Honda = Bad Luck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Because Of You

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda = Bad Luck?

If I got hit twice a year, did that mean driving a Honda would give me bad luck?

If this is so, what can I do to bring my luck back!!!

I still can take this mentally but the thing I can't take is that every time some shit head slammed into my car, their cars had absolutely no damage!!! This is what I hate most!!!

This time my rear bumper was flying all over the freeway (not really), and the other guy had absolutely no damage to his front end!!!! none!!! nothing!!! nada!!!!

This is NOT FAIR!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Instructor

dude i totally feel the same way. i backed into a friends car(suburban), slow crash ~2 mph and we didnt exchange paint. i gave him my paint and my bumper is a lil bent in. and before that i got into a crash with a toyota landcruser, my bumper was hanging and all she had was a small beauty mark of my paint on her bumper. but i see it as this, if our hondas can take the damage, it will only make our necks less strained if godforbid get into a high speed crash with the car absorbing all the impact energy and our bodys' stayin in one piece.

its a necessary evil to me
Old 11-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by gcjin2007
dude i totally feel the same way. i backed into a friends car(suburban), slow crash ~2 mph and we didnt exchange paint. i gave him my paint and my bumper is a lil bent in. and before that i got into a crash with a toyota landcruser, my bumper was hanging and all she had was a small beauty mark of my paint on her bumper. but i see it as this, if our hondas can take the damage, it will only make our necks less strained if godforbid get into a high speed crash with the car absorbing all the impact energy and our bodys' stayin in one piece.

its a necessary evil to me
I was talking about a freaking old yunk Nissan Sentra!!! NOT a SUV!!!. The god damn Sentra had no damage at all.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:19 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Continue to practice safe driving techniques, and use common sense.

Besides that, its not your fault so move on! :gheyhug:
Old 11-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bz268
If I got hit twice a year, did that mean driving a Honda would give me bad luck?
No, it's just a sign that you're a bad driver ;-) jk

Honda's have crumple zones....they absorb damage so you don't have to.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
No, it's just a sign that you're a bad driver ;-) jk

Honda's have crumple zones....they absorb damage so you don't have to.
How could I be a bad driver when I was not even moving!!!

Damn all the crazy bitches on the road!!!!

Got hit twice in a roll by crazy bitches!!!!

That is bad luck coming if you ask me!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man i got hit exactly one year after buying my TSX
then again on my birthday

now i dont take the TSX out on special occasions
Old 11-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Because Of You

Enough is enough!!! I am going get myself a big ass manly man truck. Got to teach those crazy bitches they can't keep on slamming into my back!!!

After I get my big ass truck, they can see who their daddy is!!! mmmaaahahahaa!!!
Old 11-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Advanced

If your TSX wasn't so sexy, the chicks won't get so close to you. Maybe they just want to get your number.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Enough is enough!!! I am going get myself a big ass manly man truck. Got to teach those crazy bitches they can't keep on slamming into my back!!!

After I get my big ass truck, they can see who their daddy is!!! mmmaaahahahaa!!!
How childish. Having your car being hit doesn't mean the car's unlucky. You are.

And by far, with every idiot that's hit me, I've never had any damage done to my car. We're talking about 4 times being hit in the rear bumper, and not one knick.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
How childish. Having your car being hit doesn't mean the car's unlucky. You are.

That's why I need something to balance the unluckiness. A big ass truck that can haul lots of lumbers ought to do the trick.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Team Owner

Your unluckiness + big truck = Big trouble.

Old 11-18-2006, 07:32 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Your unluckiness + big truck = Big trouble.

Too True Spoon!
Old 11-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by xenonhid
Too True Spoon!

<_< Why are you always calling me Spoon <_<
Old 11-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Registered Car Nut

That's why I need something to balance the unluckiness. A big ass truck that can haul lots of lumbers ought to do the trick.
Hey, if you're worried about getting hit from behind again, try a trailer hitch! I have one on my Pathfinder, and the last idiot to roll into me at a red light didn't like it one bit! Meanwhile, i scratched his paint off my hitch and drove off!
Old 11-19-2006, 02:33 AM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by ChrismanTSX
Hey, if you're worried about getting hit from behind again, try a trailer hitch! I have one on my Pathfinder, and the last idiot to roll into me at a red light didn't like it one bit! Meanwhile, i scratched his paint off my hitch and drove off!
That's why I need a real truck with a real bumper. Since that crazy bitch smashed my bumper off, I took a look inside. The real metal bumper looked really flimsy.

One thing I don't understand is that why it is always the Honda that absorbs all the forces?

One time I was waiting at the red light. That crazy bitch smashed me from behind at least 40 mph. My Honda was crushed and folded in half. My seat (with me seating on it) was broken into two pieces. My heck was hurt for 3 days. Her car only broke the front bumper and the radiator.

