Integra GSR to TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:07 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integra GSR to TSX?

This is my first post here, even though I have been reading and learning so much for my future purchase of a TSX.

I currently own a '94 Integra GSR 4-door. I have been happy with the car for almost six years now (thank goodness for sound deadening!), but it is time for something new. Has anybody else here moved from a GSR to a TSX? I was curious how they would compare their TSX to their previous Integra. I know the obvious would be the difference in comfort of course, but how do the power and handling in the TSX (6MT) compare to the Integra GSR? It is really hard to tell from just a test drive, so I thought I would ask anybody who has had a TSX for some time.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Git er Done!!

I moved from a 2001 GSR to my TSX. If you're looking for an upgrade to get a more refined more luxurious ride then I think you'll be happy with the TSX. I like my TSX but I still wish I had my GSR. I just had more fun driving my Teg.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
5MT 4 dr LS Teg to 5AT TSX Navi here. Power-wise I can tell that my 5AT goes quicker easier, if not faster then my integra, just maybe not at launch for 0-60 or quarter miles. I've driven Black_6spd's TSX, and I can tell you that its already quicker than my LS by a long shot, even after I upgraded my LS had I/H and lightweight rims/tires.

The advantage I believe you get in this comparison is grunt in the low end and midrange. The butt-dyno will likely tell you that the GSR has a more apparent change at the VTEC crossover as compared to i-Vtec, but the TSX is easily quicker AND smoother of the 2. Its quick and flat throughout the rev range, and be able to get yourself into the powerband much quicker, whereas with the GSR, you feel as if you are always on your way to the power rather than in it. The numbers don't do this car justice.

Handling: I'm about 3000 miles into my stock TSX, whereas I've had 138,000 miles of seat time in the Integra. I'm still learning the limits of the TSX, but I can see already that it is a flat out better handler. Im not referring only to grip, lateral acceleration, etc, but also feedback, being able to take it to its limits, placing it in a tight corner, etc. It just builds your confidence. Its the major reason why alot of TSXers bought it rather than the TL.

One thing you'll notice specifically going from the 4dr Teg to TSX is that the back end is planted MUCH better. The back end of the 4dr Teg is almost a hazard because it had a tendency to get really loose. I've taken my integra to the limit, even spinning out on a cloverleaf....but the TSX seems to let you know how far to take it. The chassis is much more competent and solid. The Teg is much more raw and doesn't absorb impacts or communicate as well as the TSX does. The handling and balance is what truly sold me on this car.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:55 AM
Instructor

I have a stock 2 door 95 GSR and TSX auto. Powerwise, the Integra is much stronger and quicker to me(It's because of the weight of course). It feels more alive and agile then the TSX. The TSX is too refined. But as far as handling goes, they both feel the same, but the TSX has more grip I think. You might not get much from what I'm saying (I'm not much of a knowledgable car person), but having driving the TSX for a almost a year, I can say that the two are very different.

I still miss the 'teg when I'm not driving it. It's more fun to drive. However, I'm just at an age where I prefer more of the luxury and confort side but with a little sport. Oh BTW, I tested both the 6 speed and auto and went with the auto. The stick does feel livelier and faster, but I couldn't get another stick. Good luck!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 11:03 AM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
My TSX replaced my 99 GS-R sedan. I consider the TSX as an upgrade due to the luxury items that the Integra didn't have. In the power comparison, I would say that both cars are quite similar, maybe a bit quicker in the Integra because it's roughly about 450 lbs lighter. But as for low end torque, it definitely goes to the TSX. When coming out of a turn in 2nd gear, it was quite noticeable that the Integra was lacking torque.

As far as handling (stock vs. stock), I had to say the TSX is better just because I know more about handling now than when I had the Integra (in stock form). So I know what to look for and how to find the limits.

When comparing the handling in modded vs. modded, then I'll have to give it to the Integra just because I set that car up for auto-x purpose. The Integra was more nimble than the TSX. It rotated quite nicely on almost any types of turns. The TSX feels a little too heavy and big for the tighter turns, but great on high speed sweepers.

I really like both of them. I still missed my Integra though.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:43 AM
VSA Rocks

Add one more to the "I miss my teg" club...

The biggest difference I've noticed is the much upgraded low-end power of the K24. Although its powerband isn't as sporty as the B18c motor, its better suited for everyday driving.

