It had to happen...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrismanTSX
I was also looking at the 3M clear bra, because the paint is really fragile. Where did you have it done?
I had mine done in Mississauga, at a chipguard place (chipguard.com). Significantly less expensive than the place in the Tri-Cities. (250 versus 450) I dunno why.... less competition? They also gave me the rear view mirrors for free. So far, I have absolutely no complaints.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by ebell
Me, on parc la fontaine and sherbrooke area.

My car was parked and the guy got my rear bumper trying to parallel park behind my car. I was lucky getting him before he drove away. I didn't actually see him damaging my car, but there was fresh paint on his front bumper and the height matched. And police was involved at the scene later on, and the guy who "hit" my car never denied.

I guess he's settling a payment options with my insurance company. I have 0% liability b/c my car was parked tight in the space

What did ur insurance tell u?
THey told me that if I didn't have anyone on an accident report, that it is considered like an "at-fault" accident, deductible and all!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by Overtaxed
I had mine done in Mississauga, at a chipguard place (chipguard.com). Significantly less expensive than the place in the Tri-Cities. (250 versus 450) I dunno why.... less competition? They also gave me the rear view mirrors for free. So far, I have absolutely no complaints.
Thanks for the info... At least, I have a price to compare to when I get quotes.

I see they can ship the kit to install yourself. Is this something that I should be able to do?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Racer

Thanks for the info... At least, I have a price to compare to when I get quotes.

I see they can ship the kit to install yourself. Is this something that I should be able to do?
I read it requires skill++.....

I'm a klutz, so didn't even want to try.

Don't know if I specified:

$250 for hood, fenders (and they threw in rear view mirrors)

Getting the bumper done as well will increase the cost significantly.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:56 AM
Regular Acurazine lurker

Definitely let them do it for you. Clearbra installation is not something easy, trust me.

I have it on my entire hood + a piller + fender + front roof on my corolla XRS for $550 (that's right i don't have any acura but like to lurk around cause you guys have good info) I did it with trimsign http://www.trimsign.com/ (located on Hymus, so not too far from your neighborhood i guess, btw I live in pierrefonds.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by wkl_lau
Definitely let them do it for you. Clearbra installation is not something easy, trust me.

I have it on my entire hood + a piller + fender + front roof on my corolla XRS for $550 (that's right i don't have any acura but like to lurk around cause you guys have good info) I did it with trimsign http://www.trimsign.com/ (located on Hymus, so not too far from your neighborhood i guess, btw I live in pierrefonds.
Welcome. I have such a soft spot for the Toyota Corolla... If I had money to burn, I'd have one in my driveway (3rd car), just for nostalgic reasons (I really loved that car and still do.)

How do you like your XRS?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered Car Nut

I read it requires skill++.....

I'm a klutz, so didn't even want to try.

Don't know if I specified:

$250 for hood, fenders (and they threw in rear view mirrors)

Getting the bumper done as well will increase the cost significantly.
They want $165 CDN for the basic kit (fenders, hood and mirrors) or $195 for an extended kit... if I could get it for $250 installed, I'll have it done! I'm normally pretty good with this kind of work, but this seems like a project you can easily mess up, and have to order new product...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered Car Nut

Thanks for that info! This is awesome. These guys are not 10 minutes from my house! I'll give them a call to get a quote!
Old 01-12-2007, 05:59 AM
Regular Acurazine lurker

Welcome. I have such a soft spot for the Toyota Corolla... If I had money to burn, I'd have one in my driveway (3rd car), just for nostalgic reasons (I really loved that car and still do.)

How do you like your XRS?
Hey guys thanks for the comments, I love my XRS (black, with modify grill) actually this is my first stick shift and it's no going back. So much better control.

As for the car I love the engine, drive normally it's like any other corolla, but once you hit lift @6k rpm it feels like a totally different car (u honda people should this better than me). The clutch, however, feels strange and too sudden. Also since they firm up the suspension the ride is more bumpy. With the porthole here in montreal sometimes it feels like you got beaten up after driving.

And BTW, this is another place you guys can try for clear bra: http://www.ultracar.com/

They do other services, but for clear bra I prefer trimsign.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:23 AM
Intermediate

Sorry to hear about your car. It is a good thing you found the person who caused the damage.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Registered Car Nut

And BTW, this is another place you guys can try for clear bra: http://www.ultracar.com/

They do other services, but for clear bra I prefer trimsign.
Another member here gave me their info as well: I will probably go see them for an alarm/remote starter system. But if you were happy with Trimsign's work, I'd go there myself!

