View Poll Results: Which one looks more expensive/classy.
Parchment looks better
33.06%
Ebony looks better
66.94%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Interior opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 02:43 AM
I'm a llama :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior opinions

Can you guys give me your opinions on the quality of the ebony and parchment interior? I would just like to know if you guys think one looks cheaper or better than the other.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the Parchment interior. However, in canada you cant get a pearl white tsx with that interior, so I guess super death black leather it is for me once again.

Just like my accord. Death leather of heat and murder!
Old 07-10-2005, 03:22 AM
Racer

I"m just not a fan of wood interiors.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I just don't like how the wood grain and tan comes up to the black dash. It seems like a short cut they took for economies of scale. "If we can keep the dash black, no matter the interior color, we can save..." mentality.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It looks ok to me. IMHO, the black looks more sporty with a touch of elegance, while the tan is all elegance. I persoanlly like the black and silver combo.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Burning Brakes

I had Charcoal Black interior in my CL and man it was depressing and dark inside. My Gray is much better now and quite nice.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:27 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It boils down to what YOU like, we all have our opinion's- which is probably why you started this pole. And some feel parchment is superior, some feel ebony is the best. I happen to like black leather interiors, every car I've owned has had a black leather interior- but that's me.

When I bought my TSX(in 2004) I wanted milano red, but didn't want the parchment interior so I ended up with ABP- which I've grown to love.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Master47
I just don't like how the wood grain and tan comes up to the black dash. It seems like a short cut they took for economies of scale. "If we can keep the dash black, no matter the interior color, we can save..." mentality.
I kinda like that look. My sisters G20 was like that and some earlier accords were like that as well. I have a tan interior and brown dash and I wish my dash was black. I like contrast a lot.

Originally Posted by Alin10123
It looks ok to me. IMHO, the black looks more sporty with a touch of elegance, while the tan is all elegance. I persoanlly like the black and silver combo.
I like that combo too cause of the contrast.

Originally Posted by SDCGTSX
I had Charcoal Black interior in my CL and man it was depressing and dark inside. My Gray is much better now and quite nice.
I know what you mean. Lighter interiors sort of put me in a better mood. I have had one car with all black and I think it was kinda depressing.

Originally Posted by Tireguy
It boils down to what YOU like, we all have our opinion's- which is probably why you started this pole. And some feel parchment is superior, some feel ebony is the best. I happen to like black leather interiors, every car I've owned has had a black leather interior- but that's me.

When I bought my TSX(in 2004) I wanted milano red, but didn't want the parchment interior so I ended up with ABP- which I've grown to love.
I was thinking about black/black or black/parchment. That or abp/black. I really like the silver/black but that just seems too comon. If I get blue or silver, it's GOING to be black, but If I get black, I kinda like the parchment.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Pro

I have a NHB/P and I added the faux OEM wood grain option with black OEM floor mats. I love the look. With the black mats I don't have the problem of dirt showing plus it helps set-off/define the rest of the interior. I always get a very positive reaction from people and they always think I paid big $$$'s for the car, etc. I think it looks more MB/BMW Euroish and yes I like that look. In the end it's all a matter of personal taste.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Instructor

with all the snow/salt in toronto, parchment = a big mess. plus the wood is fake/cheesy looking.

ebony all the way!
Old 07-10-2005, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Still Water
I have a NHB/P and I added the faux OEM wood grain option with black OEM floor mats. I love the look. With the black mats I don't have the problem of dirt showing plus it helps set-off/define the rest of the interior. I always get a very positive reaction from people and they always think I paid big $$$'s for the car, etc. I think it looks more MB/BMW Euroish and yes I like that look. In the end it's all a matter of personal taste.
Now I'm leaning more towards black/parchment.

Originally Posted by t_dot_porkchop
with all the snow/salt in toronto, parchment = a big mess. plus the wood is fake/cheesy looking.

ebony all the way!
I kinda like the wood. Does it look better if you get that wood kit?
Old 07-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech

Parchment interior on the TSX looks really cheap for some reason.......the leather looks so plastic and fake......and yes the wood looks fake too.

The dash and steering wheel both are black, and really clashes with the parchment. The TLs Parchment is actually pretty nice, but TSX, no no.

Parchment on NHB and MR looks OK, at times I actually think it looks pretty nice.......but it looks the terrible on PWP.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Master47

Its a BMW copy. All BMWs use the black dash and whatever colour interior. Looks bimmer!

I like honda copying bimmer! Better them then others!
Old 07-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Here Acura is copying a proper sport luxury interior. BMW. Best interior in this class, IMHO! But the bimmer uses real wood 400 dollar option?

Old 07-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Pro

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry for the poor picture quality, they don't really show the true color contrast and detail.

Having had many different color combos including black, I wanted something that was different and as "classy" looking yet affordable. Yes I know its faux wood and yes if I spent $5k up to whatever I could have real wood, but hey, let's get real. It's <$30K, drives GREAT and can last >200K miles. That's why I bought a TSX and am loving every minute of it including when I open the door and look inside.

As to looking cheap, cheesy, fake, bland, blah, poor imitation/copy, plastic like, etc. All I can say is that's why there's more than one flavor of ice cream. And if one thinks that their flavor is best and all the others are crap... Then all I can say is all your taste is in your mouth.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Powered by Honda
I love the Parchment interior. However, in canada you cant get a pearl white tsx with that interior, so I guess super death black leather it is for me once again.

