Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That will be smarter
Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LiLS
thanks for all the info bro, ima take this all into consideration. im also gonna try to find out what the exact price would be, and its not really "scene" but its more of my friends, and yeah ive drivin RHD cars before...

but the car is gone, RIP

drunk driver smashed into it on the 18th
jeez hopefully ur friend is alright let alone lucky to be alive. thats a lot of metal that hit his little civic
Old 07-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kdUbz
jeez hopefully ur friend is alright let alone lucky to be alive. thats a lot of metal that hit his little civic
he jsut got out of hospital, bruised ribs, mild concussion...suprisinglyy...the recaros and rhd saved him lolll...crazy huh...the left side was crushed in, you cant see it but it looks worse in person, and the recaros held him pretty snugg...
every1 was comin home from a laate night car meet, and a drunkie crossed 3 lanes and smashed head onto him and his car was so slammed that she drove over his hood and flipped over..
Old 07-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Racer

he jsut got out of hospital, bruised ribs, mild concussion...suprisinglyy...the recaros and rhd saved him lolll...crazy huh...the left side was crushed in, you cant see it but it looks worse in person, and the recaros held him pretty snugg...
every1 was comin home from a laate night car meet, and a drunkie crossed 3 lanes and smashed head onto him and his car was so slammed that she drove over his hood and flipped over..
I would have kicked her ass. I hate drunk drivers. Why drive if your intoxicated. Call a cab
Old 07-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Instructor

the drunk driver saw a RHD vehicle and vowed to end its driveability in this country =]

J/k

That sucks hardcore. If the import fees all said and done arent crazy expensive then thats great for you. Would be neat, but if i were you, i'd sit down and put a maximum dollar amount on the project and make sure you don't go over it.

Good luck.

EDIT: how hard is it to get a vehicle like that insured? I mean you can't exactly order parts easily. I'd guess most insurances would cause you alot of problems or just fail to cover it. I wonder.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ThirdLane
I would have kicked her ass. I hate drunk drivers. Why drive if your intoxicated. Call a cab
yeah exactly, all she had was a bloody nose...hes gonna sue the crap out of her

and hes importing another rhd but this time a ek9, hes the reason this accord type r plan popped in my head...

sorry dont mean to go off topic here
Old 07-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MeHoo
the drunk driver saw a RHD vehicle and vowed to end its driveability in this country =]

J/k

That sucks hardcore. If the import fees all said and done arent crazy expensive then thats great for you. Would be neat, but if i were you, i'd sit down and put a maximum dollar amount on the project and make sure you don't go over it.

Good luck.

EDIT: how hard is it to get a vehicle like that insured? I mean you can't exactly order parts easily. I'd guess most insurances would cause you alot of problems or just fail to cover it. I wonder.
yeahh we are currently waiting on a email to see what the fees and shippin would be, the guy siad he'd hook us up on the best deal he could do cuase hes alrdy imported in 4 cars for us.
i want it pretty badly but if it goes over budget, ill go to my original plan of just purchasing a tsx, i forgot all about this forum and decided to post up and see if anyone know anything bout this.

its easy to get insured once u register it. Registering the car is the single hardest thing.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Instructor

well then if u can get it cheap i'd definitely recommend looking into it.. i was just saying a civic isnt exactly the same price as a TSX so it might be higher.

i'd imagine the quote i got was higher because its from australia, and a brand new car worth alot of money.

Anyways, let us know what happens.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 07-21-2008, 11:30 PM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by minkl81
+1
Old 07-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lots of good information here to deter you from your dream: http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...ingyourcar.htm

oh yeah and i forgot you have to make the car pass inspections for EPA, etc.. thats fun.. so de-tune the motor and make sure thee xhaust is up to par lol..
That's still easier than getting a car into Australia. If I tried to import a TSX into Australia, the first answer I'd get is.......... "NO".

Even I manage to get past that first hurdle by living in the US and owning the TSX for at least 1 year and driving it around, then I come to the 2nd hurdle where it needs to be RHD converted. LOL
Old 07-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Racer

whatever drugs you or your parents are selling, i want in. cuz at 19, i was taking the city bus. my first car was an early 90's used suzuki sidekick. i was happy that it ran, had a/c, and it took me to school and back safely. i'm my own man now and i bought the tsx cuz i could afford it. when you start thinking 25k is chump change to throw around on a hobby, i hope for your sake, you learn the real value of money and hard work... there are LOTS of people who don't even make that in a year of working their arses off...
Old 07-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,753 Likes on 2,536 Posts
i am almost at the step of getting a front clip soon for a RHD conversion but then again everyone here already has seen proof that my sanity doesn't exist.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 PM
JDM Addict

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
i am almost at the step of getting a front clip soon for a RHD conversion but then again everyone here already has seen proof that my sanity doesn't exist.
exactly.

like:

let's supecharge this AT K24 just so I can rip it out next month for a K20 and a
RHD conversion.....

