Has anyone used the "apply for financing" link on the Acura.com site?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone used the "apply for financing" link on the Acura.com site?

I'm going to get a new TSX in a few months and I'm curious what interest rate they will offer me. Last time I checked I had a credit score of 761. This will be my second car purchase. First one new though.

So if fill out all the info on the Acura site for financing will they give me an immediate rate?? Or through mail? telephone? Has anyone filled it out??

If I fill it out I dont want them calling me everyday to buy a car.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:28 AM
SI Drive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you fill out your information on the site, they basically pre-approve you. But once you're in the dealership they'll still ask you to fill out a credit app. So basically, it's almost a waste of time.

And for the awesome credit score. I think you should be able to get prime without any problems. But depending on when the last time you checked your credit score, you may want to check it again to make sure there aren't any erroneous items in it.

My advice to you is to go to the dealership and test drive the car. If you like it, then negotiate the price of the car. After that's said and done, you can then negotiate the financing. One step at a time so they don't use the stupid 4-square thing that they do to confuse you. Just keep 2 numbers in your head price of the car and interest rate for financing.

And remember that if the dealer doesn't give you a good interest rate, then you can always loan shop through your local credit union or go to CapitalOne.com at this link: http://www.capitalone.com/autoloans/...ME_H1_02_G_AC1

Feel free to PM if you have any more questions. I can also refer you over to a couple of dealers here in CA and relay to you my experiences with them.