I Must Vent!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 12:03 AM
Acura Technician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I Must Vent!!!

I need to vent. I'm an Acura technician in NY. About six weeks ago (October 18, 2003) I put in paperwork for a TSX 6-speed/nav at my job. If you people assume that service people are sleaze balls, wait til you meet the friggin sales people. I was promised a delivery of within 5-6 weeks knowing that the car with the specifications and the color (black) that I wanted is not in stock and I wasn't gonna take in a swap from another dealer. Yes I want to break in the first couple of miles in the car myself. Well as it goes, I went on vacation and when I came back I saw the VIN number I was assigned with but the production date states Dec 18!!! WTF! Are they trying to install rattles into my car or something!?!? Then you got to consider the time it takes to ship it from Japan. By the time it gets here it'll probably be an 05 platform. And to place some blame on me, I already started buying parts for the car and it's not even here yet! So if you don't mind, I might be the most disgruntle TSX owner at the moment.

Ben
-Disgruntled owner of a Black TSX (6-speed/navi)
Old 11-30-2003, 05:11 AM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: I Must Vent!!!

Youre an Acura tech and u said.............

Originally posted by nyc1badmofo
WTF! Are they trying to install rattles into my car or something!?!?
hahahahahhaha
Old 11-30-2003, 08:15 AM
Acura Technician

yes i did say that and I meant rattles at the factory. Maybe they're trying to install an empty coke bottle behind the door panel damn it.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:30 AM
Registered AssHat

Re: I Must Vent!!!

Originally posted by nyc1badmofo
I need to vent. I'm an Acura technician in NY. About six weeks ago (October 18, 2003) I put in paperwork for a TSX 6-speed/nav at my job. If you people assume that service people are sleaze balls, wait til you meet the friggin sales people. I was promised a delivery of within 5-6 weeks knowing that the car with the specifications and the color (black) that I wanted is not in stock and I wasn't gonna take in a swap from another dealer. Yes I want to break in the first couple of miles in the car myself. Well as it goes, I went on vacation and when I came back I saw the VIN number I was assigned with but the production date states Dec 18!!! WTF! Are they trying to install rattles into my car or something!?!? Then you got to consider the time it takes to ship it from Japan. By the time it gets here it'll probably be an 05 platform. And to place some blame on me, I already started buying parts for the car and it's not even here yet! So if you don't mind, I might be the most disgruntle TSX owner at the moment.

Ben
-Disgruntled owner of a Black TSX (6-speed/navi)
Most reputable dealers will cargo your car from one dealership to another if it's outside 200 miles or so. Legally they can't sell it as new otherwise.

In addition, most dealers will do that if you just ask.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:25 AM

Re: Re: I Must Vent!!!

Originally posted by Lung Fu Mo Shi
Legally they can't sell it as new otherwise.
This statement is not accurate. If a car has not been title, it's a new car, even with let say 2500 miles on it.

nyc1badmofo,
As a former employee of an Acura dealer I must ask are you getting a discount or are you paying MSRP? (You don't have to share the $$ amount although I'm sure most would like to know.)If you are getting a discount especially if it's more than $2000 off you get the shaft sometimes. It sucks regardless.

Do you have the car yet? You wrote you are an owner.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Acura Technician

Well, to answer everyone's question. I requested no cargo cause i want to be the first one to inspect the brand new car so for the former acura technicians you know what i'm talking about. =) It's one of the perks. To answer the question, yes I did get a discount. That's the only reason why i am sticking it out with them. Finally the car is not here but i signed papers and just about to pay in full for it when it gets here (already have 5 grand down) and there's a VIN number assigned already. So either way it's still gonna be mine.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Cruisin'

Angry response to sleeze

been in the service end of the biz since 1990,,, yes there are a few bad apples , as in any business, but on the whole there are
alot of quality service advisors out there, since i use to be one of them that graduated to service managers position. anyway i agree the sales end has alot to be desired in product knowledge and truthfulness in making deals, back order situations on parts and vehicles are beyond the dealerships control, only thing they can control , when that arrises, is having great communication with you on updates of information of release dates etc. which
release dates are not set in stone they are general sorta dates.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: Re: I Must Vent!!!

Originally posted by KC 2004 TSX
This statement is not accurate. If a car has not been title, it's a new car, even with let say 2500 miles on it.
Like ex-demo cars are still technically new cars since they've never been registered.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:49 AM
Advanced

Long wait also!

I ordered a CG/Quartz/6-speed/Navi on 10/17 and was informed last week that I have a build date of 12/15. Difference with my deal is that I was told to expect a long wait. Should pick it up next month. Feels like a jail sentence waiting for my TSX to come in!:pfawk: