Insurance Premium - Member Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
Of course you have access to all cars.

I think many people don't understand some basic concepts of car insurance. You don't insure people, you insure cars. So the fact that my parents have insurance on their cars, means i can drive thos carse with their permission and their insurance covers any accidents i may get in.

For instance, i currently have a driver's license but i don't own a car. My girlfriend owns the TSX, she has the insurance. I can drive the car with her permission, and if i were to get into an accident, it's covered.

Shuffling around the "primary" driver on a fleet of cars ina family is common, to achieve the cheapest rates. My older sister's insurance was more expensive because of tickets, so her camry, in my dad's name, had me as the primary driver since it required full coverage while making payments on the car. my nissan sentry, had my sister as the primary driver. it's all irrelevant. you just need "permission" to drive the car, from the person who owns the insurance on it (usually the owner of the car, as i understand it)

actually your not entirely correct, yes you can mix and match cars only because the insurance company really has no way to proove what car each person drives. however the car they are assigned to follows the driver assigned to that car. so if your sister were to drive a friends car there would be no coverage for the car itself. and if the person that owned the car had no collision coverage the wrecked car would not be repaired. at this point it becomes a court case between parties to settle the loss.

insurance insures the vehicles yes but unless you live with your parents or girlfriend your not covered and neither is the car unless your listed on one of the policies or proove you live where the cars are garaged. i guarentee you that if your not on your folks policy and you live with your folks and wreck your girlfriends car she wont have any coverage and neither will your folks policy.
plain and simple your girlfriend let an uninsured driver take poessession of her property and they wrecked it. the insurance could and likely will walk away from paying that claim, you can count on it.

example if you have an 8 year old son who takes your car for a joyride and wrecks it the policy covers that accident because the 8 year old lives with the parents.
if you drive someone elses car even with their permission such as your neighbor or girlfriend you arent covered unless you yourself have an insurance policy of your own or are listed as a driver on your parents policy and assigned to a car with full coverage. your deductibles then also apply.

if you live in your parents house and drive one of their cars and are not listed on the policy you still have coverage. but if the insurance company finds out you live there and arent on the policy you will automatically be added to the policy and charged additional premium for the risk for you as the additional driver.
at this point you have 2 choices, you can either be listed on the policy and excluded as a driver and the policy premium wont get increased because if you drive the cars on that policy they will not pay anything on a claim if you wreck the car because your listed as an excluded driver = no coverage for you.

or, you can be rated to one of the cars on the policy.
insurance companies get reports back from every state for every licensed driver in the drivers license database each month.
this report shows any and all individuals that hold a valid license 9suspended or not) and cross check thoes license numbers to addresses that are a duplicate. if they find a match you will be sent a letter in the mail giving you usually 15 days to notify the insurance company if said driver actually resides in the household or not. if you say they don't live there they will be listed and excluded, if they are living at that address they will be added or the policy will be cancelled.

here is the reason. suppose you are a habitual DUI offender and you have a drinking problem. obviously your a high risk. the insurance company has the right to charge a premium appropriate to the risk they insure. if your a high risk you must be listed and charged or excluded and not charged and the coverages that follow for either case are obvious.
they simply arent going to allow a high rish driver to be covered unless they are getting the appropriate premiums for the added risk. it would be far too easy to avoid paying your fair share of insurance.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Racer

Sex: Male
City: Portland, OR
Insurance Co: State Farm
Coverage: Full
Comp/Collision: $500 Ded
Amount per 6 months: $328.91
Comments: Multiline Discount w/ 2nd Car + House, Accident Fee Discount
Old 01-14-2006, 12:03 AM
2nd Gear

Male
Colorado Springs, CO
ANPAC(American National Property and Casualty Company)
250/500/100
$1000 ded.
$539/6 mon
2004 TSX MT

You guys need to listen to Bass Mechanic because he knows his stuff. I was drastically underinusred with Progressive(25/50/15) and paying $1195/6 months. I was underinsured and knew it. Bass Mechanice hooked me up and cut my premiums in half! My brother just went with his company in AZ and saved $800/6 month. I know inusrance and this company cannot be beat!