CCC is like a money tree of TSX modding insanity.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by MMsTSX
exactly.

like:

let's supecharge this AT K24 just so I can rip it out next month for a K20 and a
RHD conversion.....

CCC is like a money tree of TSX modding insanity.
well not a month later. probably will be about 2 years and in the mean time I wanted some power to hold me over till the price of a front clip came down and I could save the cost of the labor to do it as well. When time comes I will be able to sell the supercharger for about 2/3 what I paid for it so not all will be lost.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 808havok_tsx
whatever drugs you or your parents are selling, i want in. cuz at 19, i was taking the city bus. my first car was an early 90's used suzuki sidekick. i was happy that it ran, had a/c, and it took me to school and back safely. i'm my own man now and i bought the tsx cuz i could afford it. when you start thinking 25k is chump change to throw around on a hobby, i hope for your sake, you learn the real value of money and hard work... there are LOTS of people who don't even make that in a year of working their arses off...
i actually paid for everything on my current car and the car itself...
and the next car which will be a TSX im payin for it myself also and mods will be paid by me.
I do thank my parents though for putting a roof over my head and helpin me out with school when needed.

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
well not a month later. probably will be about 2 years and in the mean time I wanted some power to hold me over till the price of a front clip came down and I could save the cost of the labor to do it as well. When time comes I will be able to sell the supercharger for about 2/3 what I paid for it so not all will be lost.
how much are they running for right now?
all the labor would be done by me and my friends so jsut the cost of the clip itself is the majority of the cost.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:18 PM
6th Gear

you sound ridiculous. just because others dont even make that in a year doesn't mean individuals should feel "guilty or bad" for spending money like that.. hell, i'd rather spend money on myself than to "spread the wealth" on assholes i dont even know..

Old 07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by iSPANK
you sound ridiculous. just because others dont even make that in a year doesn't mean individuals should feel "guilty or bad" for spending money like that.. hell, i'd rather spend money on myself than to "spread the wealth" on assholes i dont even know..

are all 18-19 y.o. kids these days this stupid? what ever happened to reading comprehension? geez. nowhere in my post did i say he should feel "guilty or bad". i'm saying that with stupid shows like "my sweet 16" and whatnot, there are LOTS of KIDS who do NOT understand the value of money. as if 25K is chump change. LiLS said he paid for his previous car on his own - more power to him. if you can afford it and have the ability to spend that much money, not much i can say against it. there are, however, LOTS of KIDS who expect their mommy and daddy to pay for everything, do not understand the value of money and expect the world to be at their beck and call ignoring the fact that there are MILLIONS of people who are underprivileged. the sense of self-entitlement kids these days have is absurd.

to think that kids like you will be in the workforce in the near future frightens me...
Old 07-24-2008, 11:22 PM
East Coast Crew

are all 18-19 y.o. kids these days this stupid? what ever happened to reading comprehension? geez. nowhere in my post did i say he should feel "guilty or bad". i'm saying that with stupid shows like "my sweet 16" and whatnot, there are LOTS of KIDS who do NOT understand the value of money. as if 25K is chump change. LiLS said he paid for his previous car on his own - more power to him. if you can afford it and have the ability to spend that much money, not much i can say against it. there are, however, LOTS of KIDS who expect their mommy and daddy to pay for everything, do not understand the value of money and expect the world to be at their beck and call ignoring the fact that there are MILLIONS of people who are underprivileged. the sense of self-entitlement kids these days have is absurd.

to think that kids like you will be in the workforce in the near future frightens me...
I think I know who you're talking about and I agree with you completely. Kids that ask mommy and daddy for money like that should be ashamed of themselves. So what if your car looks good? I would still hate on you because you didn't make that money.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:35 PM
hmm...

