HELP! Massachusetts TSXers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Massachusetts TSXers!

Alright since there is no type of local forum here, I have to make this type of post. I am looking for people from the Massachusetts area who have purchased their TSX in Massachusetts. I'm wondering what their experiences were with which dealerships. I am currently in talks with the Acura dealership in Seekonk, MA. The Internet Manager has given me a quote of $27,793.00 for a 2005 Black or Gray TSX Automatic with Navigation System. I believe this is a decent deal for my area of the U.S. but I was wondering if there should be any other places I should go. The guy said that he has 2 gray ones in stock and wouldn't have a problem trading 1 of them for a black one which then would take only a few days to get to his dealership. I have requested if the quote includes destination fee or not and if they're willing to install the underspoiler kit if I purchased it for free. This is my first time purchasing a new car and I've been reading up a lot but it seems like I'm going blank and don't want to make any major purchasing mistakes. Any help from local people would be greatful!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Alright since there is no type of local forum here, I have to make this type of post. I am looking for people from the Massachusetts area who have purchased their TSX in Massachusetts. I'm wondering what their experiences were with which dealerships. I am currently in talks with the Acura dealership in Seekonk, MA. The Internet Manager has given me a quote of $27,793.00 for a 2005 Black or Gray TSX Automatic with Navigation System. I believe this is a decent deal for my area of the U.S. but I was wondering if there should be any other places I should go. The guy said that he has 2 gray ones in stock and wouldn't have a problem trading 1 of them for a black one which then would take only a few days to get to his dealership. I have requested if the quote includes destination fee or not and if they're willing to install the underspoiler kit if I purchased it for free. This is my first time purchasing a new car and I've been reading up a lot but it seems like I'm going blank and don't want to make any major purchasing mistakes. Any help from local people would be greatful!
Acura of Auburn (near Worcester) is an Awesome dealership! I would have gotten mine there, but I found a dealer in CT that was closer, and had the exact car I wanted (CGP/ Ebony 6MT Navi). My first 2 Acura's came from Auburn, and I received good deals on both (95 Integra GSR and then 99 3.0 CL).

BTW, the price you are getting is average for navi (The 04 that I got in October was about $ 700 less than that price(and I got the all seaon mats, wheel locks and Teflon coat thrown in).

Good Luck on the Purchase!!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by sabby
Acura of Auburn (near Worcester) is an Awesome dealership! I would have gotten mine there, but I found a dealer in CT that was closer, and had the exact car I wanted (CGP/ Ebony 6MT Navi). My first 2 Acura's came from Auburn, and I received good deals on both (95 Integra GSR and then 99 3.0 CL).

BTW, the price you are getting is average for navi (The 04 that I got in October was about $ 700 less than that price(and I got the all seaon mats, wheel locks and Teflon coat thrown in).

Good Luck on the Purchase!!
Alright, I just got an email from the guy at First Acura, and he is saying that the price includes destination fee. So it would actually be $27,223. That looks like its $800 over invoice. I also want the Underspoiler kit and they quoted me $1,688 shipped and installed. But he would give me a 10% discount on this to make it $1,520. What do you guys think?
Old 01-26-2005, 08:59 AM
psx
'05 NBP/Ebony 6MT No-Navi

Alright, I just got an email from the guy at First Acura, and he is saying that the price includes destination fee. So it would actually be $27,223. That looks like its $800 over invoice. I also want the Underspoiler kit and they quoted me $1,688 shipped and installed. But he would give me a 10% discount on this to make it $1,520. What do you guys think?
I got mine at Clair Acura in Walpole (near Foxboro) for $25,300 (no-navi, wheel locks included, dest. fee included, 3 oil changes included). Sounds like you are getting a pretty good deal.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:07 AM

Oh ok. Well, I have two more dealerships I'd like to go to. I have a connection at Acura of Boston and a connection at Acura of Framingham. My father actually purchased my Integra at the Framingham Dealership so that should give me an even better chance at getting a very good deal. I would like to get under $500 invoice so I'm going to call up the Internet Sales Manager (my friend knows him) at Framingham Acura and see if he can better the price First Acura of Seekonk quoted me. Keep this coming because I want to see what else I can get with my car. I will request that I get the wheel locks, etc... that people are getting. Like I said this is my first purchase, but I want to get a good deal. I'm an avid ebayer so you know I like to get good deals
Old 01-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Cruisin'

Probably not much help

I don't have any quotes but I hear that Acura of Boston is very good. If you go over to the TL forum they have gotten some very good reviews.