P.S. I'm receiving nothing for this. I'm just happy to have a great rep and a great company insuring me! I have referred friends and family and will continue to do so in the future. All you with big name companies who spend millions on advertising need to understand your policies and shop around because there are better deals out there!!!!

Thanks BM!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by billyc80
Male
Colorado Springs, CO
ANPAC(American National Property and Casualty Company)
250/500/100
$1000 ded.
$539/6 mon
2004 TSX MT

You guys need to listen to Bass Mechanic because he knows his stuff. I was drastically underinusred with Progressive(25/50/15) and paying $1195/6 months. I was underinsured and knew it. Bass Mechanice hooked me up and cut my premiums in half! My brother just went with his company in AZ and saved $800/6 month. I know inusrance and this company cannot be beat!

P.S. I'm receiving nothing for this. I'm just happy to have a great rep and a great company insuring me! I have referred friends and family and will continue to do so in the future. All you with big name companies who spend millions on advertising need to understand your policies and shop around because there are better deals out there!!!!

Thanks BM!!!

is there a brainwashing machine in colorado? if you know insurance, why did you have crappy insurance to begin with?
Old 01-14-2006, 01:54 AM
Burning Brakes

is there a brainwashing machine in colorado? if you know insurance, why did you have crappy insurance to begin with?
i think what he means is that he definitly knows insurance now. see, what i do for my clients is a lot more than just sell insurance. what i do is educate people so they have the facts and the knowledge to make a good decision based on thoes facts.

i also wrote his parents insurance and saved them similar money and they had similar coverages before hand.
ive learned that when you do whats right for your clients they will appreciate it enough that they often tell everyone they know. it makes this job a lot easier i can tell you that.

any how thanks billy for the kind words. ill have to buy you dinner for the referrals anyway.

also, did you turn 25 already? if so we need to get that 1 million dollar umbrella policy going. if your 25 years old now its only 14 bucks a month giving you 1,250,000 person and 1,500,000 per accident 1,100,000 property damage. call me when you get a chance.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Bass Mechanic
i think what he means is that he definitly knows insurance now. see, what i do for my clients is a lot more than just sell insurance. what i do is educate people so they have the facts and the knowledge to make a good decision based on thoes facts.

i also wrote his parents insurance and saved them similar money and they had similar coverages before hand.
ive learned that when you do whats right for your clients they will appreciate it enough that they often tell everyone they know. it makes this job a lot easier i can tell you that.

any how thanks billy for the kind words. ill have to buy you dinner for the referrals anyway.

also, did you turn 25 already? if so we need to get that 1 million dollar umbrella policy going. if your 25 years old now its only 14 bucks a month giving you 1,250,000 person and 1,500,000 per accident 1,100,000 property damage. call me when you get a chance.

hey bass, i believe that you're doing good. when i asked you about getting a quote for my girlfriend on the tsx, you just went on an insurance lecture, and offended me multiple times. i was just being sarcastic about the brainwashing.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Burning Brakes

hey bass, i believe that you're doing good. when i asked you about getting a quote for my girlfriend on the tsx, you just went on an insurance lecture, and offended me multiple times. i was just being sarcastic about the brainwashing.
sorry didnt mean to offend anyone, i am very outspoken on this board, the thing is that im not like that at all in person.
i think i am in a different stage in my life than most of the people on this site. i am not into modding my cars anymore because i have come to realise what a total waste of my money that would be.
i dont share the same viewpoints as a lot of people because i am a little older than most of you.
i more or less come in here to share knowledge give advise and learn new things about the TSX, i dont look for trouble in here but i always manage to find some or make some because as i said most the people on this board are at a different time in their life.
to clarify, i think whats important to them now, their viewpoint about things in life and their opinions about things like insurance are more consistant with people their own age.
i used to feel the same way as a lot of people here, but as we all get a little older we change. it just takes some people a little longer than most and some never change.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Burning Brakes

