How Much Should I Pay For Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 04:34 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Much Should I Pay For Accessories

I am shopping for a new NBP TSX. I would like to add on fog lights, wood steering wheel and wood kit at the time of purchase. Should I pay the list price plus installation? Or for a discount price. Feel me to inbox me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:50 AM
Intermediate

I think that the MOST important thing that you should by from the dealership is the KARR alarm system that they offer. They even offer a 3 year replacement warranty meaning if your car is stolen or totaled within the next 3 years, they will replace your car with a NEW one. The alarm is pretty good too. Look into it... Everything else I think is just for your own personal interest, but always protect your investment and alarm systems are the key.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:35 AM
10th Gear

Spending even more money!

Hey guys,

I just got my ABP yesterday. I cannot even begin to stress how much I am in love with my new TSX. I used to drive a Mercedes SLK and my new TSX handles, if not the same, than much better than my slk. I'm sooooo glad I was able to get my hands on the Artic Blue. It is absolutely beautiful, and from what I am hearing, very hard to find. Thank you to all of you guys and gals who recommended the color!!!!!!!!! After driving last night in the crazy thunderstorms we've veen having everyday of the summer here in NJ, I realized that I wanted fog lights. Do any of you TSX owners w/ fog lights think it was a waste of money? On that note, I'm not really sure how much the dealer is charging for fog lights + installation. Anybody have a round about figure? Any other recommendations regarding the fog lights? Thanks again everybody
Old 07-31-2004, 07:23 AM
Intermediate

To see the MSRP on all accessories, check Acura's site. Just go to www.acura.com, click on TSX, then click on "build & price". Follow through the steps of building the car you want and it shows all available interior and exterior accessories. You can click on each one to see a description and price (MSRP). They don't show you the installation cost, you'd have to ask your dealer.

I suggest trying to negotiate with the dealer to get a better price, especially if you haven't bought the car yet. Once you get a price on the car you're happy with, go in and say something like "Well if you can cut me a deal on accessories, I'll buy it today". I ordered the wing spoiler along with the front, side, and rear under spoilers at the same time I ordered the car, and he gave me free installation on those accessories as well as money off of the parts. I spent $1500 total on those 4 accessories which is still a lot!

Good luck.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:24 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shorty
I think that the MOST important thing that you should by from the dealership is the KARR alarm system that they offer. They even offer a 3 year replacement warranty meaning if your car is stolen or totaled within the next 3 years, they will replace your car with a NEW one. The alarm is pretty good too. Look into it... Everything else I think is just for your own personal interest, but always protect your investment and alarm systems are the key.
Dude, why are you so high on this alarm? Do you work for them?

Their website says there is deductible coverage on losses... it's not very detailed, but it looks like they do whta Directed and others do and cover your deductible for some period of time.

I still say the WORST place to get an alarm is the dealership. I also say that if you are worried about vehicle theft, the built-in immobilizer is very good, and an alarm is best oriented against burglary (parts theft) rather than the auto itself.

For Acura original accessories, check out H and A http://www.handaaccessories.com/
Old 08-01-2004, 02:01 AM
Instructor

Metal-Look Trim Kit

Hi all, I've got the NHB/ebony, came with the standard black trim inside. I test drove a CG with metal look trim inside, which is what I wanted to get...dealer said I couldn't have for 3 months. Called an out of state dealer who said I could have in 3 days. Told local dealer about this, and he caved, gave me the 5at/navi for a song...I had to compromise on the color though (love the black, it's classic).

Anyway, I saw the metal look trim, and it's available after the sale. Is this a project I could tackle on my own? You should know the only thing I know how to do on a car is change the oil and a tire. Oh, and by my asking if this is a project I COULD tackle on my own, what I'm really asking is SHOULD I. Very few (okay, none) fastners visible from the front, and I'm notoriously unlucky when weilding a putty knife...