Do you have a link to the Underspoiler kit? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by crujones_1814
I don't have any quotes but I hear that Acura of Boston is very good. If you go over to the TL forum they have gotten some very good reviews.

Do you have a link to the Underspoiler kit? Thanks.
Yeah, I actually have a connection to Acura of Boston. My friend knows the manager of all of Acura of Boston, so I'm thinking they would be able to get me a good deal (hopefully they'll have my color choice), but this guy from the Seekonk dealership is really pulling to get my business. He said that they would be giving me my first replacement set of tires for FREE! That's pretty damn good! Not only that, I get a discount of 10% off underspoiler kit plus installation and right now the price is only $800 over invoice. I just emailed the guy asking him to give me an entire list of benefits and extras that I would be getting if I went with them.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:21 AM

Oh I have no link. Its just the OEM body kit that you see everyone have on their car.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:25 AM

I was just rereading the email he sent me. And he is stating that the dealership will give me a lifetime tire replacement. Does anyone else get this perk? It seems like a great deal...I mean, I can get my tires replaced everytime it gets worn down. That's like $500+ right there.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Yeah, I actually have a connection to Acura of Boston. My friend knows the manager of all of Acura of Boston, so I'm thinking they would be able to get me a good deal (hopefully they'll have my color choice), but this guy from the Seekonk dealership is really pulling to get my business. He said that they would be giving me my first replacement set of tires for FREE! That's pretty damn good! Not only that, I get a discount of 10% off underspoiler kit plus installation and right now the price is only $800 over invoice. I just emailed the guy asking him to give me an entire list of benefits and extras that I would be getting if I went with them.

i bought mine from acura of boston and so far they have been great...i got a killer deal on my 04 on the last day of july but i am guessing a price in the ballpark of 27500 is good, especially with all those bonuses. If you want to go to acura of boston let me know, my sales guy has hooked it up for another one of my friends and his family, thats how i got the good pricing...
Old 01-26-2005, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by savage
i bought mine from acura of boston and so far they have been great...i got a killer deal on my 04 on the last day of july but i am guessing a price in the ballpark of 27500 is good, especially with all those bonuses. If you want to go to acura of boston let me know, my sales guy has hooked it up for another one of my friends and his family, thats how i got the good pricing...
What's the sales guy name? I should be ok with Acura of Boston because my friend and his family knows the General Manager of all of Acura Boston, so I should/better get a better deal, but the perks with getting one at Seekonk seems too good to pass up. I mean, Lifetime Powertrain warranty and lifetime tire replacement. Do people get this as perks? What did you get at Acura of Boston? Anything comparable to these kind of deals that First Acura of Seekonk would give me?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Engineer

What's the sales guy name? I should be ok with Acura of Boston because my friend and his family knows the General Manager of all of Acura Boston, so I should/better get a better deal, but the perks with getting one at Seekonk seems too good to pass up. I mean, Lifetime Powertrain warranty and lifetime tire replacement. Do people get this as perks? What did you get at Acura of Boston? Anything comparable to these kind of deals that First Acura of Seekonk would give me?
my deal was 27200 for the car but i got wing and metal trim kit installed for 800....so total of 28k...other than free inspection stickers for as long as i own the car and free car washes i didnt get any special warrenty's like that...