added to the last message
i think after i take delevery of my 06 in 2 weeks ill go ahead and keep it another 2-3 years and by then ill probably be in a position to buy an RL, not because i really need an RL but because i would like to step into a price range of car that is out of reach for most of the types of people on this site.
i want to drive somthing that i can enjoy and be proud of owning but be just beyond the price point that kids wont be able to rice it all out and make a toy out of it. i just wish people could enjoy a car for what it is ment for and try not to make a toy out of it just so everyone else will think its cool too.
i also think in an RL board ill meet a lot more sucessfull people my age that share common interests.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Still Lovin my 06

added to the last message
i think after i take delevery of my 06 in 2 weeks ill go ahead and keep it another 2-3 years and by then ill probably be in a position to buy an RL, not because i really need an RL but because i would like to step into a price range of car that is out of reach for most of the types of people on this site.
i want to drive somthing that i can enjoy and be proud of owning but be just beyond the price point that kids wont be able to rice it all out and make a toy out of it. i just wish people could enjoy a car for what it is ment for and try not to make a toy out of it just so everyone else will think its cool too.
i also think in an RL board ill meet a lot more sucessfull people my age that share common interests.

if you don't like the site so much, why do you come here? plenty of people can afford the RL. one poster spent $38,000 on his TSX, and he's near your age. plenty of posters older than you. is it in your nature to take stabs at people, because even in your last two posts you still had to jab. i could afford the RL, i just don't like the styling right now. it's an older man's car. and i don't mean 35 yr old....i mean like 50-60. oh, and the aspec kit on the RL....see many of those.

if you want to be so prestigious and out of reach...hop over to the lexus forum, you'll get along great with a lot of the posters i encountered.

maybe some people like to add onto the car to make it more unique, give it more power, and have more fun with it, because they like the car, the quality, and the value, but want more fun out of their car than you do.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Burning Brakes

if you don't like the site so much, why do you come here? plenty of people can afford the RL. one poster spent $38,000 on his TSX, and he's near your age. plenty of posters older than you. is it in your nature to take stabs at people, because even in your last two posts you still had to jab. i could afford the RL, i just don't like the styling right now. it's an older man's car. and i don't mean 35 yr old....i mean like 50-60. oh, and the aspec kit on the RL....see many of those.

if you want to be so prestigious and out of reach...hop over to the lexus forum, you'll get along great with a lot of the posters i encountered.

maybe some people like to add onto the car to make it more unique, give it more power, and have more fun with it, because they like the car, the quality, and the value, but want more fun out of their car than you do.
i never said i dint like the site, i just need to focuse on the typs of posts that are not stupid i guess.

i dont think you understand, like i have have aftermarket wheels but i can keep thoes for my next car, i dont consider it a mod exactly.
but what i mean is if your gonna mod your car then mod it, im all for power adders and proformance modifications. but there becomes a point that its not modding anymore its just plain stupid!
covering your reverse lights with red tape? WHY!!!! and why mention that as a mod. they are lights for gods sake and they serve a purpose, so you can see when backing up! or debadging, why would someone do that? when it comes for resale time i wouldnt buy a car without badges because its not supposed to look that way.
or video screens in the headrests for someone who doesnt have any kids? why does a person do this? so everyone else will think they are cool. all their friends will be jealous. big waste of money if you ask me.
i can understand modding your car but if you have an itch to put red tape over your backup lights because that bothers you so much i think you have too much time on your hands. i cant believe that some of these people are so bothered by somthing so insignificant that they would pay money and spend the time to mess with it. to the average person they would never know unless they looked really close.
it goes right along the lines with people putting different temperature HIDS so they will look more blue or purple. or someone who changes out all their lights for LEDS. especially in the tail lights and they dnt provide enough light to still be safe. or when people change out their turnsignal lights to another color, first of all its not legal in any state, its disracting and stupid.
whats worse is that since you cant see thoes lights while your driving its obviously done for the enterainment of other people on the road not the cars owner, they want to be different and they want everyone else to think they are special or attract attention to themselves. usually its because they are insecure and want to be noticed, not because they want to "MOD" their cars.

