How do I access the dome lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:59 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I access the dome lights?

So i ordered some blue led's to swap out with the interior lights just for kicks. Anyway, I can't figure out how to remove the dome light covers. I'm sure that if you crank on it hard enough it'll pop off but I figure since everyone else and their mother's have already replaced this: 1) i'm an idiot for not seeing it right away, 2) i'll save myself the embarassment of breaking it by asking the crowd.

Second question, the manual says that you can change the brightness of that little "ambient light" blue led by turning the select/reset knob on the instrument panel, that doesn't do crap to that light as far as i'm concerned, anyone else?

thanks ahead of time, feel free to mock me.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:26 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

Originally Posted by jonesy
feel free to mock me.
Alright -

Seriously though, read it before you try - but you just pry the plastic covers off. Be careful not to scratch it.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:27 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19740 for more info
Old 03-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Registered Abuser

So i ordered some blue led's to swap out with the interior lights just for kicks. Anyway, I can't figure out how to remove the dome light covers. I'm sure that if you crank on it hard enough it'll pop off but I figure since everyone else and their mother's have already replaced this: 1) i'm an idiot for not seeing it right away, 2) i'll save myself the embarassment of breaking it by asking the crowd.

Second question, the manual says that you can change the brightness of that little "ambient light" blue led by turning the select/reset knob on the instrument panel, that doesn't do crap to that light as far as i'm concerned, anyone else?

thanks ahead of time, feel free to mock me.
They're not hard to get off at all. Use a small flathead screwdriver and wrap a bit of electrical tape around the end to prevent scratches. Then stick it in the gap between the lens and the side and pry gently - it will pop right off.

I never noticed if the brightness of the blue ambient LED goes up and down when I change the dash lights, I'll have to check that out.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:53 PM
8th Gear

K, even though it still worried me to see plastic bending, it did eventually pop off and i got everything working. Played with the brightness control again, still nothing, it stays pretty constant, which is too bad cause I'd like the amibient light to be a little brighter. The TL has two of those LED's i think which is nicer.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Registered Abuser

K, even though it still worried me to see plastic bending, it did eventually pop off and i got everything working. Played with the brightness control again, still nothing, it stays pretty constant, which is too bad cause I'd like the amibient light to be a little brighter. The TL has two of those LED's i think which is nicer.
I think 2 ambient LEDs would have been better too. Maybe spaced apart a bit.