I dealt with Sam at acura of boston great guy and last time i was in there i guess the promoted him to a sales manager....
Old 01-26-2005, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by savage
my deal was 27200 for the car but i got wing and metal trim kit installed for 800....so total of 28k...other than free inspection stickers for as long as i own the car and free car washes i didnt get any special warrenty's like that...

I dealt with Sam at acura of boston great guy and last time i was in there i guess the promoted him to a sales manager....
Well.....what color combo do you have? He just said the one I'm looking for is coming in in 14-20 days. Perfect for me. They do Best Price Guarantee so I could bring in the quote that the Seekonk salesman gave me. I was thinking about it, and bringing my car to get serviced by them would be ridiculous. Its a 50 mile drive to Seekonk. With the perks, it still doesn't matter because it would put miles on my car and would be ridiculously inconvenient. I'm hoping that Sam can hook it up for me if I come in.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Hondaholic

By pitting the dealers against each other, I am fairly confident you will get below your goal of $500 over invoice.

The price on the aero kit is kind of steep though; you can buy it on eBay for around $950 shipped, and put it on yourself, or have a body shop do it for a couple hundred...

Good luck with it!
Old 01-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Engineer

Well.....what color combo do you have? He just said the one I'm looking for is coming in in 14-20 days. Perfect for me. They do Best Price Guarantee so I could bring in the quote that the Seekonk salesman gave me. I was thinking about it, and bringing my car to get serviced by them would be ridiculous. Its a 50 mile drive to Seekonk. With the perks, it still doesn't matter because it would put miles on my car and would be ridiculously inconvenient. I'm hoping that Sam can hook it up for me if I come in.

i got cg and quartz (see my sig)...let sam know i recommended you...getting a bonus for that is always nice...pm me for more info...
Old 01-26-2005, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by LannyM
By pitting the dealers against each other, I am fairly confident you will get below your goal of $500 over invoice.

The price on the aero kit is kind of steep though; you can buy it on eBay for around $950 shipped, and put it on yourself, or have a body shop do it for a couple hundred...

Good luck with it!
You would think that, but when I told the guy from Acura of Boston what my quote was from Seekonk, he was like, we're going to have to pass on that...even though they have a Best Price Guarantee at Acura of Boston. It was like he didn't want my business or something. I was totally turned off by this guy and will meet with the guy my friend's family knows. He's supposedly the head GM at Acura of Boston, so we'll see how that goes.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Cruisin'

Got mine @ Acura of Boston and got a sick deal. I got it for 26,900. Silver w/ Navi. The car had 600 miles on it when I bought it.

Check out Chris @ Acura of Boston.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by jfonz25
Got mine @ Acura of Boston and got a sick deal. I got it for 26,900. Silver w/ Navi. The car had 600 miles on it when I bought it.

Check out Chris @ Acura of Boston.
600 Miles??? Was it a trade in or demo? That's probably why you got such a great deal, it wasn't brand new. I don't want anyone to have driven my car unless it was to move it to another parking space. I'm going to see what they can offer, but I still don't understand why this guy was so defensive on the phone. I had to tell him that my main purpose of the call was not to talk price but to see availability. LOL
Old 01-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Engineer

600 Miles??? Was it a trade in or demo? That's probably why you got such a great deal, it wasn't brand new. I don't want anyone to have driven my car unless it was to move it to another parking space. I'm going to see what they can offer, but I still don't understand why this guy was so defensive on the phone. I had to tell him that my main purpose of the call was not to talk price but to see availability. LOL
yeah i was offered a dealer demo for a price like that at acura of peabody, but come on man, after the way my friend and i test drove it, do you honestly want that to be the break in period....
Old 01-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine at Ron Bouchard's Acura of Auburn this fall, 5AT non-Navi. They're awesome. And if you remember my thread about the hand controls for throttle/brake, they even took my TSX to a disability retrofitter before selling it to me. It was the best purchasing experience I've had yet.

Edit: Damn, there are a lot of us Massholes on this board.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can get the Underbody kit for like $875 shipped from Acura Dealers who sell on Ebay. That's how much mine was.

