How come the driver's door cant be opened from the inside when the car is locked?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 05:56 PM
-phase-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How come the driver's door cant be opened from the inside when the car is locked?

just a question for you guys..and girls..does the TSX have a function like other cars where the driver's door can be opened from the inside even though it is locked? i thought it was a safety feature on most cars, that if your car was locked, only the driver's door can be opened. i'm not sure if im making sense, but everytime i get home..i have to hit the unlock button first then i can get out..kinda bugs me..and yes i am lazy fine i admit
is there a latch or something i just have to adjust to change it?
Old 10-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Baka Unco

Originally Posted by tigerfan85
just a question for you guys..and girls..does the TSX have a function like other cars where the driver's door can be opened from the inside even though it is locked? i thought it was a safety feature on most cars, that if your car was locked, only the driver's door can be opened. i'm not sure if im making sense, but everytime i get home..i have to hit the unlock button first then i can get out..kinda bugs me..and yes i am lazy fine i admit
is there a latch or something i just have to adjust to change it?
Actually I always thought it was to have your door open even it it was locked. Sort of defeats the purpose of locking it in the first place . . .
Old 10-22-2004, 06:04 PM
The Power of a Grill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
drives me crazy also. Old car (2000 impala) would lock itself i drive, unlock itself in park and had a manual switch right at the latch to flip as you opened the door if needed. I am always pulling on a locked door, then pushing the button and locking, then unlocking, then whatever the hell just let me out of this shrinking car!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 06:07 PM
-phase-

Originally Posted by corbs
Actually I always thought it was to have your door open even it it was locked. Sort of defeats the purpose of locking it in the first place . . .
you mean..you dont drive down the highway with your door open? lol
Old 10-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Baka Unco

Originally Posted by tigerfan85
you mean..you dont drive down the highway with your door open? lol
I usually prefer it closed. I just don't like the possibilty of accidentally opening the door while driving. . . knowing me I'd find a way to something like that.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:12 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
This is the reason that we all don't pull the door panels, shorten the lock plungers, and get rid of that dimple on the underside of our left bicep that we get from the lcok plunger when we put our arm on the top of the door - because after an accident, we might not be able to open that damned door!

I've been wondering how to add that as a feature (unlocking when opening), but haven't spent a lot of time on it.