My teg felt like I needed to kick its ass everytime I drove.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:39 PM
6th Gear

I posted the following response in another thread the other day concerning my thoughts after a 1000 miles, but it is more appropraite here I suppose:

I came from a 95 Integra GSR coupe that I drove for over ten years and really like that car a lot. I actually did not sell it yet so I am able to compare it to the TSX as I get to know the TSX better.

So far I am appalled at the mileage I am getting. Last fill up just averaged over 21 mpg (100 % city driving for that tank). I know my Integra was a lot lighter, but I always averaged well over 30 mpg and did not expect the TSX to be THAT much worse. Hopefully the engine is breaking in and that will make a difference. We have a 2001 Toyota Highlander as well, and it is a 6 cyl SUV and it averages about 20 mpg!

I also really do not like how large the pillars are on each side of the windshield (to accomodate the side airbags I presume). For my seat position, it really feels like I have a major blind spot that is especially apparent when turning. The Integra just has a lot more forward visibility in my opinion.

I also hate the turning radius. It can make parking etc a pain compared to my Integra.

Finally, I unfortunately think the Integra Gear box was better. The throw from gear to gear seems shorter and it just feels to "pull" itself into the next gear as I shift. 1st to second especially on the TSX is not too smooth for me for some reason. Maybe the Integra is just broken in nicely after 10 years. The Integra is a quicker too in my opinion. I do plan to buy one have Dan's new shift knobs that might help the feel.

I really am trying to like this car and don't mean to sound like I am bashing it. I even spent 4.5 hours giving the first wash, clay, wash, polish, and finally wax job on it today. It is just that on some days I step into the garage and prefer to get into my old Integra to go to work.

I am actually still considering calling up my dealer to see just how bad of a hit I would take if they would consider taking the car back (my guess is I will lose at least $3000 including lost sales tax). I too am at an age though now (35) that the TSX might suit my lifestyle better (4-door etc), so I just don't know.

My advice is when you do your test drive, look at the things I mentioned and see if they are of concern to you.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Instructor

I had an '01 GSR and traded it for an '04 TSX. The GSR's limited passenger capacity was it's biggest strike for me, otherwise I loved that car.

That being said, I am very happy with the TSX, it's handling, level of refinement, features etc.

My biggest regret about the TSX is that I opted for the 5AT With the 5AT, there definitely are times where I wish I still had the GSR.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:30 PM
tsxy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the Integra is really ugly the TSX looks good

so at least you will get some compliments in it now
Old 07-21-2005, 04:14 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by stphy32
well the Integra is really ugly
I don't think so, but to each his/her own.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:39 PM
6th Gear

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everybody for posting replies, they are great. I'm going to wait until the '06 models come out to see what has changed. My father has decided to buy my car for himself and my brother, so that part is luckily done. I guess it's just time to start saving my money for my new car!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Talking Wow

Your Integra has not been stolen yet?
Old 07-22-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by TSX69
Your Integra has not been stolen yet?
How do you think he got it in the first place? Who actually pays money for Integra's these days?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My 95 GSR was stolen in NJ....(even had pictures of it being stolen on video survailance camera in broad daylight.) I still miss it, but learning to cope with an 05 TL.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:18 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by Doubtit
My 95 GSR was stolen in NJ....(even had pictures of it being stolen on video survailance camera in broad daylight.) I still miss it, but learning to cope with an 05 TL.
yeah omg what a downgrade....
Old 07-22-2005, 03:45 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Due to an accident, which totalled my 1996 GS-R Sedan to a 2005 6MT TSX. It is like 10 times more luxurious. I have had it less than 1 month, so far so good. As someone mentioned already the shift throws are rather harsh, well the 1-2 shift is. Other then that its fine [at the moment]
Old 07-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by stphy32
well the Integra is really ugly the TSX looks good

so at least you will get some compliments in it now

Not really. Compared to other cars that came out around that time...it still looks good. Of course, the TSX is better in looks and otherwise, but the integra is still up there in my opionion. Up until a year ago, I still get compliments. Maybe cause mines white and all stock....it still looks good!
Old 07-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GSR2TSX
This is my first post here, even though I have been reading and learning so much for my future purchase of a TSX.

