View Poll Results: Would you have bought a TSX if it was a Honda instead of an Acura
Yes
68.58%
No
25.22%
I don't own a TSX
6.19%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

If the TSX had a Honda badge instead of an Acura badge, would you have bought one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by waTSX
Speak for yourself, dude. You're making an awful lot of assumptions about people you don't know.
Okay, for the last time since all you people keep getting your panties in a twist:

1.) It might not matter to YOU. I wasn't talking about YOU.

2.) It DOES matter to the majority of the buying public, to whom the industry is catered.

Therefore, brand names and badges DO MATTER TO THE MANUFACTURERS, which is why we have all of the luxury brands in the first place. The industry is not based on #1. It's based on #2. "Give the people what they want."
Old 12-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Have camera, will travel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beoshingus
Okay, for the last time since all you people keep getting your panties in a twist:

1.) It might not matter to YOU. I wasn't talking about YOU.

2.) It DOES matter to the majority of the buying public, to whom the industry is catered.

Therefore, brand names and badges DO MATTER TO THE MANUFACTURERS, which is why we have all of the luxury brands in the first place. The industry is not based on #1. It's based on #2. "Give the people what they want."
No panty twisting here, pal. When you make sweeping generalizations you are saying it's me. I'm only stating my position.

As for #2 and the rest of your post, I agree. Nothing profound there. 'Nuff said. I'm gonna go drive my car.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Racer

Okay, how did you know I wear panties?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by feliz
Old 12-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by waTSX
No panty twisting here, pal. When you make sweeping generalizations you are saying it's me. I'm only stating my position.

As for #2 and the rest of your post, I agree. Nothing profound there. 'Nuff said. I'm gonna go drive my car.
If you keep taking broad generalizations personally, you're going to have a difficult life. And yes, the preceding sentence WAS directed at you.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Overlord

By the way, waTSX - I have a cousin who used to live in Federal Way. Nice little town. His house backed up to the Sound. Pretty area.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by feliz
Nice way to break the tension in a heated

Old 12-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Cruisin'

Seems kind of foolish to me to not buy the TSX just because it had the H badge... that's like saying you'd snub an NSX if it was sold as it should...as a Honda.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:15 PM
First US '06 TSX on board

We sold my wife's 3rd accord to get the TSX. If the TSX was the USA Accord, we would have gotten it just the same.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Actually, in the places where the TSX is actually badged as an Accord, it is more expensive. A comparably equipped Accord in Europe is about $40,000USD.
that is because their import fee is higher....not because it is more expensive when TSX is badge as Accord
Old 12-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
If this JDM Accord was also the USDM Accord I would've bought it coming from a 6th gen Accord sedan. It would've cost about only $19-20K, probably $22K with the Navi and stuff. But, if there never was a Acura TSX, I would've bought a G35 sedan or a non-navi 3rd gen TL.
why would it only cost 19-22K?

you can only buy base RSX or V4 Accord with that price.....=_=|||
i think you are underestimate the market

I think TSX's price is about right....but it's not a bargain
Accord V6 is a bargain.....

if TSX actually downgrade to H sign...I'd guess it would probably cost the same as Accord V6
Old 12-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by kyotousa
why would it only cost 19-22K?

you can only buy base RSX or V4 Accord with that price.....=_=|||
i think you are underestimate the market

I think TSX's price is about right....but it's not a bargain
Accord V6 is a bargain.....

if TSX actually downgrade to H sign...I'd guess it would probably cost the same as Accord V6
It already does pretty much cost the same as Accord EX V6. I actually got my TSX for less than a loaded out Accord V6.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ianS
I vote yes, because I love to drive this car and I am not driving the badge. Actually, I wish it come with the euroR grill!

BTW, how about Lexus IS300 or Toyota Altezza RS200? MB B350 or Chysler Pacifica?
Sony Bravia LCD TV or Samsung LCD TV?
I don' thtink there's Toyota Altezza anymore rite? since Lexus is now available in Japan XD.......(obviously alot of people like the Lexus name brand)

I think you should ask MB people if they would like to purchase Chrisler XD

it's like eagle Talon vs Eclipse.....i'd bet lot more people like Eclipse more....

as for TV....i'd go for Samsung.....but that really doesn't mean much

----------------------------------
not saying name mean anything.....it's just what society believe as in class stand point.