when people do that to their cars my car is also looked at like a teenager owns it. just like a civic or integra. i could never own one because they have adapted an image of the people that drive them. sooner or later the TSX which i had bought because i wanted an economy car with a little professional look for a good price. i could have got a TL but i didnt need that much room.
now the TSX is going to slowly but surely wind up being a kids car. fortunatly i havnt seen any in my area with a gay ass airplane wing on the back yet but as the value of the car drops it will eventually fall into that market of buyers.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
BOSTON TSX

Sex: M
City: Boston, MA
Insurance Co:
Deductible: $500
Coverage: Full
Amount per Year: $2800
Comments: Step 13, dropping down from step 15. no accidents, no traffic violations

________
05 tsx 5AT w/o navi
Old 01-14-2006, 12:11 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
I'm with bass mechanic. Go see the "college kids" thread in the photo gallery for proof.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Racer

ROFL trust me, until Acura doubles or triples production of TSX's every year, you wont ever see those kinda mods on a large scale because TSX's don't fly /w the "kids"
Yeah, I'm 17, and i know what types of cars people like. People /w less money want civics, lancers, and camrys. People with more money want G35's, Evos, 325i, and 350z's.
Most white people get these HUGE trucks some even at least the height of a 2 story building.
Seriously speaking though, unless the TSX's powerplant is upgraded to the point that the price cant be what it is now(which that upgrade will waste over TL's sales), or lower the price outta the TSX (which is impossible), I'd say it'll never be a "kids" car.
I am one of the two people who has a TSX in my school, and the other is a girl and doesn't mod her car over. People who have the cash to get these types of cars are probably racers, and know this much money is much better spent on a 325i, 330i, EVOs, and even IS350,250. TSX just has no leverage other than luxury, which most "kids" who knows cars dont want they want power which usually means RWD + I6 or I4+Turbo.
Personally I drive 20 miles to school every day (40 round trip), so I didn't opt for any of those options with a I6/V6 powerplant (Including the TL) because I wanted ride quality, and car quality (ahem BMW). Anyway, sorry for making this post long as hell haha.

Hey Bass Mechanic, I'm going to be taking classes to get an insurance license sometime soon as soon as I get confirmation that the class's costs will be covered by Farmers, do you have any tips or advice that helps? Like certain key points and stuff? Your experience in the class, easy? hard? I know im going to be getting a california one, so there might be a difference, but I'm gonna try to get most of the licenses (personal, commercial, health, maybe life).
Old 01-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Intermediate

Sex: F
City: Salt Lake City
Insurance Co: Geico
Deductible: $500.. i'm fairly sure
Coverage: Full... that's the same as comprehensive?
Amount per Year: (about $800/6 month)x2
Comments: speeding ticket still on record from about 2 years ago....

insurance is not my forte! ^_^
oh this is for my 06 tsx.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sccpu3d
ROFL trust me, until Acura doubles or triples production of TSX's every year, you wont ever see those kinda mods on a large scale because TSX's don't fly /w the "kids"
Yeah, I'm 17, and i know what types of cars people like. People /w less money want civics, lancers, and camrys. People with more money want G35's, Evos, 325i, and 350z's.
Most white people get these HUGE trucks some even at least the height of a 2 story building.
Seriously speaking though, unless the TSX's powerplant is upgraded to the point that the price cant be what it is now(which that upgrade will waste over TL's sales), or lower the price outta the TSX (which is impossible), I'd say it'll never be a "kids" car.
I am one of the two people who has a TSX in my school, and the other is a girl and doesn't mod her car over. People who have the cash to get these types of cars are probably racers, and know this much money is much better spent on a 325i, 330i, EVOs, and even IS350,250. TSX just has no leverage other than luxury, which most "kids" who knows cars dont want they want power which usually means RWD + I6 or I4+Turbo.
Personally I drive 20 miles to school every day (40 round trip), so I didn't opt for any of those options with a I6/V6 powerplant (Including the TL) because I wanted ride quality, and car quality (ahem BMW). Anyway, sorry for making this post long as hell haha.

