Hello from a newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003 | 01:05 AM
Instructor

Hello from a newbie!

Hi everyone, I am new to this board and this is my first post. I am in the market to buy a 2004 TL until I test drove a TSX this morning. I was quite impressed on the responsiveness and overall handling.

What I would like to ask you as TSX owners is what you like about your car and what areas you might like to see an improvement. Any recommendations or comments will be appreciated.

I currently own a 04 E500 and 02 Mini Cooper S. We are looking into a 3rd car for the wife. TIA for your input.
Old 10-09-2003 | 01:54 AM
Drifting

Well, I have had my TSX since July and I love it. There are a few areas of improvement in the way of rattles and such, but overall it's a tremendous car. You sacrifice a few features by going with the TSX (memory seats, heated mirrors, etc), but it's only a few little things. There's nothing that detracts from the ownership or driving experience.

I saw the TL for the first time yesterday, and while I thought it was impressive, I'm not so sure I like it over my TSX. The interior style is definitely nicer in the TSX, but of course the interior features of the TL are far superior. If your wife could use bluetooth, 5.1 sound, and XM radio, more power to her.

But if I were you I'd buy her a TSX. Make it a Carbon Gray with Quartz interior.
Old 10-09-2003 | 02:05 AM
Instructor

Jason, when you mean "You sacrifice a few features by going with the TSX (memory seats, heated mirrors, etc)"

i am not sure about US-Spec but Canadian-Spec have heated mirrors
^^;;
Old 10-09-2003 | 02:22 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by chocodai
Jason, when you mean "You sacrifice a few features by going with the TSX (memory seats, heated mirrors, etc)"

i am not sure about US-Spec but Canadian-Spec have heated mirrors
^^;;
oops, sorry, I forgot you're from the land to the North.
Old 10-09-2003 | 03:34 AM
More On

Re: Hello from a newbie!

Originally posted by benggolf
Hi everyone, I am new to this board and this is my first post. I am in the market to buy a 2004 TL until I test drove a TSX this morning. I was quite impressed on the responsiveness and overall handling.

What I would like to ask you as TSX owners is what you like about your car and what areas you might like to see an improvement. Any recommendations or comments will be appreciated.

I currently own a 04 E500 and 02 Mini Cooper S. We are looking into a 3rd car for the wife. TIA for your input.
First of all, great taste in cars, and welcome! We don't hear much on this site about either the E500 or the Mini, but most of us are intrigued by both. Seems like either the TSX or the TL would make it a great threesome.

I've had my TSX since April. You may be interested to know that I actually traded in an '03 TL-S for the TSX, and, even though I had to pay out a considerable amount of money along with the trade-in, I feel it's the best deal I ever made. But that's very subjective, of course; a big part of it is just that I much prefer the TSX-size of car. The TL was just too big for me. But I also love the sportier feel and superior handling of the TSX.

Having tried the new TL, in my admittedly-biased view the TSX has the same advantages that it did over the "old" TL, although to a lesser degree.

My one wish about the TSX is that its ride were a bit more comfortable. The majority of the time it's great -- amazingly smooth, and so quiet. But on rough roads, and especially on bad bumps (like expansion joints), you really feel the "thump" (although it's just a SINGLE thump; the car re-stabilizes immediately). I thought the new TL might be a signficant improvement in this regard, but I didn't find that to be so. However, some other people feel that it is.

Best of luck whatever you choose!
Old 10-09-2003 | 05:07 AM
Intermediate

I've had my TSX for two months now and I have had no quality issues at all. It's as tight as the day I picked it up and I love this car. One of the best I've owned so far. I have not yet had a chance to drive the new TL so I can't comment on it, but I've driven my in-laws TL (2002) many times and the TSX is a very different car.

If your wife has the same preferences as mine does, the question will ultimately be ride. My wife could care less about power or handling/braking performance. She looks at comfort, ride, looks, and practicality......especially the number and placement of the coffee cup holders

This is a good thing because my daughters (2 of 3 drive) as well as my wife prefer to take the "family car" which is a 2001 Sebring LXi and the less they drive my TSX, the better.

I would have liked to have the memory seat function though.

Have fun choosing,

Lawrie
Old 10-09-2003 | 09:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

wow

e500, miniS, and TSX

what a combo!!