RHD CL7R

Its not as expensive as you make it to be, if i could find a front clip...i have access to a bodyshop and i dont mind doin my own work...

the chepeast tsx ive been able to find was 16k with 80k miles lol

eh ur right, me and my friends have no sense at all, i mean hes the one that dumped 10k on a hatchback loll
and ive dumped a buttload doin this vip thing...

when u mod a car ur not gonna get anything back for it, so it doesnt bother me, its an expensive hobby!

thanks but yeah my friends run into alot of problems as well with their hatches

and im not gonna do that bro lol

Sooo let me understand this...you're wanting to get into the "JDM Scene" yet you're dogging an EK9? I think you're just wanting to be like your friends and be RHD, which copy-cating would not be unique. I could be wrong, and I understand the desire to be unique (hence my buying a YA3 Acura CL), but stop with all this scene and fanboy stuff. Yes, you could go out and spend 40-50k and get a semi-Accord Euro-R (after all it would still be a conversion wouldn't it?)...but with 50k, you get get a 20k car and mod the hell out of it. It seems like the entire reason you want one of these is for the RHD, badging, and mediocre Recaros...all of which you can just get aftermarket for cheaper. If you ask me, settle down your ego and get something that is mildly affordable and not what is the current scene. And BTW, if you really want a K20 and really want to be unique, then swap it into something that's never had one.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aqua1stgen
Sooo let me understand this...you're wanting to get into the "JDM Scene" yet you're dogging an EK9? I think you're just wanting to be like your friends and be RHD, which copy-cating would not be unique. I could be wrong, and I understand the desire to be unique (hence my buying a YA3 Acura CL), but stop with all this scene and fanboy stuff. Yes, you could go out and spend 40-50k and get a semi-Accord Euro-R (after all it would still be a conversion wouldn't it?)...but with 50k, you get get a 20k car and mod the hell out of it. It seems like the entire reason you want one of these is for the RHD, badging, and mediocre Recaros...all of which you can just get aftermarket for cheaper. If you ask me, settle down your ego and get something that is mildly affordable and not what is the current scene. And BTW, if you really want a K20 and really want to be unique, then swap it into something that's never had one.
dude can people not read on this site? i wasnt dogging an ek9, i said my friend was gettin one. its not jsut bout getting into the jdm scene, i jsut want a different car/change. who said i was gonna spend 40-50k...and what ego are you talking about?

wow, people on this site need to learn how to read
Old 07-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Instructor

This site has the tendency to produce negativity on an enourmous scale. Get used to it i guess =[

The only way to shut everyone up is to do it.

Like i said, a wiser move would be to invest that money into your future, but what do i know?

If i were you, i'd do a RHD conversion on an 04 TSX and supercharge it with a hondata reflash. Sometimes i think that i'd trade my 07 for someone's 04 just for that option.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
if lils has his own money and unique dream, no matter how incomprehensible, let him run with it. good luck on making this project see the light of day. this forum, while opinions and comments are welcome, is meant to aid in the spread of information. so, LiLs keep us posted on your progress and/or findings. even if you choose not to go ahead with it
Old 07-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Poser / Fanboi

Sell your GS, use the money to move to Japan, buy yourself a RHD Euro Accord, drive it for a couple of years, get sick of it, move back.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:41 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
This site has the tendency to produce negativity on an enourmous scale. Get used to it i guess =[

Like i said, a wiser move would be to invest that money into your future, but what do i know?

If i were you, i'd do a RHD conversion on an 04 TSX and supercharge it with a hondata reflash. Sometimes i think that i'd trade my 07 for someone's 04 just for that option.
until you do, let's stop this meaningless talk.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
you mentioned you have friends that have imported rhd rides in the past. have you contacted their links to see if the overseas distributors have euro-r's for sale to ship?

i'd just use the same process your friends went through for their rides.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Instructor

kill this thread...pleez........vomit rising in my throat

at this point who gives a flying fuk, buy the pos, blow your 25k, waste your life building a dorko ride with zero resale value, and be done with it...

sounds like daddy and mommy will bail you out if it goes south......must be a very comfortable basement you live in.

Sadly, my future retirement is dependant on mentality as yours....only in America....
Old 07-28-2008, 08:18 AM

why the heck would you do that. if you were going to spend the money to do RHD why the heck would you keep the tsx motor and not switch over to the euro r k20 with so many more options for ecu's and engine mods and have a higher redline.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:37 PM
KidWiTh2kTL

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
damn he sounds like he has infinite money with rich buddies who drives r33. lol but i like how you had the idea. fresh. but honestly. there's no jdm scene for the tsx. lol more like luxury look while being sporty . lol jdm scene sounds like civic's/integras. but if you do it. show some pics!! importing cars, man get an m3 and you'll get all the power or 335i. same price without the pain in the ass. lol =) good luck bro. if you don't want to run into a shit load of problems like your friends do with ek's and eg's. dont do it. luxury is the way to go.=) i wish i had 25g to spend on any car. definately would invest in the IS-F when it comes out.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:37 PM
STi'd

Just go ahead and do it to shut everyone up. Who needs to save for retirement when you're Richie Rich right??

We're all dealt a hand in this world, some better than others and we just have to play with whatever we've got. However, if you still live with your parents and pimp a nice car that's pretty damn lame.