Hey Bass Mechanic, I'm going to be taking classes to get an insurance license sometime soon as soon as I get confirmation that the class's costs will be covered by Farmers, do you have any tips or advice that helps? Like certain key points and stuff? Your experience in the class, easy? hard? I know im going to be getting a california one, so there might be a difference, but I'm gonna try to get most of the licenses (personal, commercial, health, maybe life).
yes i am not only honered but glad that you asked.
some of the best advise i wished i had listened to when i got started. i was told by everyone i knew already an agent in the business to run like hell from farmers. i went against their advise because it all sounded so great, well known company how could i go wrong.
well ill try not to be too wordy but here goes...

1. why go to a company who already insures about 1/3 of the market?, think about it if every 3rd person you talk to already has farmers how are you going to sell insurance to them? its hard enough to build an agency as it is. the hardest part is getting your clientel base built up. weather you market yourself online, with a realtor office or morttgage lender or any other advertising your wasting a lot of oppertunities with people who already have farmers or worse yet had a bad experience with them in the past and left and wont be comming back even if your a nice guy.

2. i dont know about your state as states vary but here farmers is easily the most expensive in the area. why would you sell insurance with a company who isnt competitive? what does farmers have to offer thats so different than the cmpetition that justifies the price difference? i am a top notch insurance agent myself and i could sell higher priced insurance over the competition but its an aquired skill your certainly not going to have starting out.

3. why would you want to get onboard with a company with the odds stacked against you (just take thoes last 2 examples above, but it gets better) if you dont make the reserve program (i quit after 6 weeks) you have to REPAY everything you were advanced. i believe last i checked it was a 1500 advancement. 6 months into the program you realise you cant sell enough of their insurance to stay on the reserve program and have to pay 1,500 back x 6 months = 9000 so now your jobless and have to come up with 9 Grand, not good!

4. why sell insurance for a company who sells just auto, home, life and recreational vehicles? what if your client has a motor home, a classic car or worse a viper or exotic car? what about a boat? what about disability insurance, business insurance, the list goes on and on. farmers doesnt insure these risks, they dont sell health insurance, they dont sell a lot of policies we sell. why send your client to another agent that sells these products and potentially your products as well? do you think that their other agent might also try to take your business away? i dont know about you but if i build a client relationship with my customer i dont need any other insurance agents hands in my cookie jar if you get my meaning! the idea of building an agency is to provide residule income. you cant retain residule income if 1/2 the business you write walks out the back door.

5. farmers insurance has less than a 7% odds of you being a success as a carrear. i dont know about you but i dont play the lotto and i certainly dont gamble the future of my business or my success on thoes odds. their program is designed to put all the initial risk on you as the new agent. if you dont have what it takes to make it in their program you will leave and owe everything you earned as well as surrender your commissions and book of business to another agent who has been with farmers for a long time.

all these things are a stark contrast to the company i sell for.

first of all i make a lot more commission as an agent than farmers pays. as a new agent i make 150.00 per policy, thats every car, home, renters , boat, motorcycle ect...
so lets say i write 1 family with 1 home, 2 cars and 1 umbrella policy thats 4 units and i get 600.00 for that sale
now figure the average agent writes 20 policies a month = 3000 a month ( i write average of 65 a month = you do the math! im embarrased to say how much that is!)
you also get bonuses you dont have to pay back i usually get a 2500 bonus each month. in 1 month im getting a 14,000 profit bonus and in 6 months im getting between 70,000 and 80,000 as a bonus for completing my 36 months with the company and having met certain requirements, keep in mind this is on top of the money i make each month.

now let me ask you somthing, i dont know if our company offers it in your state but what do you think happens to your ability to retain your clients when we refund them 25% of their money each year for being claim free? i just finished an appointment this morning who is getting 1,134 in refunds back each year starting their 3rd year anniversary if they are claim free.. they will continue to get a similar refund each year after that forever or untill they have a claim. do you think these people will ever change insurance companies? i think not!

