Grettings from the Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 01:41 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grettings from the Newbie!

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to introduce myself to this forum. Im soon to be the proud new owner of a Nighthawk Black/Navi/Wing Spoiler/Fog Lights/on SilverStar Rims Acura TSX!!! Im so psyched!
Ever since acura said they were going to introduce the Euro Accord as the TSX here i couldnt stop my heart from beating so fast!!
Currently Im a proud owner of a 1991 Acura Grey Legend L Coupe. This car was my baby and one helluva sweet ride and the car Ive wanted since i was in high school. But alas, i'll be moving to NYC soon (i live in Los Angeles currently) so i shall be selling my car so that I may get my anxious hands behind the wheel of a european inspired driving machine!!

My only decision to make is whether or not I will get the 6MT or 5AT.

I am also a proud member of the acura-legend forums and Ive been reading up on the forums here and getting to know what my peers are like and I'm glad to find out that true Acura enthusiasts stick together!

As soon as I get my car, I will be sure to post up pics gleaming over my car like a man with his award winning trophy!

This is my Baby (her names Serenity!) right now!

Old 05-23-2004, 02:26 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Congrats and welcome.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:38 AM
UK Spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it me or NHB is really starting to catch on!

here in Van, i think the PWP heat has finally died now
and ppl are getting NHB's ehehe
Old 05-23-2004, 02:51 AM
Advanced

Legend718,

For god's sake, find a way to keep 'em both. I just retired my '91 Legend (it got broken into and got thrashed) for a TSX. I LOVE the TSX - it's an awesome machine. But if I could have a cherry Legend to park next to it, I'd die happy.

I think you'll find the TSX feels tighter, fresher, more agile, while still seeing (and feeling) the ghost of the old G2 Legend throughout the machine. It is truly a better machine. But it isn't the Legend. The old Legend has a solidity, and also a little more low-end torque, than the TSX.

If you can find a way to keep them both, you won't regret it.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:35 AM
10th Gear

ExHack
I know exactly what you mean! I still believe the Legend still surpasses in refinement and build quality compared to some of the current acuras. But now that the TSX is here in the states, its like Im a my enthusiasm has jumped to a whole new level! Though the Legend has a stronger engine due to a v6 (oh baby can she run!!) the TSX is...well....you guys know her better than I do!! What else can be said?? Words cant express my excitement! Its amazing what honda can do with NA engines; the same HP (200) in a smaller engine. But yes, the torque is weaker (167 in the TSX 210 in the Legend).
I really wish I could keep them both, but I have decided it is in my best financial interests to sellf the car and use the money towards a down payment when I get back the NYC to get my new TSX (Serenity II, yes i have a name for her already like a parent expecting child!).

Oh man! To be able to take a picture with them side by side!!!! Wait a min...gotta wipe off some drool off my lip!!

(Hmmm....I think Im gonna make another post to see if anyone can get a picture of them side by side!)

NeoChaser
Oh man!~ That sexy baby can look good in almost anything she wears dont she???? But yes, Nighthawk Black Pearl is what I got my eyes set on ever since the car came out! I just cant wait!