I would just buy the kit before you get the car if possible, then bring it in when you're about to buy the car and have them put it on for free. They might not go for it, but it's worth a try. You could save like $600 that way. That's a lot of dough.

Good luck!
Old 01-26-2005, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tsx536
You can get the Underbody kit for like $875 shipped from Acura Dealers who sell on Ebay. That's how much mine was.

I would just buy the kit before you get the car if possible, then bring it in when you're about to buy the car and have them put it on for free. They might not go for it, but it's worth a try. You could save like $600 that way. That's a lot of dough.

Good luck!
Really? I think I'm going to do that then. I heard the installation is not tough, so maybe I'll just do it myself. I'm also wondering if I should wait until winter is over so that I don't mess up the body kit.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by rmpage
Edit: Damn, there are a lot of us Massholes on this board.
Yeah there are. We should all have a meet sometime in the Spring or summer. I should have my TSX by then and some modifications done
Old 01-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Yeah..I got mine in December but haven't put it on because the weather has been so bad. Part of the kit attaches with 2 sided tape. So you're suppose to be in greater than 60 degree weather to install it.

If they said they will do for free though. You should work that into the package some how. That way if you end up not getting it. You can ask them to take a tiny bit off the price or throw in all weather floor mats.

Let me know if you want contact info for the seller. He was great to deal with on the kit.

Good luck!
Old 01-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Engineer

i dont want to hijack this thread but all you MA boys make sure you keep an eye on this thread...we want to have a meet later this spring, just pop in there and leave a message if you are interested....

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/boston-293016/
Old 01-26-2005, 06:53 PM

Yeah..I got mine in December but haven't put it on because the weather has been so bad. Part of the kit attaches with 2 sided tape. So you're suppose to be in greater than 60 degree weather to install it.

If they said they will do for free though. You should work that into the package some how. That way if you end up not getting it. You can ask them to take a tiny bit off the price or throw in all weather floor mats.

Let me know if you want contact info for the seller. He was great to deal with on the kit.

Good luck!
Definitely give me the info. Its factory color painted right? So its straight install when you receive it?
Old 01-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

PM sent.

It does come factory painted so you will have to give him your color code.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:16 AM

PM sent.

It does come factory painted so you will have to give him your color code.
Great, thanks! I did find a list on Ebay, but I wasn't sure if it was the same guy. The guy was selling it for $850 + $75 for shipping. You said that you got yours for $850 shipped, right? I'll probably ask for that as well. Thanks man!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Registered Abuser

Got mine at Acura of Auburn (Ron Bouchards). I also bought my RSX there two years earlier. They are good guys. I paid MSRP for a car with no Navi, + fogs + tax/title/registration. Oh and I got all season floor mats for free (big whoop). I didn't get lifetime free tires or anything like that. This was in April of 2004.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Got mine at Acura of Auburn (Ron Bouchards). I also bought my RSX there two years earlier. They are good guys. I paid MSRP for a car with no Navi, + fogs + tax/title/registration. Oh and I got all season floor mats for free (big whoop). I didn't get lifetime free tires or anything like that. This was in April of 2004.
So you have a 2005? I can understand paying MSRP for a 2005 back in April of 2004, but don't you think you could of gotten lower than that? I will definitely wait if they tell me to pay MSRP. Screw that.

One more thing, you have a history with them and they still made you pay MSRP? That's kinda weird don't you think?
Old 01-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Advanced

Props to First Acura. They treat people really well. They used to be Acura of Newport. There is an Acura dealership 10 minutes from my house (Inskip in Warwick, RI) but First Acura is so good, I drive the extra 20 minutes to have it serviced there.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by TSeXer
Props to First Acura. They treat people really well. They used to be Acura of Newport. There is an Acura dealership 10 minutes from my house (Inskip in Warwick, RI) but First Acura is so good, I drive the extra 20 minutes to have it serviced there.
The only problem I would have with them is that I would have to drive 50 mile each way to get it serviced if I had something that needed to be done and was not on the standard warranty, but the extended warranty that they offer.