there is a lot more to tell you than i can say here, but the simple answer is if you want my advise run like hell from farmers, getting a license costs less than 500 bucks in total probly more like 350 to be honest. it takes less than a week to complete if you want it fast and can provide you with an unlimited earning potential if you have the guts to do this business.
let me make one thing perfectly clear, building an insurance agency with ANY company will be the most difficult and daunting task you will ever face or could posibly imagine. ive seen way more fail at this busines than succeded. i wont discourage you at all but make no mistake, you can do this, but you need to be prepared for the fact you need every advantage and oppertunity available to you if you have any hopes to win at this business.
someone like myself would be a great mentor i can teach you how to do this business. but i will not waste my time with that unless your doing it for the company i represent.
farmsers wants you to thinkl they will hold your hand to help you along, it couldnt be farther from the truth. before you do anything send me a PM with your contact number and i would be happy to give you some good personal advise and get you hooked up with what is by far the best insurance company on the planet!
Old 01-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HondaGuy347
I'm with bass mechanic. Go see the "college kids" thread in the photo gallery for proof.
thanks for the support. yea i looked at that thread because you posted it, exactly my point. it seems the younger these guys are the more worried about how their cars look.
sad really its all because of society, everyone has to be so different just to fit in! why cant we just enjoy the TSX for the awsome machine and value that it is? i know because i have been on both sides of the coin. i used to mod my cars untill i realised nobody cares except me!
i found that when you get a new toy for the car its cool for about a week and then its no big deal anymore.
think about this for a minute, what if you lived in a town where there was only YOU nobody else, nobody at work, nobody on the roads, nobody at the movies, nobody at dinner.
you could still have a family because they wouldnt be impressed anyway.
but just imagine this for a second,... now would you mod your car? why would you do that if there wasnt anyone around to notice it? what would be the point? who would care?
my point is if you spend money modding your car your doing it to impress people because it makes you feel good about yourself, it makes you feel like your different or in some way better. perhaps it might even make you feel like you make more money than others do.
the fact is this is exactly why people mod cars, they want the reckognition and jealous eyes to be looking at them.
when people grow up and have kids, and mature a little you realise your doing all this to impress other people and that makes you feel good. i know because im a little older now and i can look back on my childhood and young adult hood. i can make a comparason to how i feel now at 35 verses 25. i find it strange that no matter how old i get i always realise what i thought was being mature and right just a fre years ago seems to be childish now. its all part of growing up. some take longer to do it than others. some never grow up.
for me, i dont need to impress people. i impress myself daily and in the grand scheme of things thats all that really matters.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Racer

Thanks for the advice, but I can't go with any other company other than Farmers also, i dont think California has ANPAC, well at least i havent heard that company yet. My mom is a longtime agent for Farmers /w a client base of over 1,000, and she doesn't want to leave the clients when she decides to quit the job and retire, etc., so transfer to me would be the easiest way to go. She finds the clientbase hard to manage because it is so huge, which is why I'm always there helping her out. I know the new agents are always dropping like flies as the agents under my mom usually quit within the first year, but my mom still returns their cases if they ever decide to come back or anything.
I wont really be starting on my own, but I'll be just keeping the work up on an agency, which already has started.
In California(dunno about other states), Farmers just started another company called Mid-Century Insurance company, which is quite a bit cheaper to compete with other insurance companies given that you have to accidents, tickets, etc (basically all around good driver)
Farmers does allow agents to sell health insurance through Health Net, and those types of companies as long as agents give loyalty to Farmers (ex. Farmers doesn't provide the insurance). The Farmers underwriters, though i find are usually @$$***** as they don't trust anything agents do, so that might be a limiting factor to new agents.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:40 PM
8th Gear

Hawaii Ins

Male
Old
Waipahu HI
AIG
$500 Collision/$500 ded
$583/6 mon...expect this to drop somewhat
2006 TSX
No accidents/tickets
Old 01-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Still Lovin my 06

thanks for the support. yea i looked at that thread because you posted it, exactly my point. it seems the younger these guys are the more worried about how their cars look.

my point is if you spend money modding your car your doing it to impress people because it makes you feel good about yourself, it makes you feel like your different or in some way better. perhaps it might even make you feel like you make more money than others do.
the fact is this is exactly why people mod cars, they want the reckognition and jealous eyes to be looking at them.
when people grow up and have kids, and mature a little you realise your doing all this to impress other people and that makes you feel good. i know because im a little older now and i can look back on my childhood and young adult hood. i can make a comparason to how i feel now at 35 verses 25. i find it strange that no matter how old i get i always realise what i thought was being mature and right just a fre years ago seems to be childish now. its all part of growing up. some take longer to do it than others. some never grow up.
for me, i dont need to impress people. i impress myself daily and in the grand scheme of things thats all that really matters.
funny thing is, most of the cars in that college thread don't have that many mods other than things like tint, spoiler kits, wheels, etc.

