Its getting closer...can you feel it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
how do you guys get the kit so cheap?? and where ..
Old 02-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pmail
Yes, congratulations! I've been following your threat while I've been waiting for my car, and, like you, just got the call this afternoon and just returned from finalizing the deal. (End of the month sales stats -- makes sense, right?) PWP 6 spd MT w/ navi. Sleet and ice on the road make it too dangerous for me to drive anything home tonight (took the D.C. Metro), but the loaner request was smart thinking. Here's my dilemma. Because of all the salt on the road for the snowy/icy weather conditions, I'd rather drag out picking it up fresh and clean, with less risk of ice and snow as we head into March, but I wonder how long I can bide my time with the dealership. I also wonder if there are other downsides to that strategy besides not having my car. (I'm not too concerned about having it before the weekend because I won't be able to drive it anyway.)
Well, I was about to just suck it up and have one of the salesman drive me home, but then I was like...I'm about to put down 9Gs and walk away with nothing. So I scared them by saying that I'm going to hold off until tomorrow and that I would need a loaner or something to make the deal go thru. Little did I know a 2005 TL w/ nav was the loaner

I'd rather have the car in my garage instead of it being out there in the storm. That's just my feelings towards it though, I'm sure there's no issues having it outside of the dealership for a few days.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by xaznperswaesonx
how do you guys get the kit so cheap?? and where ..
There was a group buy on a different forum.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Well, I was about to just suck it up and have one of the salesman drive me home, but then I was like...I'm about to put down 9Gs and walk away with nothing. So I scared them by saying that I'm going to hold off until tomorrow and that I would need a loaner or something to make the deal go thru. Little did I know a 2005 TL w/ nav was the loaner

I'd rather have the car in my garage instead of it being out there in the storm. That's just my feelings towards it though, I'm sure there's no issues having it outside of the dealership for a few days.
Good reasoning, and thanks for your perspective on this!

We be poppin' the champagne corks tonight!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:17 PM

Good reasoning, and thanks for your perspective on this!

We be poppin' the champagne corks tonight!
Well, I'm assuming that they had my car out there tonight, so its still going to feel the wrath of the storm tonight, but hopefully they'll get it into the garage and get it nice and washed up before I pick it up tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Racer

That is awesome VB. You will love your TSX. I love mine. Unfortunately it has snowed 3 times since I have had it in the past 10 days.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by BonzoAPD
That is awesome VB. You will love your TSX. I love mine. Unfortunately it has snowed 3 times since I have had it in the past 10 days.
I know I'm going to love it. I just wish it was nice out so that I could keep it nice and clean. I probably will have to garage it for awhile until it gets nicer out. I'm hoping this weekend will be nice so that I can take it for a nice drive. I'll be putting on the OEM Kit this Friday.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Well, I'm assuming that they had my car out there tonight, so its still going to feel the wrath of the storm tonight, but hopefully they'll get it into the garage and get it nice and washed up before I pick it up tomorrow.
Mine too. They said (and I'm very sold on this dealership (Chevy Chase Acura, MD), so I accept their word), that, although theyre finished with the other prep, the plastic won't come off until I'm about to come in to pick up the car.

Back to the ice/snow/salt issue, suburban living is differerent from urban. Where I live, there aren't private garages in even upscale city neighborhoods like mine. It's on-sreet parking, so I can't give the car refuge from the storm when I take it home. Urban maintenance: that may need to be a new thread.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:48 PM

Mine too. They said (and I'm very sold on this dealership (Chevy Chase Acura, MD), so I accept their word), that, although theyre finished with the other prep, the plastic won't come off until I'm about to come in to pick up the car.

Back to the ice/snow/salt issue, suburban living is differerent from urban. Where I live, there aren't private garages in even upscale city neighborhoods like mine. It's on-sreet parking, so I can't give the car refuge from the storm when I take it home. Urban maintenance: that may need to be a new thread.
Man, that sucks! I hope I never have to park it on the streets every day.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Decroded piece of crap

hey congrats on your new ride!

post pics soon!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by mrkon
hey congrats on your new ride!

post pics soon!
Will do!

Won't be too spectacular (since it'll be stock), but I'll be installing my OEM Kit this Friday and then hopefully getting my Eibach Pro-System Kit within the month. Then comes some wheels
Old 03-01-2005, 11:08 AM
VV "Precision Crafted" VV

Bong,

Been reading your posts for the past couple months. Gotta say, I'm pulling (and everyone else on this forum) for you man to get your car soon so that you can be an official TSX owner. I'm impressed that you purchased all those mods even before you even have the dang car!!! Good Luck and let us know when you pick it up.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by DJDZ
Bong,

Been reading your posts for the past couple months. Gotta say, I'm pulling (and everyone else on this forum) for you man to get your car soon so that you can be an official TSX owner. I'm impressed that you purchased all those mods even before you even have the dang car!!! Good Luck and let us know when you pick it up.
Hey, thanks DJDZ! I am really excited about picking the car up. Just called them up to confirm that they'll have everything ready for me come 5pm today.

And about my pre car purchases, I wanted to have at least the OEM Kit ready to go when I took delivery of the car. I can't wait to install it!