asking about the 06 TSX, and he said that he had a red one in the back getting prepped for the auto show coming to Phoenix next weekend. It had a parchment interior, and unfortunately it was locked so I couldn't get in to get a good look. The wood trim looks a little better if that's your thing, more "real" if you will. I personally like the silver trim myself. Regarding the exterior, from the photos I'd seen so far it looks like there's this uneven gap between the hood and the grill, but if you get up close and look it is perfectly parallel, and I think it looks really nice. I like how the hood is perfectly clean now, but I can't decide which I like better - would have to see them side by side in person I think. Argh, can't decide which I like better. Maybe the 06 grill is noticeably wider too. Overall, the new front fascia seems more aggressively defined, the side skirt has a noticeable flare on the front and rear, and the creases are more noticeable on the rear bumper. It definitely looks more aggressive - I can't wait to see it in Glacier Blue Metallic now.

I hereby rescind my offer to trade with an 05 exterior =P But the wheels. The wheels. The wheels have to go! It's one thing if you're buying the car for your wife but... =P
Old 11-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Yui
Pro

Oh yeah, the low profile wiper blades are great too!
Old 11-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Racer

I have some pictures of my Gray 06, they're not great but if anyone wants to see them or will post them for me I'll pass them on if I get your email address.