some people like to make their car look unique. some people's hobby is their car. what's wrong with that? everyone has a hobby. a lot of girls like expensive purses. i like computers and home entertainment systems. whatever floats your boat man. sounds like you are seriously disgruntled about something in your life.

if you're not so concerned with image and don't want to impress people....go buy a nice practical honda civic, or a nice toyota prius and help the environment. jesus....quit depressing me so much with yourr lectures on life.

you save people money on car insurance. that's very nice of you. but accept that fact that some people like to do things to their car, and add things to it. do some do it just for attention? of course. but some do it because they like to, so stick a sock in your mouth and go tell your dealer you don't want the tsx. go buy a nice used caprice classic. very good car.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Littering and.....

Male
Albany, NY
Allstate
$250 deductable comp and collision
coverage 100/300
Premier Plus discount
$486.90/ 6 months
Old 01-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by slobeatz
Male
Albany, NY
Allstate
$250 deductable comp and collision
coverage 100/300
Premier Plus discount
$486.90/ 6 months

that's pretty cheap. any idea how much you'd save if you went to 500 or 1000 deductable?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ackman
City: BLOOMFIELD, NJ
Insurance Co: AIG
Deductible: $500 BOTH COMP & COLLISION
Coverage: 100/300/50
Amount (per year): $3,400
Comments: renewal discount, 0 points, 0 accidents in past 5 yrs
WISH I CAN GET A BETTER RATE.
Dude,
do yourself and favor and call Geico.. unless there's something you're not telling here....
City: Fair Lawn, NJ
Insurance Co: AIG
Deductible: $500 BOTH COMP & COLLISION
Coverage: 50/100
Amount (per year): $1,200 w/ Geico
Comments: 4 points 4yrs ago in Ny and 2 points 6mo ago in NY, 0 accidents in past 5 yrs
Old 01-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Qoo
5th Gear

City: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Insurance Co: TD Meloche Monnex
Coverage: Preimum, 100 mil both parties
Options: Grand protection Package
Comments: memeber of ASET (some Tech union)
Pay 1280 Can a month (1104 US) a year
Can't Beat that.

History claim: Rear end Cop 6 years ago.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Polar Chicken

City: Phoenix
Insurance FarmersDeductible: $500
Coverage: 500k with 1million Umbrella
Amount (per year): $1080
Old 01-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Littering and.....

that's pretty cheap. any idea how much you'd save if you went to 500 or 1000 deductable?

Nope, after my car got keyed when I had metlife, I never want to have more than a 250 deductable. The reason it's so cheap is because I switched ins. companies after all of my points were no longer on insurance records (3 years, 3 months from last moving violation) I got the premier plus discount ($127) for no tickets in 3 years and no accidents in 5.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Nope, after my car got keyed when I had metlife, I never want to have more than a 250 deductable. The reason it's so cheap is because I switched ins. companies after all of my points were no longer on insurance records (3 years, 3 months from last moving violation) I got the premier plus discount ($127) for no tickets in 3 years and no accidents in 5.

yeah, but if you pay more every year for 250 deductable, you wouldn't be saving any money. if there is a big price different that is.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Intermediate

sex: Male
City: chicago
Insurance Co: STate farm
Deductible: $100
Coverage: 250-500K
Comments: excellent driving record, married, multi-line discounts (second car, home also insured)
Pay: $590.40/6months or $1180/year.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Littering and.....

