impressed

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 01:37 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up impressed

I just took delivery of my ss/e auto tsx w/nav. Its really exceded my expectations so far. I love it! It is missing a couple things however, like -- memory seats. But the first 12 hours of my ownership have been great ! I Sure hope the mpg gets better with break in !!

Shawn
Old 09-04-2003, 01:46 AM
Racer

Re: impressed

Originally posted by Shawnster
I just took delivery of my ss/e auto tsx w/nav. Its really exceded my expectations so far. I love it! It is missing a couple things however, like -- memory seats. But the first 12 hours of my ownership have been great ! I Sure hope the mpg gets better with break in !!

Shawn
after your car is "broken-in" you will be using second gear with SS a whole lot
Old 09-04-2003, 02:32 AM
More On

Re: Re: impressed

Originally posted by Shawnster
I just took delivery of my ss/e auto tsx w/nav. Its really exceded my expectations so far. I love it! It is missing a couple things however, like -- memory seats. But the first 12 hours of my ownership have been great !.....
I guess you're coming from higher "luxury" -- and you've got lots of company on here. I traded in an almost-new TL-S for the TSX. Correction -- I couldn't wait to trade in the TL-S for it, and I even had to pay out extra. No problem. I'll take the TSX, they can keep the memory seats.

But what really catches my eye about your post is two totally other things:

(1) The MINI! I think you might be the first person on here who's had a Mini. A few of us have been fascinated by it, and a couple of people have given bits of driving or riding impressions. But we haven't had any real expert.

When we had a thread where we were supposed to say what was the best-looking car (actually they said "sports sedan," but I cheated), I said, #1, Mini Cooper; #2, TSX ("close second"). Nobody touched that with a ten-foot pole.

I think a lot of us would love to know what you could say about the car -- not only driving impressions, but what kind of deal you got! Around here, people are KILLING for it -- I think they're paying well over MSRP. Some people on here might make fun of whatever you say, but don't mind them.

(2) That COLOR stuff! I mean, gimme a break -- "Indigo"? "Green"?
What other colors can we do on here? How about chartreuse? Mary Kay Pink? I think I'm gonna experiment......
Old 09-04-2003, 02:34 AM
More On

chartreuse

Holy shit -- Chartreuse actually works!

Let's see what else.....
Old 09-04-2003, 02:35 AM
More On

Mary Kay Pink

Nah. Maybe I'll try one more.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:37 AM
More On

Sepia!

OK, that's enough.

Hey, that's not "sepia"!!
Old 09-04-2003, 05:20 AM
Inspired

I like the Mini overall and I would have bought one except for the fact that the controls and displays are just not to my taste. The speedometer is in the MIDDLE of the car

It was a fun car to drive though, reminded me of a CRX or a go-kart, it was all point and shoot, the car went where you wanted it to, most other cars feel like a boat in comparison.

Oh well, too bad about the crazy instrumentation, I guess I'll have to send another letter to Honda begging for a new CRX
Old 09-09-2003, 09:37 PM
10th Gear

Cool Re: impressed

I am still loving the TSX, as for the MINI its actually not here yet, due to arrive the end of this month... on its way across the pond. If you get NAV on the MINI it moves the speedo from the center of the dash to the steering colum next to the tach, I agree I could not live with it in the middle like that. The TSX is GREAT so far! I am surviving without the memory seat just fine. Can't wait to break this baby in, about 500 miles to go. MPG is getting better too, was worried a bit at first.

Shawn

Love the colors

[QUOTE]Originally posted by larchmont
I guess you're coming from higher "luxury" -- and you've got lots of company on here. I traded in an almost-new TL-S for the TSX. Correction -- I couldn't wait to trade in the TL-S for it, and I even had to pay out extra. No problem. I'll take the TSX, they can keep the memory seats.

But what really catches my eye about your post is two totally other things:

(1) The MINI! I think you might be the first person on here who's had a Mini. A few of us have been fascinated by it, and a couple of people have given bits of driving or riding impressions. But we haven't had any real expert.

When we had a thread where we were supposed to say what was the best-looking car (actually they said "sports sedan," but I cheated), I said, #1, Mini Cooper; #2, TSX ("close second"). Nobody touched that with a ten-foot pole.

I think a lot of us would love to know what you could say about the car -- not only driving impressions, but what kind of deal you got! Around here, people are KILLING for it -- I think they're paying well over MSRP. Some people on here might make fun of whatever you say, but don't mind them.

(2) That COLOR stuff! I mean, gimme a break -- "Indigo"? "Green"?
What other colors can we do on here? How about chartreuse? Mary Kay Pink? I think I'm gonna experiment......
[/QUOTE
Old 09-09-2003, 11:28 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm one of those whose is smitten with the Mini. I had better not test drive one, but hey, I have a few months to go yet until my TSX is scheduled to arrive.

One concern--that's still an unknown factor for the Mini--is its reliability. I associate reliability with quality, and BMW's track record on reliability is mediocre or spotty at best.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:33 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've always thought the mini was a really cool car, and would be a blast to drive...but i never really seriously considered buying one untill i watch the movie "The Italian Job". I came out of that movie ready to buy one.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:53 PM
Bound for Europe

My boss has a Cooper S and it's a blast to drive. I was considering one but for me, the interior, although cool, wouldn't stand the test of time as far as that coolness is concerned. He's had no problems in a year of hard driving
(He actually let his girlfriend drive it for the first 3 months. The poor car got broken in alright! I don't think she ever got it out of second. It was sad to witness:'( )