How to track your car after it has been ordered.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 06:49 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation How to track your car after it has been ordered.

Where is my car? Sound familiar? Your answer will soon be very simple. In the very near future...I believe sometime next month, you will be able to track where your car is located at all times via www.acura.com.

How it will work? Think of it as if you were tracking a fedex package with a tracking number...When your car has been ordered by your dealer and the order confirmed by the factory, it will be assigned an 'order code'. The dealer can give you this 'code' and from then on all you need to do is sign on to acura.com log in your 'order code' and track your own car. No more calling your dealer 100 times a day and asking...where is my car?
Old 08-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Acura.com won't even lie to you and tell you ridiculous statements like: "Any day now....." "I think I might have seen it on the truck this morning - nope that was just another MDX" "Recent terrorist activity has delayed all cars coming into US ports" or my personal favorite "Your car is special and they are giving it extra attention before they send it to us"
Old 08-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Advanced

Not bad but my dealer (West Chester Acura in PA) was pretty good about calling once it hit US soil.

I got a msg every few days saying where it was.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Instructor

I guess that is kinda nice.
I had no problems at all with my dealer. Like I said in another post awhile back, my dealer pulled out a printout of all the cars they were expecting in. This list included color combos, specs., estimated dates of arrival and...are ya ready???.... VINS!!! I was told about how long it takes to cross the country where the cars come from where they go and how long each process takes. And guess what??
He was right on the nose!!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 08:25 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Kinda nice? I think its very nice to be able to track the status of your car from point A to point B at all times.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by justinjsw
Kinda nice? I think its very nice to be able to track the status of your car from point A to point B at all times.
I was only saying that I really didn't need anything like that since I didn't have any discrepencies in regards to when my car was supposed to arrive.
With all the talk about dealer's not being forthcoming about delivery and arrival dates I was just sharing a good experience.

Sorry I didn't mean it to seem as if I was downplaying it. I guess it is very nice to be able to do that, I really would not know since this is only my second purchase/lease of a car.
I may be more indifferent since I have never experienced any of these horror stories regarding dates. My first car I drove off the lot the day after I signed everything ( it was in stock when I was looking into getting a car). And like I said about the TSX I knew all I needed from my dealer and that huge printout of arriving autos and their specs/dates. I spoke to the dealer July 4th, got a VIN and everything, and my TSX arrived about 2 weeks after that.