This time, I didn't see any damage to her car. But my rear bumper was all over the places.

Why is that???!!! Why is it always the Honda that absorbs all the forces??

One of my friends smashed his civic into the back of a truck. The front of the Civic was crushed liked a tin can. (smashed the engine valve cover off). And that truck had no damage at all. This meant that all the forces were absorbed by the Civic; not the truck.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:40 AM
Because Of You

Oh yea. back to the subject. I just changed the windshield wiper a day before I got smashed. Do you guys think at some time in space with cause and effect, changing windshield wiper will change the state of luck?

I always believe one event leads to another and another. There ought to be something (or someone) has been done to cause this event to happen.

What I need to do is to look for the pattern.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Team Owner

That's why I need a real truck with a real bumper. Since that crazy bitch smashed my bumper off, I took a look inside. The real metal bumper looked really flimsy.

One thing I don't understand is that why it is always the Honda that absorbs all the forces?

One time I was waiting at the red light. That crazy bitch smashed me from behind at least 40 mph. My Honda was crushed and folded in half. My seat (with me seating on it) was broken into two pieces. My heck was hurt for 3 days. Her car only broke the front bumper and the radiator.

This time, I didn't see any damage to her car. But my rear bumper was all over the places.

Why is that???!!! Why is it always the Honda that absorbs all the forces??

One of my friends smashed his civic into the back of a truck. The front of the Civic was crushed liked a tin can. (smashed the engine valve cover off). And that truck had no damage at all. This meant that all the forces were absorbed by the Civic; not the truck.

I don't see how you can compare the strength of a truck with a curb weight of close to 6000 lbs, and a Civic that has a curb weight of 2500 lbs.

You're going to get owned with a force that big and at that speed my friend. It's how life works
Old 11-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Team Owner

Oh yea. back to the subject. I just changed the windshield wiper a day before I got smashed. Do you guys think at some time in space with cause and effect, changing windshield wiper will change the state of luck?

I always believe one event leads to another and another. There ought to be something (or someone) has been done to cause this event to happen.

What I need to do is to look for the pattern.

Uhh.. now this is just ridiculous. How can you blame changing your windshield wiper to cause you to have more bad luck than before. Now you're just being paranoid and jumping to conclusions.

Oh, and another thing. Honda absorbs all the forces so it doesn't kill the people inside the car. Unless that's what you want.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:04 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
<_< Why are you always calling me Spoon <_<
BECAUSE YOU ARE!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:05 PM
mmmmmm....

Uhh.. now this is just ridiculous. How can you blame changing your windshield wiper to cause you to have more bad luck than before. Now you're just being paranoid and jumping to conclusions.

Oh, and another thing. Honda absorbs all the forces so it doesn't kill the people inside the car. Unless that's what you want.
this is a one lame thread... blaming on car???
Old 11-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
this is a one lame thread... blaming on car???
This usually works like this. My friend's car battery died. Couple months later, my battery would follow... by some unknown reason.

I smashed my car. month later, my friend would smash his... by some unknown reason...

this time, someone smashed his bimmer a month or two ago. He parked his brand new bimmer in front of his house. Some guy lost control and slammed into his car. The frontend was gone. $12k damage.

Month later, it was my turn. Someone slammed into me... by some unknown forces... one event after another... related? Karma? fate? I don't know.. but I want to find out why.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Team Owner

No, not karma, not fate. You just have shitty drivers around you.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:31 AM
mmmmmm....

This usually works like this. My friend's car battery died. Couple months later, my battery would follow... by some unknown reason.

I smashed my car. month later, my friend would smash his... by some unknown reason...

this time, someone smashed his bimmer a month or two ago. He parked his brand new bimmer in front of his house. Some guy lost control and slammed into his car. The frontend was gone. $12k damage.

Month later, it was my turn. Someone slammed into me... by some unknown forces... one event after another... related? Karma? fate? I don't know.. but I want to find out why.
sorry to hear that... that is weird!!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Racer

I know what yo mean......., so far ive had atleast 3 incidents where other poeple have hit me......., two in a grocery parking lot....... and the other $3,500 in damage to my rear ....when some dummy rear-ended me in traffic..... Ive never had this problem with any other cars......, never even had any accidents involving other cars before...... starting to get annoyed/bewildered..... I cant wait to move back to the country where I might have the slight possiblity to keep a nice car.......
Old 11-20-2006, 10:18 AM
3.2 VTEC

I gotta say something...this is not a movie, it's all in your head. Now you'll go saying, this is exactly like in the movies...they don't beleive me at first but then i end up being correct. Think that i know you will but i still call BS.