I currently own a '94 Integra GSR 4-door. I have been happy with the car for almost six years now (thank goodness for sound deadening!), but it is time for something new. Has anybody else here moved from a GSR to a TSX? I was curious how they would compare their TSX to their previous Integra. I know the obvious would be the difference in comfort of course, but how do the power and handling in the TSX (6MT) compare to the Integra GSR? It is really hard to tell from just a test drive, so I thought I would ask anybody who has had a TSX for some time.
I went from a '92 LS to a 2005 TSX. The only plus I feel the Integra has over the TSX is less roll when cornering hard.
Apart from that it's TSX all the way - no disrepect to the Integra, it's a great car.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 AM
1st Gear

orlistat warnings

Order ORLISTAT!!! Worldwide Delivery!!! We have Cheapest prices on ORLISTAT and other pills! Accepting Mastercard and Visa. Very fast delivery all over the world. This is the best choice to BUY Orlistat !!! !!!!! Order High Quality Orlistat Pills! !!!!! We are in business for years, so shoping is 100% safe! Follow link below to buy Orlistat orlistateuk orlistatorlistat side effects abdominal painorlistat alli side effectsorlistat safety pregnancyorlistat xenical usaorlistat pills 120mgorlistat quantitationorlistat and weightxenical orlistat buy onlineorlistat diabetes mellitusorlistat online pharmacyxenical orlistat capsules Featured talk: orlistat and synthroid xenical orlistat news orlistat non prescription orlistat weight loss forum orlistat manufacturers taiwan orlistat 60mg side effects orlistat no prescription needed orlistat interactions side effects orlistat and pancreatitis orlistat dangers orlistat side effects alli orlistat side effects ppt orlistat xenical precio where orlistat drug sold orlistat or alli orlistat weight loss forum orlistat weight loss reviews orlistat side effect orlistat in pregnancy orlistat tablets review orlistat alli history orlistat side effects vision orlistat usage instructions xenical orlistat cancer orlistat india price orlistat drug abuse orlistat tablets work orlistat uk suppliers orlistat risks orlistat amazon uk alli and orlistat orlistat use in breastfeeding orlistat dosis generic orlistat india
Old 04-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by avaincBak
Order ORLISTAT!!! Worldwide Delivery!!! We have Cheapest prices on ORLISTAT and other pills! Accepting Mastercard and Visa. Very fast delivery all over the world. This is the best choice to BUY Orlistat !!! !!!!! Order High Quality Orlistat Pills! !!!!! We are in business for years, so shoping is 100% safe! Follow link below to buy Orlistat orlistateuk orlistatorlistat side effects abdominal painorlistat alli side effectsorlistat safety pregnancyorlistat xenical usaorlistat pills 120mgorlistat quantitationorlistat and weightxenical orlistat buy onlineorlistat diabetes mellitusorlistat online pharmacyxenical orlistat capsules Featured talk: orlistat and synthroid xenical orlistat news orlistat non prescription orlistat weight loss forum orlistat manufacturers taiwan orlistat 60mg side effects orlistat no prescription needed orlistat interactions side effects orlistat and pancreatitis orlistat dangers orlistat side effects alli orlistat side effects ppt orlistat xenical precio where orlistat drug sold orlistat or alli orlistat weight loss forum orlistat weight loss reviews orlistat side effect orlistat in pregnancy orlistat tablets review orlistat alli history orlistat side effects vision orlistat usage instructions xenical orlistat cancer orlistat india price orlistat drug abuse orlistat tablets work orlistat uk suppliers orlistat risks orlistat amazon uk alli and orlistat orlistat use in breastfeeding orlistat dosis generic orlistat india
Where the f*ck did this douche bag come from?
Old 04-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Advanced

old thread anyway
Old 05-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had every generation(DB2,DC2,DB8) of GS-R and I like my TSX way better. I only miss the DB2 on track days because it was by far the quickest 1/4 mile and lap wise. Luxury,TSX hands down. I'm on my second 6-speed TSX (had a 300hp 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT in between). I've tried going back to a Integra but they just feel cheap to me now.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:55 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My bad,didn't realize old thread.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a Ek hatch with type r everything and now have a TL.. Even tho I feel my hatch was faster I love the luxury .. Also nothing beats NOT having to put so many locks on your car just to make sure it's there when you come back.. Lol Fiy I live in NY