Just like my accord. Death leather of heat and murder!
really i've never seen a black interior leather with Pearl white in america, anyway I love the Parchment looks classier and better, hate the black
Old 07-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Racer

bTW i have NHB w/ Parchment, and ima get the all weather floor mats to ad the contrast, but I don't have the FULL wood kit, just the standard.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Advanced

Parchment a little to Chic(k)

The parchment color, particularly with the white, looks too much like a Chick car. The fake wood doesn't work either.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by wclark
really i've never seen a black interior leather with Pearl white in america, anyway I love the Parchment looks classier and better, hate the black
That's cause he's in Canada.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Motohip
That's cause he's in Canada.
oh yeah, them canadians
Old 07-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The interior quality is the same except for the wood vs. metal trim. Not sure which trim stands up to scratches and scuffs better. It all depends on your taste in color. IMHO the parchment looks more classy while the black looks more sporty. I have the PWP/Parchment combo but I'm thinking of replacing my floormats with black ones. I like the way that looks in the pic that Still Water posted.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Pro

I like the "look" of the black mats matching the black dash. The faux wood now looks more like a transition to the parchment color. They help set-off the wood & parchment interior. I also have the gold kit installed and it adds just enough gold to highlight the emblems without being gaudy or cheap looking. People seem to like it and at first sight don't think its an Acura followed by "what's a TSX?"

P.S. Of course the black mats hardly show any dirt or wear v. the OEM ones. My parchment mats showed every like bit of dirt and were a bitch to clean. Now they're riding the pine playing back-up.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Team Owner

My parchment mats showed every like bit of dirt and were a bitch to clean.

I also find this to be the case.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Thanks for the pics and the PM Still Water. Me Like!!
Old 07-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Ebony is just soooo sexy

Not a fan of wood on my car...

Ebony will gives off a sportier feel and parchment just has that elegant look to it...
Old 07-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Now I'm leaning more towards black/parchment.

I kinda like the wood. Does it look better if you get that wood kit?

I have NHB/ebony and it looks really sharp. I used to have parchment on my old Acura and I just cannot get myself to accept the obviously fake wood. If real wood was an option I would consider the parchment, but black shows less dirt than the lighter parchment. Another consideration is if you plan to tint your windows. Ebony masks how dark the tint is making it look darker from the outside than it really is.

I just wish PWP had the option of ebony but NHB/ebony looks really sharp.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wclark
PWP with ebony is only option in Canada. Just PWP with parchment is only option in U.S.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:37 PM
8th Gear

That's a neat idea! I bought my NBP/P 1 week ago today and love it but have been trying to come up with a good floor mat solution. I live in the south and don't like the thick rubber all weather mats... Black OEM might be a great idea to hide dirt and offset the rest of the interior.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:51 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Originally Posted by NightShredder
I have NHB/ebony and it looks really sharp. I used to have parchment on my old Acura and I just cannot get myself to accept the obviously fake wood. If real wood was an option I would consider the parchment, but black shows less dirt than the lighter parchment.
Same here, I have NHB/Ebony and love it, but I answered the poll that the Parch interior looks classier. To me the ebony is sportier and more enveloping, the parchment is more airy and classy. The wood isn't great but, as has been pointed out, it is a $26,000 car and typically real wood (especially nice-looking real wood) is in the $30,000+ league.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:38 PM

Is black really that depressing? Does parchment put you in a better mood?
Old 07-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Racer

i think so, i hated my sisters old black on black legend
Old 07-14-2005, 02:56 PM
7th Gear

The parchment looks good with NHB or PWP, IMO. Every other exterior color, ebony is the way to go.

Cheers,

JC
Old 07-14-2005, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by cruelster
The parchment looks good with NHB or PWP, IMO. Every other exterior color, ebony is the way to go.

Cheers,

JC
Yeah, thats what I think too! Except I think you could do both parchment and ebony on the NHB.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Team Owner

What's most important is that it looks good with PWP.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cruelster

Cheers,

JC
I was stuggling to get PWP or NHB when I was ordering my car. I used to like parchment interior and I also found that the ebony on SSM was very boring and dull. However the dot on the parchment leather really stand out and really borthering me so I end up with ebony. Now, I feel very boring, aging and very outdated on the beige/wood interior of my bimmer when compare to my ebony TSX. But I think the parchment also look very good on Milano Red too.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Burning Brakes

No way. Black is not depressing at all. I even had to wait to get the ebony so I am biased. Just remember with parchment you get fake wood and with ebony you get silver and black.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:25 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Like someone said, it comes down to personal preference -- they're both high-quality, great looking interiors with excellent fit and finish. If there were clearly one that everyone likes better, Acura wouldn't waste their time with the other one.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I like gray with the silver trim....best interior combo ever!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by peter_bigblock
Like someone said, it comes down to personal preference -- they're both high-quality, great looking interiors with excellent fit and finish. If there were clearly one that everyone likes better, Acura wouldn't waste their time with the other one.
I agree... Here's to diversity!!

Now a vote for the practical. Being that yesterday was 105 deg.F and that in my neck of the woods the Sun shines bright & hot a good portion of the year (NorCal); there are a fair amount of people who love the look of a black interior and having owned one would never choose to have one again. I guess it's a case of blistered butt v. fashion. In the end it's a case of "to each his own."

Case in point, I have a NHB/P with tinted windows and when one opens a door the color contrast, I think, is very rich looking and relatively unique. I do agree with those that have previously suggested B v. P interior option boils down to a "sporty v. classy" look. This is not a slam on black interiors. I did after all buy a black car and was subject to all those unsolicited "negative black car" comments. In the end, I liked it & I bought it! Ain't life grand.

Kudos to Acura for offering us the option and delivering such a refined, well thought out vehicle.