GREAT DAY,...THANK YOU ACURA OF HAMILTON (really long w pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005 | 09:57 PM
Senior Moderator

GREAT DAY,...THANK YOU ACURA OF HAMILTON (really long w pics)

Hey everyone,
When we bought our car at the end of August from Acura of Hamilton we were included in a special promotion they had going for the next 11 buyers of TSX's. Today all of us recent TSX purchasers from Acura of Hamilton got to enjoy our own cars (as we drove to the race track) and then some F2000 race cars (on the race track). The dealership paid for all of us (over 500 a person,.......but I am sure they got a pkg deal) to go to the bridgestone racing academy at Mosport to drive their F2000 race cars for half a day. The school has half, full, and weekend pkg's, where the weekend ones include a ton of track time and a few races if I remember correctly. Anyway, we got to do this half day thing,...............and it was AWESOME. I have to go back and do it again,.......hopefully I will be able to afford a full day or weekend thing,...but thats EXPENSIVE.

These cars were so much fun to drive and were pretty darn fast. Few quick specs,........2.0L racing engine, non synchro gear box, 0-60 (100kph) in about 5 sec, cars can hit 105kph in 1st gear, carbon metalic brakes etc. These cars had some pretty serious speed to say the least. Keeping the power between 3000rpm's and 5500rpm's (which we were told to do if we wanted to go fast) meant a good deal of acceleration power. Redlining the car in 3rd gear you are going 167kph. One the straight if you could get it into fouth (they break you up into slow and fast groups,.........I was in the fast one OF COURSE) you probably get up to about 190 or so before you have to brake. I forgot to ask how fast we would be going in 4th at the end of the straight at about 3500rpms. I admit I never went into 4th because there is only a bit of track left before braking and I was not sure if I could heel and toe downshift TWO gears in a row really fast going those speeds,.....so I was a bit cautious. I wish the straight was a bit longer,.....cause that would easliy get the cars over 200kph. We were not on the big Mosport track the American LeMans cars etc use..........but it was a pretty good little track. I went off the course once cause I took a corner going a little too fast,....LOL,..but no big deal. Got the backend to step out once or twice too, but corrected and was fine. I took some pics but not that many,.......sorry, but I will explain why. My dad was going to take lots of pics and some video with my digital camera as a spectator but that didnt work out as we thought. A few ppl didnt show up (dunno why, but they missed out) so a few of the people that came to watch (including my dad) ended up getting to drive with the rest of us. So,........no camera man anymore,...but I got a few pics and Im happy my dad got to drive with us. The dealer highered a pro to snap some shots and we will get those in the mail in a few weeks. I will get them scanned somewhere and put them up later,......dunno how many pics though.

With the half day course, we went around the track in groups of two following an instructor (after being broken up into two totally seperate groups of slower and faster drivers). The better you do following, the more the instructor pushes you. At one point I was alone with an instructor (other guy went off track and you have to go to the pits to have the car checked if that happends) and I was driving hard,......so he started pushing me hard. We were flying around the track,...and my dad (who was in the pits at this time) commented that he noticed how fast we were going compared to mostly everyone else. This part was the most exciting part of the day,...............no one to slow you down a bit more than you would like and the instructor doesnt have to wait for ppl falling behind even if you are keeping up etc,........instructor pushing you,.......so much fun.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but I thought I would share. I am very grateful to Tony, the general manager of the dealership who organized the whole thing AND paid for it all hehe. We also got free hats, key chains, polo style shirt, and food besides all the racing stuff.

I had an AWESOME time, and I think that we should organize a day for Acuraziners next summer or something if ppl are interested and want to do this. Depending on how much ppl want to pay (if ppl are actually interested,.........we could make it a full day or full weekend course and actually race each other.

If you made it this far,....good for you, here are some pics. I dunno how to post them in the text like everyone does,............mine always end up as links. Ill try putting one or two in the text,....but they might be huge,....we'll see what happends. If things are messed up or too big,....ill put links or something.

Thanks,
Steve

PICS!!! The black TSX beside the black RL (managers car,.....REALLY NICE) is mine.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-17-2005 | 10:08 PM
Senior Moderator

OH NO,...............can a moderator please get rid of this one please. How did this end up happening,......geez sorry everyone.