I Hate Deer!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 06:30 PM
cmf
ATCer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffTSX
Sorry about your car but at least you're safe and your car is still fixable. Unlike this

OMG. That's crazy!
Old 01-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cmf
Maybe the airbags also didn't go off since there seems to be no damage to the bumper. Isn't that where the impact sensor are?
Deer without vertical = dead deer.
I believe there are three sensors inside the front bumper. One on each side and one in the middle. I guess the deer's legs did not penetrate the bumper hard enough to deploy the bags.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:43 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Poor, innocent deer?

Poor: I was not aware that deer fit into any know socioeconomic groupings.

Innocent: maybe the deer killed and ate poor defenseless plants. Or ran a Liken smuggling ring form northern Canada.

And last time I checked the car was worth $27k and the deer was worth the $78 required to purchase the hunting permit.

Sorry about the car man.

Interesting side note: Road kill deer are often shred and cooked under pressure at places call rendering processing plants and feed back to other animals such as pig, chicken, or cattle in the form of protein feed stock.

As such having your pork tenderloin, you could be eating that deer by association.

Venison it’s what’s for dinner!
Old 01-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

I hate deer. in jeresy they were being run outa thier "homes" and getting in the way of cars. OKay yeah it wasnt his fault that he got his by a $27K car but honestly people lets get real. Things die, its life.
Still Feeling bad about the deer? what about the cow you are sitting on. Honestly thats life, and honestly, i would have done the same thing, i would much rather save a persons life and take a deers than injure at the minimium two people (you and the other driver, assuming you both dont have passengers).

it sounds mean but it all comes down to what YOU can safely do.
quit bitching at him, he just did some damage to his car and you better beleive hes pissed. and you better beleive he got out and cussed at the deer.

my regards man, ull get her good as new soon.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed2102
Still Feeling bad about the deer? what about the cow you are sitting on. Honestly thats life, and honestly, i would have done the same thing, i would much rather save a persons life and take a deers than injure at the minimium two people (you and the other driver, assuming you both dont have passengers).
It's only part cow. Where it starts and ends we're still not 100% sure of...
Old 01-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Race Director

What the fuck, how can people bash him for not giving a fuck about the deer? His car is trashed, fuck the deer, they should stay in the forest where they belong.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Advanced

What kind of a dumb ass deer runs into a car anyway? Didn't it's Mommy & Daddy teach it to look both ways before crossing the road???
Old 01-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by savage
......, if he hit a moose (several hundred pounds) i bet it would have been a big enough impact for them to deploy...
Moose up here are a couple of THOUSAND pounds. Very tall too so you end up chopping the legs clean off and getting killed when the massive body/horns/etc goes right through your windshield. They seem to face the car/truck too before they're hit. Not good... Happens every year.

The airbag should not have deployed in that accident though. Way too small an impact...
Old 01-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
What the fuck, how can people bash him for not giving a fuck about the deer? His car is trashed, fuck the deer, they should stay in the forest where they belong.
What kind of a dumb ass deer runs into a car anyway? Didn't it's Mommy & Daddy teach it to look both ways before crossing the road???
Now, just stop and think for a moment and be fair. If human didn't invade their habitat by destroying their forest and building freeways where they used to live, the car and the deer collision will never happen. Now the car is damaged and the deer is dead, just call it even and move on.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by JTso
Now, just stop and think for a moment and be fair. If human didn't invade their habitat by destroying their forest and building freeways where they used to live, the car and the deer collision will never happen. Now the car is damaged and the deer is dead, just call it even and move on.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:10 PM
White and Nerdy

Originally Posted by MrChad

Interesting side note: Road kill deer are often shred and cooked under pressure at places call rendering processing plants and feed back to other animals such as pig, chicken, or cattle in the form of protein feed stock.

As such having your pork tenderloin, you could be eating that deer by association.

