Halt Modding till Spring?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halt Modding till Spring?

This is my first fall/winter that I'll be spending with my very first car. I was planning to get UR pulleys but after seeing how badly it rains now (with chances of snow), it doesn't seem like I would be able to enjoy new mods till the weather clears up a bit. So should I go ahead and wait till spring (march/april) comes around and then start buying/installing my mods (headers)?

Right now I'm more worried about driving around safely and trying to see instead of doing spirited driving.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:21 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
safety first man...

and you shoudl just save up for something that you really want..!!

IMHO, suspension should be first on your list, since our cars aren't fast to begin with, but is one of the best handling cars out there...so drop the car (look good), and improve handling (spirited driving)

cuz I hear pullies alone don't do much
Old 11-29-2007, 09:10 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
I beg to differ pullies do something
you just won't notice it because in daily driving you dont need that extra pull.

Its even better if your stick with pulleys for my car being i got stuck with an auto the pulleys still do something, just daily driving you can't feel that their affecting the car.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Racer

I'm on the verge of removing the tein basics on my mod list because I feel that my car is low enough already and it is stock! I say this because I'm now paranoid about scratching the bottom of my front bumper when going through bumps and uneven slopes.

Are there anyone out there who mods their car despite the season?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

I have the euroR front lip sitting in my garage...waiting 'til the spring to get the rest of my kit and put it on. I don't really see any benefit in modding during the winter.

btw, i don't know how you think the car is low enough. i've been lowered for 8 months now and have had no problems with curbing.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How about a speaker upgrade? Its something you'll enjoy regardless of the weather.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 PM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zyuan10
I'm on the verge of removing the tein basics on my mod list because I feel that my car is low enough already and it is stock! I say this because I'm now paranoid about scratching the bottom of my front bumper when going through bumps and uneven slopes.

Are there anyone out there who mods their car despite the season?

i'd disagree. it's not low enough, but yeah, depending on where you live/drive, you can still scrape.

i know i scraped the lower air spoiler underneath the front on a driveway and i didn't have my lip on then. and just today, i scraped the bottom part of my euro-r lip on another driveway which i thought was clear (never had issues before...probably angled it wrong). it's a bitch.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Racer

^^^Exactly! I have the same thing happened to me when I tried to use a sloped driveway to turn around. I never thought about the bottom of the bumper could actually be scratched on a driveway...

As for the speakers suggestion... i actually never thought of that haha. I'm satisfied with the stock ones and I want to get done with performance stuff first.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Working on cars in the winter sucks. Nothing wants come loose. Your hands freeze. The rest of you freezes. Things are more likely to break. Plastic gets brittle.

Save yourself the frustration and wait until the weather is nice enough that you won't mind spending the whole day outside if you run into problems and the project takes longer than you planned.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Fella

from the end of november to the beginning of january... i don't buy anything... not because of the season... but because of the shipping... it sucks this time of year.... as for the op... suspension is a good mod... that is the first thing i'm gonna do to my car... though the car fairly handles well... i can't take turns going 60... i have to limit going 40 on turns because of the suspension....
Old 11-29-2007, 07:47 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
I agree speakers is a nice mod since it be all the time plus the rear bass sucks and some of the speakers sound a bit muddy.

i swapped out for infinity kappas.

your going to scrape even at stock height theres just no way to prevent it unless you do what i do now literally make a full stop then attempt to clear the driveway (changing habits)
I never scrape now with tein basics. My friends find it quiet annoying though sometimes i stop in the middle of the road to clear a driveway entrance.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:40 PM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol. yeah, now whenever i approach a driveway, i'm going to have to remind myself--slow, angle, don't scrape.