Installation: Neo-iOn For 04 TSX w/Navi

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:22 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installation: Neo-iOn For 04 TSX w/Navi

I have an 2004 Acura TSX w/Navi, and I want to install an Aux hookup into my car. I've done research about what will work the best (and cheapest) and this is what I have come up with:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon03fmm.html
(since I have navi)

http://www.neocaraudio.com/cars/2004_ACURA_TSX/AHD3V9
(you can control it from the steering wheel)

I haven't even touched the electronics of a car besides the radio. :blindfold I've looked on many reviews online to help with the installation, but I do have a few questions for those who have installed an ipod/aux hookup, or know about it.

- Is it easy to trigger the airbags when you are plugging in the aux hookup in the console?
- Where do you put the wire for the hookup after it is plugged in

Any thoughts are appreciated
Old 12-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That NEO adapter looks nice. I have the USASpec for iPod/Aux and a seperate Motorola for bluetooth. Connection for mine was easy - the hardest part is pulling out the center tray the first couple of times because it's really tight and hard to pop out - that and fitting all the different boxes in that area.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I have a similar unit (Isimple) on a 2005 non-navi. The installation is pretty easy.

"fast1" is correct, removing the storage bin in the center console is a bit tricky, just pull on it evenly using both sides of the compartment - don't pull on the cover. After the bin is out, it is still attached to the car by a wire/lamp - you can disconnect the lamp and then the bin can be set aside.

The connector that most interfaces use is hard to see - it is in the top of the opening - squeeze the locks on the connector and pull it out. Plug your interface into the connector and re-connect the unplugged connector into the interface. You can practice with the male and female connectors on your interface.

The free area for storing the interface box are limited. At one point, I put the interface in the left side inside the console (near the driver's knee). I had some suspected problems with intermittent connections so I later moved it to against the air ducting in the center rear - it would be setting just behind the storage compartment. I used a bit of hot-melt glue to put it into place. This may not work if your interface box is too thick but I found my Isimple would just fit perfectly.

I routed the cables (aux or Ipod) into the storage compartment. I had to drill a hole in the rear of the compartment. But the cables sit neatly coiled up in the compartment. I use an iPod and often set it in the compartment. The door to the compartment can be closed to hide the music player for security.

(I wouldn't worry about setting off the airbag - especially if the car is turned off during your installation. All of your work will not be near any airbag or circuitry controlling the airbag).

Last edited by darowa; 12-17-2011 at 12:30 PM.