I Saw It!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 11:23 PM
Bound for Europe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Saw It!!

Being a very content TSX owner, I've been slowly growing to admire the new TL. When I first viewed the pictures of them Seattle TLs, I jumped to the "its a big TSX" conclusion, while seeing the rear as uglyish. But because I'm a firm believer that cars need to be seen with the naked eye, I held back any further conclusions on the new TL. I observed the TL crew and their impressions and opinions a bit closer, picking up some cool info about the upcoming model.
A week ago I received "Impressions" from Acura's Ministry of Propaganda, instantly craving their advice on how to re-tile my bathroom. I tried one of the recipies and instantly I was under a TL spell. Bullshit aside, reading the TL article got me stirred. Just the sound system alone had my mind firing off absurd thoughts like "I'll only lose $12K on a trade in and hell, my T is paid for..." Like Chris Rock would say..."You got your GED, now you can go to college...

"Slow down..."

So, I'm down with the TL. Completely down. And thankfully today, I saw one on the road.

I'm coming back from lunch, rain PISHING DOWN, half-wit drivers all around me, the radio tuned to a classical station which soothes me when driving in these conditions. As always, I'm observing the cars coming towards me in the other lane, identifying them by their light cluster or whatever and WHOA!!...

I am moved by a xenon glare that I've yet to experience. Oh shit! WICKED!! A silver TL with kit zooms by me, causing me to lock my eyes on it, following it until its out of range. In a mere 2 seconds, the new TL has won me over. I am almost inspired to pull a U-turn and follow, such was my excitement upon witnessing this excellent new member of the Acura family. I'll disclose, I've got hawk like eyes that enable me to take in alot of info in a short time, and this brief brush with the new TL was the decider for me. Its been a long time since the sight of a new car has gotten me pumped. I'll say that today's experience equals my previous and long passed thrill that I used to experience when seeing an E39 M5 or a rare M Coupe on the road.

The new TL - I already loved the interior, but after today, I love the whole thing. WICKED!
Now if I can just get Acura to put the DVD-A stereo in my TSX...please.