I still may consider them if all fails at Acura of Boston. We'll see what happens this Saturday morning. If it doesn't work, I may be heading to First Acura. I like the guy I was conversing with there. His name was Ed Lopes. Very quick replies and seemed to really want my business.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Intermediate

I got my 05 just over a month ago. Got it at Clair Acura. I would really recommend the Internet Sales guy Warren for a good deal.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by petra73
I got my 05 just over a month ago. Got it at Clair Acura. I would really recommend the Internet Sales guy Warren for a good deal.
Thanks for the info! I'm going in this Saturday to see how things go with Acura of Boston. If all goes well, I'll bring home the paperwork Saturday and go over everything. If everything still looks good, I will go back in Sunday and finalize everything. Lets hope for the best right?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Drives With Hands

Sweet. Who'd you buy it from? How far are you from Worcester?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Registered Abuser

So you have a 2005?
I have a 2004. I don't think the 2005's came out until later on in 2004, at least August or September possibly later.

I can understand paying MSRP for a 2005 back in April of 2004, but don't you think you could of gotten lower than that? I will definitely wait if they tell me to pay MSRP. Screw that.
If there is a high enough demand for the car, you will be paying MSRP. Demand changes, so when you go to buy, the market for TSX's may have faded out a bit. They were not willing to deal at all, believe me I tried. How much you are willing to pump them for extras is up to you - personally I didn't want to spend my entire weekend at the dealer, I knew what the car cost and was prepared to pay it. If I wanted to spend less, I would have been at the Honda dealer down the street buying an Accord (Lundgren Honda in Auburn is a fantastic dealership, BTW, their service department is first rate). No I'm not made of money and I wasn't particularly happy about paying MSRP, but as mentioned, if the dealer says they are not discounting the cars due to demand, what can you do.

One more thing, you have a history with them and they still made you pay MSRP? That's kinda weird don't you think?
Demand high = you pay MSRP. They couldn't keep the things on the lot when I was buying, I just got lucky and there was a 6MT with no Navi in a color I liked.

I'd like to point out that people's experiences seem to be very dealership-specific. So unless you are willing to travel long distances and spend copious amounts of time (I wasn't willing to do either of these), you go to the dealer(s) closest to you and do the best you can. If you go to Ron Bouchards, and can get a 2005 for less than MSRP, I will congratulate you.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by rmpage
Sweet. Who'd you buy it from? How far are you from Worcester?
My salesman's name was Richard Voss. OK guy, seems like he's been a car salesman for his entire life, kinda slick. But he was very professional and accommodating. Even let me take a 2004 TL out for a test drive. Man, that thing is a rocket, I was doing about 90 on Rt 20 in no time.

I'm about 20 mins north of Worcester, right up 190.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:20 AM

I hear ya Eeyore. Well, I'm going to hope for the best and see what happens. My Integra is still running like it was new, so I have no pressure to buy quick. Its wintertime and its the end of January (gotta meet their quota for the month), so they must kiss my feet if they don't then I'm out LOL I love these freakin' smilies...
Old 01-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Registered Abuser

I hear ya Eeyore. Well, I'm going to hope for the best and see what happens. My Integra is still running like it was new, so I have no pressure to buy quick. Its wintertime and its the end of January (gotta meet their quota for the month), so they must kiss my feet if they don't then I'm out LOL I love these freakin' smilies...
I think I heard once that January is a very slow month at the dealers, so this may definitely work in your favor.

Just curious, what are your reasons for getting rid of your Integra?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Drives With Hands

I have a 2004. I don't think the 2005's came out until later on in 2004, at least August or September possibly later.
Auburn got them on the lot in early November. That's when I picked up my 2004.

I tried a TL too. I have some snap-in hand controls for traveling that I used, but I didn't trust myself with them in the TL. It was just too powerful, plus it felt a lot bigger than what I wanted.

Quick Reply: HELP! Massachusetts TSXers!