Venison it’s what’s for dinner!
I hope that they don't. I thought the practice of feeding dead animal products to cattle was stopped, because that is how you get Mad Cow disease transmitted. Given that there is an nearly identical disease in deer (which is suspected in giving a deer hunter in Wisconsin the human version of Mad Cow), this would be majorly stupid.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
Man that's what you get... screw the car... your car that you love ended an innocent life of an animal.. you all have no heart...
I almost feel sorry for this guy
Old 01-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Instructor

Sorry about the car, be thankful you are ok (and the deer didn't jump) AND that the airbags no doubt worked as intended... as said well above, they are designed only to go off in very serious accidents, don't forget airbags themselves can cause burns, bruises and even broken bones... it's just that those injuries are less severe than the ones they are saving you from.

As far as the damage: I bet it looks worse than it is, prolly mostly body work. Comprehensive will cover it even though it was a collision, and it shouldn't go up. Even if it does, Comp is pretty cheap compared to Collision and BI, it makes up a small % of your premium.

My brother hit a deer at 70mph in his '92 Camry, similar damage (right in the middle of the hood), it was fixed in 3 days, no problems after that.

And ignore the deer lovers, I saw one was in Brooklyn... they just don't understand what it's like living in deer country... think big freaking rats that spread disease, kill people because they are stupid and like headlights and eat ANYTHING you try and grow. They have no natural predators left OTHER THAN ACURAS, so you should be thanking this poor guy for doing his part to thin the heard.

One last thing, make sure you get all the blood off the car ASAP, it's acidic and can ruin the paint.

Sorry, that was long.

Edit: DON'T CLICK THAT LINK ABOVE! That's nasty, but the picture of the fabreez when someone asked how to clean it up made me almost piss myself.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Acura TSX > stupid deer

Anyone who feels sorry for the idiot deer and not the poor guy whose ride just got f**** up is an asshole. Period. Those stupid bastards will run right into you like they work for Al Quaeda or something! I say kill 'em all.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

for what its worth, they can fix your car up no problem, it looks like mostly exterior damage and maybe the radiator. be thankful there's no blood spray like the others.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by domn
Glad to hear you OK and working your way back
Thanks Domn

I realize how lucky I was and will continue to work through it. Ordered a new bike while I was still hospitalized, so obviously it didn't affect me too much!

Terry
Old 01-27-2005, 07:37 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

Old 01-27-2005, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TSeXer
no, it's mommy & daddy probably died the same way before it could teach him

darwin's evolution at work...eventually only deers that look both ways before crossing the road will be the majority
Old 01-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is it just me, or is that paint chipping not normal on the hood?? I don't think the paint is supposed to chip like THAT even after an impact... looks very brittle

Old 01-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Just dial 1911

Kinda confirms how thin and crappy the paint job is I guess. I havent had any problems with chips so far, but many people have complained...
Old 01-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Racer

They lost their habitate fair and square. Suicide bombing isn't working for the Palestinians, and it sure as hell won't work for deer
Old 01-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Intermediate

TSX 1, Deer 0
Old 01-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Advanced

Deer are rats with hoofs. No different than swatting a fly. Its just unbelieveable that people put this pathetic animal on the same level as human or TSX life.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by indydriver
Deer are rats with hoofs. No different than swatting a fly. Its just unbelieveable that people put this pathetic animal on the same level as human or TSX life.
Blame the movie Bambi on it
Old 01-27-2005, 05:24 PM
Instructor

Yes, I was pissed at the deer even though it's really not her fault. Still, I put a lot of work and love into my car and to see it smashed in all because of that deer really sucked. If there was time to swerve I sure would have but I barely had time to press the brake in for a split second. No I don't really hate deer but I damn sure don't like the one that ran out in front of my car. It's gonna take two to three weeks and 7 grand in insurance to get my car back. Pics will be posted as soon as I get her back. You guys think I can talk the body shop into an aftermarked grille and carbon fiber hood???
Old 01-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 803Twon302
You guys think I can talk the body shop into an aftermarked grille and carbon fiber hood???
YES! That's what I'm doing right now. A Mugen grill costs less than the stock grill and so does a carbon fiber hood. You're actually pretty lucky. It doesn't look like your fenders bent.

