Inspired TSX owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inspired TSX owners

I have been busy trying to decide exactly what my next car will be for the last 6 months or so. I've been browsing this forum along with others (TL, BMW, G35) and the big thing that I notice here is how passionate you guys are about the TSX.

I currently drive a 98 V6 Accord. I've been very happy with this car, yet it does nothing to inspire me. It seems that the TSX owners here are as passionate about their car as the 3 series guys are minus the famous BMW attitude.

I am still considering a 325i but along with the expense, one of the big things that turns me off is the propeller. My co-workers will be wondering how I can afford the car. My boss will say to himself ("he obviously makes enough money already and doesn't need a raise") "Flying under the radar" has many advantages from my viewpoint.

Reading the posts here, the TSX seems to provide the inspiration for most folks without the expense or worries of the Blue and White badge.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
It's all individual perception I think, in regards to brand recognition. People who aren't that into cars won't notice as much, those who are will recognize the BMW or whatever brand you do get. Heck, just getting a new car will likely draw some attention.

But yes I agree, there is much less of that BMW attitude around here. We know we have great cars, and we're passionate about them.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I actually was gonna wait for the 325i before the TSX> BUt i couldn't stand the long 8 months wait and went ahead and got the TSX. After seeing the 3 series in person and being in it, i have no regrets of getting the TSX over the 3
Old 04-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Pro

i do not own a TSX but frequent this forum daily because i loooooooooooove the car.
Eventually i will buy a car, and until another car can be as seksy as a TSX in every single way, i will remain passionate about the TSX!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

We did sample the competition, and for our desires the BMW just didn't compare. Not even including the purchase price, I had fears of reliability issues. The Acura was an absolute no-brainer in that regard. It was just a matter of my wife deciding if she liked it.

Now, the Audi is another matter. I fell in love with the A3. No regrets, though. The TSX is bigger, cost less, and we expect far fewer maintenance and repair costs.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:51 PM
TSX Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't go wrong with the TSX.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Have camera, will travel

I'm not going to lie, I love Bimmers, and wouldn't mind owning an E90 or other BMW someday. But I will say this: I love my TSX more now than I did when I bought it 2+ years ago. It really is a terrific vehicle. I look forward to driving it whenever I can.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Even my mom is "inspired." She half jokingly asked to take my car on her road trip this weekend.

The answer was...heh...NO!!

What was she thinking?

Since the weather was nice today, we decided to go out for ice cream after dinner tonight...guess what car they wanted to take....
Old 04-13-2006, 09:46 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ you're such a tease.

the TSX is NOT that hot....
Old 04-13-2006, 10:39 PM
TSXmeister

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMWs no doubt are some the nicest driving automobile around also they are the "ultimate driving machine" as they say. I had driven them back (a lot of autobahn driving) when I was stationed in Germany. I looked into it before ultimately going for the TSX. The thing that turned me off on the BMW is the styling it looks ugly IMO and plus I've seen more of them on the road, quite common now. I went with the TSX because it has a lot more to offer and I like the sexy exterior styling. Additionally luv the gadgets (Navi, voice command) on the TSX just can't beat the price compare to other cars in its class!!

BTW check out the reviews in MSN auto on the Lexus IS.....most common complaint I've seen is the plasticky interior, noise, crackle, creaks etc...

Go with the TSX!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:55 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

I liked the last-gen 3 series much better than the new one. But no other car -- even the A4, which was a pretty close second when I was shopping -- has been able to plaster a grin on my face like the TSX does. It's such a great combination of quiet luxury cruiser and sporty weekend car. I grin every time I glide seamlessly (with the assistance of upgraded tires, which you should get IMMEDIATELY after buying the car) over a bump or expansion joint that used to give me a kick in the ass. I grin every time I floor it at a light and hit redline in three gears before slowing down to stay out of federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison. I grin every time I see the arrow-sharp styling (even on other people's TSXs but especially on my dead-sexy RBP).

Go with a TSX; you won't regret it.