I-r-o-n-y

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I-r-o-n-y

K, so I'm sitting on the couch, enjoying an immensely smooth margarita and idly searching here for others' solutions to the rear shelf rattle (the one caused by deep bass and the center seat belt tensioner plastic box), and I keep finding tons of comments and complaints about the door rattles, rear shelf rattles, etc. on our 1st Gen TSXes.

Then a commercial comes on.

(Sounds of engines only): "Most automobiles use only insulation to reduce noise. But we take a different approach. We use microphones to detect unwanted engine sounds, then transmit opposing frequencies to eliminate them. Literally fighting sound with sound. Active sound control: available in the Acura TSX. The most innovative thinking you'll find, you'll find in an Acura."

Now, I've seen this commercial before. In fact, it's one of the few that's tempted me to buy a new TSX. And I remember thinking, when I first heard the commercial, that Acura must've gotten quite a few gripes about the rattles and finally fixed them. I've not seen a TL, RL, RDX, MDX commercial touting their noise-cancelling features.

Still. Ironic, don't ya think?
Old 03-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Haha, the Acura marketing spew machine is at WOT....