I have fixed the rattle vibration annoyance in the front doors

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have fixed the rattle vibration annoyance in the front doors

I decided to pull the front door panels this weekend to fix the rattles and vibrations caused by the audio system, for the most part. I wish I could have taken pictures to show all what my particular issue was anyway. I do believe that a lot of you will find this to be the problem.

1) The aluminum inserts in the front doors were not as tight as they could be so I proceeded to tighten them with a stubby phillips and everything else I could tighten at the same time.

2) The drivers side door window control panel for rolling all the windows up and down. This vibrated horribly in my car with certain music, pretty much any music with a fair amount of low end frequency. Looking at this little control panel from the inside of the door, it looked pretty much impossible to remove and I was not about to try. So from the top of the panel I was able to shim up the control panel to keep it form vibrating. I achieved this by using everyones favorite fix all product. Duct tape, yes good old duct tape. I took and folded a piece a couple of times and then cut a piece about 1/16 of an inch maybe less and wedged this between the control panel and the opening it sits within and you cannot see the tape and it DOES NOT VIBRATE. Now, I have the entire aluminum trim kit in my car which may hide this a bit more than one that does not. I cannot say but try it.

Conclusion. I played music that would normally vibrate all the time and it does not vibrate or rattle at all.

If anyone needs help with the door panel removal let me know.

I am now a happy camper

I will try to get a digi camera to post some pics if no one understands my garble.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You bet we want pix!