You think Honda, Toyota, Nissan would create another name brand for no reason?

if you don't care good for you....you saved lotta money
I guess you won't care for desinger cloths or bags either......so yay for you
Old 12-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Burning Brakes

It already does pretty much cost the same as Accord EX V6. I actually got my TSX for less than a loaded out Accord V6.
?? you got TSX with Nav for 25K out the door tax included?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX.Fury

side note: my car looks awful in that pic! If I had known you were gonna be posting them around the forum I wouldn't have raised up the coils for the winter
pussy rock it low LOL low is the only way to go. but yeah I know why you did it. I did it last year. but when i went to the last meet I had already raised it for winter too but said no I am not showing my car off like that and I slammed it. I was tucking on the front for the first time ever.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:40 PM

Ok yes I would have still bought the car who cares what the hell it said on the front either honda or acura it is still a honda product which is one of the reasons I bought it. The car looks great and I love the lines. It also handles well and if it was a honda it would probably have more mods out at this time for it.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
Ok yes I would have still bought the car who cares what the hell it said on the front. The car looks great and I love the lines. It also handles well and if it was a honda it would probably have more mods out at this time for it.
haha you are probably right about the mod part

anyone bought the car cuz of uniqueness?.....very few TSX on the road unlike Accord?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:46 PM

haha you are probably right about the mod part

anyone bought the car cuz of uniqueness?.....very few TSX on the road unlike Accord?
my accord is very unique dont see many of them on the road.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Burning Brakes

^^haha

i drove Avalon before...seriously don't think i'd like to downgrade to Accord XD
I don't mind drive a Honda Integra or Honda RSX tho
Old 12-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Overlord

No, but where have you seen an fully loaded Accord EX V6 with Nav for $25K out the door tax included? They're all hovering around $30K here.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Overlord

Ok yes I would have still bought the car who cares what the hell it said on the front either honda or acura it is still a honda product which is one of the reasons I bought it. The car looks great and I love the lines. It also handles well and if it was a honda it would probably have more mods out at this time for it.
Didn't you spend a lot of money on your car to make sure it says Honda on the front? LOL...
Old 12-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Burning Brakes

No, but where have you seen an fully loaded Accord EX V6 with Nav for $25K out the door tax included? They're all hovering around $30K here.
in Houston TX.....how the hell you get Accord for 30K? wtf

btw...my friend just ask the a friend work as a sales for the price like 1 month ago
Not discount price...just like as low as it can be price
Old 12-02-2005, 02:53 PM

its a honda always we be a honda and for god sakes in made in the same coutnry as the honda accord that looks just like it. i should have just said switch my tsx with the accord since they are coming from the same country and make it a euro r one.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:55 PM

Didn't you spend a lot of money on your car to make sure it says Honda on the front? LOL...
you read it wrong i love the car either way what I did after the fact is not what we are talking about. I like the parts from he japanese better the honey come grill with out all the chrome the euro r lip kit. I mean I could write a book but I am really not in the mood so unless I have to I wont.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Burning Brakes

its a honda always we be a honda and for god sakes in made in the same coutnry as the honda accord that looks just like it. i should have just said switch my tsx with the accord since they are coming from the same country and make it a euro r one.
haha too bad there is an Acura

==============
this thread is hilarious
Old 12-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Overlord

in Houston TX.....how the hell you get Accord for 30K? wtf

btw...my friend just ask the a friend work as a sales for the price like 1 month ago
Not discount price...just like as low as it can be price
Well, when base MSRP is $29,300 for an Accord EX V6 Navi, it's not hard to imagine is it?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Overlord

you read it wrong i love the car either way what I did after the fact is not what we are talking about. I like the parts from he japanese better the honey come grill with out all the chrome the euro r lip kit. I mean I could write a book but I am really not in the mood so unless I have to I wont.
Ha-ha, man, I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything. I was just pointing out the irony of you saying "who cares what the hell it said on the front either honda or acura," when you obviously cared enough to change it.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Well, when base MSRP is $29,300 for an Accord EX V6 Navi, it's not hard to imagine is it?
i guess.....however he was quoted 25K otd...so who knows
i wonder if someone actually got it for 30K otd....haha
Old 12-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Overlord

i guess.....however he was quoted 25K otd...so who knows
i wonder if someone actually got it for 30K otd....haha
Was that with Navi? I suppose an end of model year sale might get them down that low. My TSX with Navi was just under $27K. I know people who paid significantly more than that for their Accord EX V6 Navi.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^yah with Nav

you got TSX /w Nav for 27K tax included?......wtf

your area is weird
Old 12-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Pro

very nice discussion and really I don't think there was any tension in the thread after all we're all adults and this is the internet. If you've got a beef take it outside and I'll waste you with my 0-60 in <3s R6... try putting your fantastic $50,000 TSX up against that!

pwn3d!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Overlord

^^^yah with Nav

you got TSX /w Nav for 27K tax included?......wtf

your area is weird
No, not tax included. We pay taxes here when we tag the vehicle, not at the dealer. Tax was about $800-$900 extra.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by helraiser
very nice discussion and really I don't think there was any tension in the thread after all we're all adults and this is the internet. If you've got a beef take it outside and I'll waste you with my 0-60 in <3s R6... try putting your fantastic $50,000 TSX up against that!

pwn3d!
I love a good intense discussion about things that don't amount to a hill of beans.

By the way, A?4U:

what is pwn3d? Did you mean "0wn3d?" Or did you pawn your R6? LOL...

We R L33t!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Still Lovin my 06

i think i could tell

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
I test drove the '05 TSX and the '06 V6 Accord back to back...and honestly, the interior looks almost the same. Same nav, same layout (the Accord has a sharper center console), same steering wheel, same feel. I bet the average person can't tell which is an Acura or an Honda if all the emblems are removed. As for the drive, the V6 got lots more kick to it. I have to admit tho that the TSX handles better, but not by much. On my first TSX test drive, I felt like I been driving the car for years. With the Accord, it was a bit awkward. I am not saying the Accord is better in every sense but it's comparable to the TSX in many ways and even exceed it in some aspects. But anyways, I hope to own a TSX because it's a great car and because it's an Acura. If it's a Honda, I would have to think really really really hard....

i went to a dealership that had both honda accords 06 and acura tsx's 05. i test drove both, one after the other, and was amazed at the fact that the leather in the tsx was SIGNIFICANTLY nicer than that in the accord. plain and simple, the tsx offers more, for not much more price. it's worth it, so yes, badge, no badge, or pinto badge, i don't care, i like the car.

if i was gonna buy a car just for badges, shit, i'd get the dodge charger. except it's ugly as hell and has no character, but hey, dodge brought back a great name. so what if they ruined the car?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by bradykp
if i was gonna buy a car just for badges, shit, i'd get the dodge charger. except it's ugly as hell and has no character, but hey, dodge brought back a great name. so what if they ruined the car?
I still can't believe that they did that. Can anyone honestly see Bo and Luke welding ALL FOUR doors shut, painting it orange with a Dixie flag and driving around Hazzard County in one of those things? Must be the German influence overriding common sense in the Chrysler camp. Although the concept Charger they brought out a few years ago was cool... except for the four door thing:

Old 12-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Back,...........pretty much everything has been said and discussed that I was going to say/talk about,...........so no tension builder I guess in the end hahahaha. Beo and them covered most of it. Someone even brought up the NSX, which I was going to comment on too.

Anyway, I voted yes,... still would have got it. I look at a car on an individual basis and dont worry about weather it says honda/acura or toyota/lexus on the back. A lexus GS or LS or whatever is still made by toyota to me. We looked at the Sonata because the quality of hyundai has come a long way recently, and it has had good reviews. We looked at the USDM accord too, as well as some other cars. In the end the TSX was just "right" for us. Its beautiful, good value, descent power, good handling etc etc,....you guys know it all. I would have no problem with it having a Honda badge on it at all.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Still Lovin my 06

accord ex 4 banger

the accord ex 4 banger with navi is 26,900. so it's 3k less msrp, and 40ish HP less.

again, TSX was worth it.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Since we are on about the Charger. I cant help but remember when I was at the auto show last year when I was filling out a thing to win a car and some guys asked me if I had seen the new charger yet. I said that I had not been over to chrysler yet,.........and they started on about how UGLY it was and how they are crazy for giving it four doors etc. I had a good laugh,.......and then thought, "I better get over there and see what they are talking about". LOL

This thread has been a great discussion btw
Old 12-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by West6MT
This thread has been a great discussion btw
Yep. Enjoyed it immensely.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Instructor

No.

Honestly No. For what the car costs up here OTD I that I'm driving an official "luxury" car.

If you don't belive brand matters check out VW Phaeton(sp) sales. ALL the reviews are good. Seems few people are lining up to buy a 100k VW.

There are a lot of similarities between VW/Audi and Honda/Acura if you think about it.

Integra was a great car that hurt the Acura brand because is was left to rot on the design vine for so long. They will kill of the RSX when sales dicate. Whatever happens needs the new halo car/NSX soon.

Personally I like the Acura image a little over the Lexus one. Lexus always seemed a little too overstuffed/sedate for me. I'm aware I'm not in the majority.

Infiniti? what is that ? mostly some sort of Nissan Armada/Maxima derived monstrosity. Fat looking cars.

Quick Reply: If the TSX had a Honda badge instead of an Acura badge, would you have bought one?