As far as hondas getting more damage...not really true. The damage that hondas aquire in a low speed collission is usually cosmetic. I got rear-ended with my '02 TL-S by a '98 Jeep Cherokee because a Ford Explorer rear-ended it. Now from the looks of it, my TL had no trunk left, and the SUVs were barely touched, but, this is what really happened behind the scenes. The cherokee is tall, i am low, so it hits me on top which is the soft part, just a trunk lid and no main supports whatsoever. The cherokee got hit in the frame, where is had solid metal.

Now, i looked closely at the damage (I had time, cops took 3 hours to get to the scene) and i saw that the cherokee had significant frame damage. The whole thing basically became shorter, i cud see curves all over the main frame. What's more is that a suspension arm at the front broke off the frame. Both Suv's could not start. My TL on the other hand had no frame damage at all because the frame is low. I had only cosmetic damage and my tl started perfectly fine, i actually drove off the road after i got hit so i get off the road for safety, while they couldn't move.

If you get a hitch and someone slams in it, it's still no good for your truck unless you don't care if you have a bent frame or not. The hitch is hooked up directly to the frame and although you might not see any damage from the outside, it's there.

As far as these superstitions, it has some things correct about it, but i beleive it's all in ppl's heads. For instance, i noticed that when i put my licence plates on, or when i put new frames on, i get into a little accident with the car, be it sligtly rear end sum1 or hit a mialbox haha. But it's not the licence plate thing, it's you being proud you did sumthing to your car and thinking about it more and concentrating on your driving less. Example, you get a car wash and a full tank of gas, would you pamper your car for a little bit? chanses are yes. If your car is dirty as hell and the tank is on empty, would you drive more aggressive? chanses are yes. If you get new tires would you drive more carefully? aha. Same thing goes for that, it's all in your head but yes, it affects your driving...from now on new wipers would subconsiously be a caution to you mabe if you don't even know it, just cuz u thought about it, and if you hear that sum1 gets new wipers chanses are your driving mood would change and you would be probably more distracted therefore more accident-worthy. It's all in your head.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by jdepasqu2
I know what yo mean......., so far ive had atleast 3 incidents where other poeple have hit me......., two in a grocery parking lot....... and the other $3,500 in damage to my rear ....when some dummy rear-ended me in traffic..... Ive never had this problem with any other cars......, never even had any accidents involving other cars before...... starting to get annoyed/bewildered..... I cant wait to move back to the country where I might have the slight possiblity to keep a nice car.......
Exactly!!! I had owned other brands. A chevy, a Saturn, etc.. No accident no nothing. This is my 3rd Honda. Every single one of my Honda had accident big and small!!! None whatsoever for my other cars.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by vincethe1
...and you would be probably more distracted therefore more accident-worthy. It's all in your head.
Normally I would agree with you. But every single time, my car is either parked or not moving at all!!! So, there must be some unknown external forces acting on people who drive Honda!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Team Owner

Normally I would agree with you. But every single time, my car is either parked or not moving at all!!! So, there must be some unknown external forces acting on people who drive Honda!!!

Pardon my french, but that's just retarded.

Where's joe to say fucktard when we need him.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I think you need medication
Old 11-20-2006, 01:24 PM
3.2 VTEC

Yea, you could call it anything like that but mabe it's because ppl are trying to race you more often cuz you are in a honda and wanna try the vtec hahaah, that's why u got crazy drivers around u every1 trying to catch up to you to race you. Kinda the same thing as shit always happens to the new cars. Most of the time when i see a car accident it's eather a brand new car or one that is rather late model. I had a 1991 Honda Accord EX 5MT with 212k on it and it hadn't been in an accident, just some dings. There are also some accords with over 400k on them. How come we rarely see a wrecked beater? mabe it's cuz there is not as many beaters as new cars around? mabe it's cuz new car owners show off their driving skills more? it's all a mistery
Old 11-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL

What's this guy on?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:54 PM
mmmmmm....

What's this guy on?
smoking some crack?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
smoking some crack?
Prozac.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by vincethe1
...shit always happens to the new cars.
Mine is not new at all. It has 100,000 miles on it.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
wow this thread is absolutely hilarious. man get real you just have had a couple unlucky completely random events.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
PLEASE GET MENTAL HELP IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
PLEASE GET MENTAL HELP IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know it is "random". They say the odd of winning a lotto is close to impossible. but yet.. there are people who win the jackpot every week. This can't be "random". Something must be written somewhere that say something will happen today.

and do you want some extra Prozac? I think the doc gave me too much.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Team Owner

by some unknown forces... one event after another... related? Karma? fate? I don't know.. but I want to find out why.

Hey Mulder, how about you and Scully grab a bunch of UFO friends, and come play cards with me.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Opium den in

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Hahahahahahahahhah

Quick Reply: Honda = Bad Luck?