impression after my 1000 miles trip in TSX(LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
impression after my 1000 miles trip in TSX(LONG)

so, i decided to drive to Toronto to see my girlfriend from Chicago instead of flying cuz i simply WANT to drive. and this is how i feel about the car...
first off the seat
i really like this seat a lot it has a very supportive side bolsters and i hardly had to stop to stretch. the only downside is that i'd wish that the lumber support could be a little bit lower or even better a four way adjustable!!! but it's not gonna happen in a thirty grand car. i LOVE the bun warmers since it comes up to almost at the middle of my back. if it activates a little bit faster would be good. i have also found a flaw on my car that it tends to move a little in hard connering or hard breaking. (well, i'm gonna get it fixed this wednesday anyway)
engine.
i have nothing to complaint at all. it has decent power for a car in its class. i tried to find to maximum speed of TSX but i only manage to get 130mph with 1k left on 6th gear. although i could ask for more power, maybe 15 more with 25 lb-ft of torque. it's not just me that is asking for more power but the car's chassis just beggin for more!!! i found that over taking on 6th from 65mph to 80mph requires some downshifting(when the semi just decide to swith lane)but if you're not in a hurry just stomp on the gas on 6th is fine.
suspension/chassis
MAN! this car is made for twisty road!!! i'm just happy with the way this car behaves. understeer is almost nonexistent. steering input is very direct. i prefer the handling on TSX more than on RSX(i came from a 5a/t RSX). the car copes well with potholes and bumpy road. However i feel like that i could use a stiffer suspension because i notice too much body roll during connering.
brakes
somewhat satisfied. i LOVE the pedal feel on this car!!! it felt like BMW except that i could ask for better pads because it didn't stop that well. i just want the car to stop a bit shorter. Also i found that when pressed the brake pedal on a bumpy road it creates a vibration on the pedal and ABS noise. however i believe that this happens to all FWD cars since it happens on my RSX, too. OR am i wrong???
road noise
for this price range kinda car i'm very happy with it. although tire noise is a tad too loud for my taste.
A/C control
i can only ask for a e/c button(to use air from outside instead of a/c) it was kinda hassle to go through the manual settings. i also feel like the a/c from our car is too dry.
navigation system
man i'm glad that i got nav on my car. i didn't bring maps on this trip at all. i reckoned that someone on this board asked about rest area. you can find it by to to places -> travel -> rest area.
the navi tends to calculate the time of arrival with the safest (lowest) speed possible. the car said it'll take me 10 hours but i managed to reach my destination in 7 and a half hours.

also i managed to achieve 29.6 Ampg and i squeezed out 500 miles out of one tank.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bun warmers? That's a great idea! Are the seats heating pads warm really enough to keep vittles warm? I'll try it the next time I pick up some Chinese take-away. Unfortunately, the seat isn't contoured well to keep a large pizza warm.

I've had mostly FWD cars, and the only ones with brakes that vibrate in a hard braking are the ones with ABS. I wonder if your RSX has other brake problems??