Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:33 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

Ok so i recently ordered the kit that replaces the larger pocket in my 04 TSX with a single din HU. the kit came with a 14 pin aux cable that i'm not going to need since i'm not using the Acura MP3 player but i was thinking... i wonder if it is possible to splice one end of the cable right into the new HU instead of getting a HONAUX4. after a lot of searching i finally found a good pinout for the 14pin connector and wired everything up but when i press the CD/AUX button nothing happens. the new head unit is on and playing but i'm not sure which pins tell the stock unit that there is an AUX source. anyone have any ideas?

01 - 12V constant
02 - accessory
03 - ground
04 - ground
05 - Right Channel (+)
06 - Left Channel (+)
07 - 12V constant
08 - illumination (+)
09 - BUS (+)
10 - BUS (-)
11 - ground
12 - illumination (-)
13 - Right Channel (-)
14 - Left Channel (-)
Old 04-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Let me get this straight, in the place of the OEM MP3 player (pocket) you've mounted a single DIN head unit. You're using the outputs from it to go into the aux input where the MP3 player or tape deck would go into on the stock head unit. If I'm correct with those two assumptions, it more than likely won't work. The aux input for the MP3 player/tape deck is like a CD changer input on an aftermarket head unit. It wants to control the source. If it can't identify what's plugged into it, it won't activate the input. The HONAUX4 emulates a secondary (external) CD changer or XM unit depending on how its set up. It makes the factory head unit think that it's a factory accessory and passes the sound from your iPod/Zune/MP3 player or whatever else you want to hook up to it to the factory installed head unit. I hope this makes sense.