Your condesnor wil need to be replaced (the air horns have pushed into it... if it doesn't leak, insurance will still give you the $ to replace it cuz it's damaged... just take that $ and put it to more mods). Also, the front frame where the hood latches will have to be bent out.

Start looking for stock headlights now and get them second hand. You'll get a pair for $300-350 and you'll get $640 from insurance. Good luck and let me know if you need any help as I'm pretty much done finding my products for our TSX that i smashed.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Instructor

Cool. PM with with some direction. How do I go about convincing them or where did you get your stuff from? Do I just tell them I'll get the parts? Any help is appreciated and I'll give em a call first thing monday morning.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:29 PM
The Voice of Reason

Bambi kills about 130 Americans annually!

Originally Posted by joerockt
Blame the movie Bambi on it.

The North American White-tailed Deer population is not in any danger of decline. Fortunately for Bambi, over the last couple centuries we've eliminated most of their natural predators, including wolves, cougars and bears.

They are now, in effect, giant rats with antlers. Bambi kills about 130 Americans every year.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Let's see... human killed predators, predators killed bambi, and bambi killed human. Looks like a complete cycle and pretty even.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 803Twon302
Sign me up for a hunting license!!! This happened in broad daylight at 12:30 in the F'n afternoon!!! Yes, I am ok even though the airbags didn't deploy at 60mph. All I can do is post the pics...
OUCH ! that sucks sorry to see that.
fuck the deers they are like rats now.

man SC has good weather !
Old 01-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Banned

Man that's what you get... screw the car... your car that you love ended an innocent life of an animal.. you all have no heart...
hahahaha how the heck do you manage to survive in Bklyn ?????
Old 01-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Racer

At least you hit the dear and didn't swirve and hit a tree or something else. Insurance companies want you to hit the deer to make sure it wasn't your fault.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by spatel600
At least you hit the dear and didn't swirve and hit a tree or something else. Insurance companies want you to hit the deer to make sure it wasn't your fault.
We generally rather you not hit anything at all.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by savage
yeah they work with MEMs accelerometers which measure the acceleration (dV) and if the acceleration breaks a certain threshold it will deploy...from my understanding the acceleration has to be really significant to cause that...hitting a 60-100lb deer at 60 most likely wont cause enough of a impact to generate that much acceleration and therefore wont deploy, if he hit a moose (several hundred pounds) i bet it would have been a big enough impact for them to deploy...

hmm, Im just wondering about going from 70mph to zero while going up a fence, Airbags did not go off, and 21 in Az, got rear ended almost went through the windsheild... At this point I am honestly Extremly worried about the Airbag System in the TSX
Old 01-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Banned

Hey bud belive me, i would be upset about the deer too... Trust me I know first hand about Animals being hit by a car, do a breef search on this forum, maybe 2 weeks ago my dog who i love more then the stupid car, was hit by the mailman, he died in the back seat of my car on the way to the animal hospital... Its rough... However in a situation like this, Its better that the animal got hurt then he did... I hate to sound like that, but if your going 50, a girl runs out into the road, and u cant stop in time but if you swerve your gonna hit a cat.... you hit the damn cat... Really hurts to say that but thats defenutly the truth of the matter
Old 01-30-2005, 11:31 PM
6MT Snob

Originally Posted by MemRheins
do a breef search on this forum
(ahem) brief (ahem)
Old 01-30-2005, 11:32 PM
6MT Snob

On a different note, what rims are those?
Old 02-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gfxdave99
On a different note, what rims are those?
Focal K-5's
Old 02-01-2005, 02:00 PM
3rd Gear

was just looking at that link to the other forum where the guy hit the deer and blood was all over the insides of the car... well can u imagine how the driver looked since all the blood shot thru the car like a firehydrant blew up in the car? haha