I just talked to my buddy, who wrote my insurance and he said that I'd only save about $12.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Still Lovin my 06

I just talked to my buddy, who wrote my insurance and he said that I'd only save about $12.
cool thanks, i was just curious. often it's not worth it. in your case, definitely not. good deal man!
Old 02-14-2006, 12:17 PM
TSX

I just got my insurance bill today and I thought damn...$464 is a buttload for 6 months (full coverage 100/300/100) but after going through this thread, it's not so shabby...I forgot I even posted in this thread
Old 02-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Instructor

City: Brooklyn, NY
Insurance Co: Allstate
Deductible: $1,000
Coverage: Comprehensive Coverage $100K / $300K / $50K
Amount per year: $2,950
Comments: 2 pts, fighting others... Multiple Insurance discount, etching...
Old 06-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Cruisin'

just discovered this thread. wow you guys pay a LOT for insurance.

City: OK
Insurance Co: ANPAC
Coverage: Comprehensive Coverage $100K/$300K/$50K
Amount per year: $570 per year (yes that's right, for a full year)
Comments: 1 ticket 5 years ago. no accidents, defensive drivers education, all discounts in place.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:50 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

City: Reston, VA
Insurance Co: Unitrin Direct
Coverage: $250k/500k BI; $100k prop; $10k medical
Amount per year: $1950
Comments: Last violation will disappear from relevant history next policy period, dropping my premium to ~$1500 a year
Old 06-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
City: Cary, NC (suburb of Raleigh)
Insurance Co: Geico
Deductible: $500/$500
Coverage: Standard Comprehensive/Collision/Liability
Amount per year: $630 (for the 2006 TSX)
Comments: Good record for 5 years, Multi-car policy (I have a 2nd car)
Old 06-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
City: Gainesville, FL
Coverage: $100k/300k, 100k property
Amount per year: 1004
Comments: Completely clean record in my 7 years of driving. Also in grad school in a small(ish) city so those both help.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by scl23
I'm curious as to which companies give the best insurance rate for TSXs. I know age, driving history, coverage, and area are all factors but still would be interested. If you want to participate, pls post the info for:

Sex: M or F
City: Where you live
Insurance Co:
Deductible: $500-1000 is typical
Coverage: 50/100 - 100/300 is typical
Comments: if you have other policy discounts, accidents or points on your record, etc.
My Wife and I are both on our TSX insurance policy...

2005 Acura TSX
Ages: 28, 29
City: Atlanta, Georgia
Deduct: 500 comp/coll
Coverage: 100/300 with uninsure motorist 50/100
Premium: $58/month or $696/year - this rate includes multi policy discount (another car and homeowners)
Insurer: AllState

We used to have Statefarm and we were paying about $76.00/month.

ChimChim
Old 06-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Racer

I just had a quote from GEICO since I just moved into San Francisco. With my commute, they wanted to raise me from $2500/year to.... get this.... $8200/year. Switching to Progressive will get back to 2500/yr but my deductible goes up to 1000 instead of 500.
Coverage: 100/300/50
Premium: $2500/yr
Provider: GEICO
Location: South Bay San Francisco, CA (past), San Francisco Proper (current)
Old 06-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by scl23
I'm curious as to which companies give the best insurance rate for TSXs. I know age, driving history, coverage, and area are all factors but still would be interested. If you want to participate, pls post the info for:

Sex: M or F
City: Where you live
Insurance Co:
Deductible: $500-1000 is typical
Coverage: 50/100 - 100/300 is typical
Comments: if you have other policy discounts, accidents or points on your record, etc.
Sex: Female
City: Gulf Coast, Alabama
Deductible: $1000
Coverage: 50/100
Amount per year: $79 month--$948 a year
Comments: Good Student discount, no tickets, no wrecks, homeowner discount, multi-car
Old 06-09-2006, 02:28 PM
2nd Gear

City: Post Falls, Idaho
Insurance Co: Safeco
Deductible: $250/comp, 500/coll
Coverage: 500k combined single limit, loss of use and towing
Amount: $652.59/6 months or $1304/year
Comments: 2006 TSX - includes wife (40) and two teenage daughters on policy. Discounts - multi car discount, renewal discount, home owners discount and good student discount. 1 speeding ticket and one at fault accident in last 3 years.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:45 PM
DNIYM

City: LOS ANGELES
Insurance Co: ALLSTATE
Coverage: FULL ($1900 A YEAR)
Comments: ONE SPEEDING TICKET

Quick Reply: Insurance Premium - Member Comparison