How to change OEM dome courtesy/ambient

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:11 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to change OEM dome courtesy/ambient

I just bought a the 1st gen TSX and don't have the service manual yet and I've search w/ no definitive answer. How do I change the LED ambient/courtesy dome? Is it a pain and should I just go to the dealer? Or can I just pop off the dome light assembly and replace the bulb? What size bulb is this? Just got this car and this little light went out already... Or maybe I accidentally dimmed it? anyways to adjust this?

Thanks,
Old 07-02-2010, 02:48 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silguy
I just bought a the 1st gen TSX and don't have the service manual yet and I've search w/ no definitive answer. How do I change the LED ambient/courtesy dome? Is it a pain and should I just go to the dealer? Or can I just pop off the dome light assembly and replace the bulb? What size bulb is this? Just got this car and this little light went out already... Or maybe I accidentally dimmed it? anyways to adjust this?

Thanks,
I don't know what kind of bulb the ambient use, but here are the instruction that I've found couple years back. Good Luck !

"1. Remove the two plastic pieces from the map lights.
2. Remove the two mounting screws
3. Disconnect the 3P connector from the housing
4. Disconnect the 10P connector from the ambient light
5. Carefully pry off the ambient light assembly from the map light housing while pressing in on the retaining tabs." Credit goes to Honda.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
are you talking about dome lights bulbs... or are you talking about the blue LED spotlight?

The blue one is part of the hands free unit/homelink or something if I remember correctly.

btw, to remove the whole dome light ceiling piece, there are 4 bolts... the 2 inside the map light lenses like you mentioned above as well as 2 smaller black ones inside the sunglasses holder on the ceiling.

Those directions should have said to turn off the switch and make sure there is no power before sticking metal tools in there... kind of important here.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:39 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks guys. I'm talking about the small blue LED lights. So it's part of the whole assembly. So i have to replace the whole thing looks like. damn it! It's jus the blue LED light went out...