I don't know if you can 'Handle' this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if you can 'Handle' this!

FYI: In case you dont have a lot of free time.... Just skip to the bottom paragraphs to get the main point of the argument. I'm quite verbose at times, I must apologize.

Hey!

Well, its nice to see the community is thriving these days. Every time I check back, I find there is a page or two of new postings on threads... Funny seeing how most of you dont even remember the days way back when we even had to speculate on what the car looked like (pre-NAIAS 2003), or Colin's ride and drive (Sheryl Crow never sounded so sweet), or Justin's priceless information and pictures of the cars and the accessories guide, or the fun of the TSX price wars ($32kCDN? where'd he end up going?) Sigh... Those were the good old days.

Already I've been fortunate enough to enjoy almost 5 months of TSX ownership, and those months have realized very few complaints. It seems that everytime I let myself slip into thinking that no one is paying attention to what car i'm driving someone else approaches me at a gas station with a slew of questions.

Its been a long time since i've written(punished?) you lot with one of my so-called rants on my opinions the TSX (thankfully) but with the iminent release of the TL, I thought I'd stir up some discussion on (yet) another design flaw(IMO) of the TSX.

Some might ask: "But Bowersan, what else can you complain about? You've mentioned time and time again about the lack of lit steering wheel controls, and the unfortunate design of the front door locking mechanism. " Well, this may be true, and, over the 5 months of ownership, little has changed in my opinion of these mistakes. What I must make clear is my next complaint, and it has to do with one aspect of the exterior that I just cant figure out.

One of the unique aspects of the new TL is the side 'crease' that digs deep into the door to create a linear look. Although opinions are mixed on its design, I found that it gave the TL an interesting 'scar' feature. As I stared at more and more cars, i began to notice that the 'side crease' is a common design element found on most cars (BMW 3 series, for example), it made a more general issue with the TSX's design become obvious.

On almost every other car with a side crease, i noticed that the line ran right through the door handles, creating a smooth, linear effect, and drawing your eyes along the side of the car. When i looked back on my TSX, i found it quite odd that the line of the handles did not intersect with the body line...

I've tried to replicate the image on photoshop. Personally, i think it looks much better this way.

I'm interested in hearing what you think, whether you think it should be the way it is, or whether i'm just crazy.

J.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:23 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't really like that "Scar" on the TL and prefer the TSX's higher cleaner line.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:33 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
You're crazy........
Old 09-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

Originally posted by domn
You're crazy........
Its true what they say..... 'CRAZY, you got me lookin so crazy right now!'

Wow, i've gotta take my medication now....

J.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:18 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
School stressing you out J ?

I think you have too many assisgnments due at once so you decided to attack the TSX

relax, go for a drive and all will be fine
Old 09-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Racer

Originally posted by fdl
I don't really like that "Scar" on the TL and prefer the TSX's higher cleaner line.
Agreed. TL looks sweet, but I'll pass on the scar, thanks. Plus, wouldn't that be a pain to wax, dry off, etc?
Old 09-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Racer

Originally posted by bowersan
Its true what they say..... 'CRAZY, you got me lookin so crazy right now!'

Wow, i've gotta take my medication now....

J.
It's only second week of school and you're already going bonkers. You're studying too hard

Go fishing or something...ah, just go for a blast on the TSX and it'll make you forget about the lines...stay off the 401 though!