As for the XRS, sounds almost like a VTEC. The TSX really goes at 6100 rpm, but below, the engine feels pretty much a 4-cyl Accord.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Regular Acurazine lurker

As for the XRS, sounds almost like a VTEC. The TSX really goes at 6100 rpm, but below, the engine feels pretty much a 4-cyl Accord.
Same for me, XRS has no toque at all so it takes very extreme driving style to use the extra performance. Since I am new to stick i am very suck at it in fact I got beaten by an 5AT TSX once (I shift too early @ 4000RPM, and the rest is history)

Old 01-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Racer

wkl_lau, love it! Thanks for the pic.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Registered Car Nut

Finally

After a month of discussing with the people responsible for the ding in my door, they decided not to pay for the damage, and let the insurance deal with that. So, a few weeks later, my baby is finally in the shop, getting some cosmetic surgery.

I'm picking her up tomorrow, after 3 days of driving a rental Dodge Dakota 4x4. I would have normally been upset, but given the 10 inches of snow we just received, I'm not going to complain.

This being said, I hope they did a good job with the repair and that she'll be as good as new!
Old 02-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Racer

What year Dak did they give you? I have a 2000, and so far have had no problemes with it. Its a GREAT truck, and the 4.7L v8 really gets it. I had to use the 4x4 this last week, sure am glad I have it.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:54 PM
VSA Rocks

Here is a view of most of the door panel:

and a close up of the damage:
Just a thought....

Assuming the pictures aren't unrepresentative of the real damage, it looks like that could've been taken care of using paintless dent repair.

I've had tons of really bad dents/dings pulled out and buffed for less than $100 per panel.

Sorry about your incident. Look on the bright side, at least your wife doesn't give you dings on a monthly basis in your own garage.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by kennungesser
What year Dak did they give you? I have a 2000, and so far have had no problemes with it. Its a GREAT truck, and the 4.7L v8 really gets it. I had to use the 4x4 this last week, sure am glad I have it.
Must have been an '07 (maybe an '06), with only 800 miles on it. Worked great, and drove OK (quite good for a pick-up). The V8 is very nice, responds well. Takes a heck of a lot of gas, though...

Loved the 4x4 in the snow: we got 8 inches of snow, so it was great to have the 4x4!
Old 02-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Just a thought....

Assuming the pictures aren't unrepresentative of the real damage, it looks like that could've been taken care of using paintless dent repair.

I've had tons of really bad dents/dings pulled out and buffed for less than $100 per panel.

Sorry about your incident. Look on the bright side, at least your wife doesn't give you dings on a monthly basis in your own garage.
What the pictures don't show very well is the depth and sharpness of the dents... and the damage to the paint. I had it looked at by 2 body shops and the insurance evaluator and they all agreed that the door would require a paint job...

Hmmm... if my wife gave me dings on a monthly basis, I'd be pissed!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Registered Car Nut

She's baaaaaack!

Picked up my car on Thursday. Looks as beautiful as ever; they really did a good job on the paint! Can't see any of the indentation anymore, she looks like new!

Back to parking the hell away from anyone, at the end of the parking lots, and hoping nothing like this will happen to her again!
Old 02-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Racer

Congrats!! Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Also nice to see you liked the truck, lol. Unfortunately, you are correct about it being a gas hog. Thank God it only takes 87oct.
At the time I bought the Acura, none of the Dodge cars did anything for me. For the price anyway. And after comparing both Dodge and Acura build quality, there really wasn't a comparison. Too bad, But I am sure glad I didn't get that Rams head tatoo, lol.

Ken
Old 02-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Have camera, will travel

Congrats on the repair turning out well. Nothing pisses me off more than door dings. Three+ years for me and not a ding yet *knocks on wood* Here's hoping for more
Old 03-05-2007, 07:15 PM
beware of perverts

After a month of discussing with the people responsible for the ding in my door, they decided not to pay for the damage, and let the insurance deal with that. So, a few weeks later, my baby is finally in the shop, getting some cosmetic surgery.

I'm picking her up tomorrow, after 3 days of driving a rental Dodge Dakota 4x4. I would have normally been upset, but given the 10 inches of snow we just received, I'm not going to complain.

This being said, I hope they did a good job with the repair and that she'll be as good as new!
You're so lucky to have caught that person! I didn't know who hit me so I have to pay $300 to fix the bumper or leave it as others suggested.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by waTSX
Congrats on the repair turning out well. Nothing pisses me off more than door dings. Three+ years for me and not a ding yet *knocks on wood* Here's hoping for more
I wish you at least another 3 years of "no dings"... Now, I'm hoping to be spared too!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by mypoorTSX
You're so lucky to have caught that person! I didn't know who hit me so I have to pay $300 to fix the bumper or leave it as others suggested.
I don't know about you, but leaving it unrepaired wasn't an option. I just couldn't look at that gash in the driver's side door!