Got a ticket i'm fighting = first time in court....advice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a ticket i'm fighting = first time in court....advice?

Ok just make it really quick, this is what happened. I am driving behind a Ford Explorer who is driving behind some little civic type car. The civic stops shorts to turn left across a double yellow in the left lane of a 2 lane road (2 lanes both directions, but not a highway....big shoulders). The Explorer was either not paying attention of being lazy and and had to slam on his brakes causing me to have to slam on my brakes. I look in the rear view mirror and see BRIGHT headlights moving in on me FAST. I was like crap i am not getting into another accident so i quickly look right, and put my blinker on and move over to to the right lane real quick and proceed down the road. Well, the Explorer was pissed about the civic stopping short and accelerated quickly and then cut me off to turn right into a gas station. Again, slamming on my brakes i quickly put on my blinker and swerved into the left lane to avoid hitting him. During the left dodge i cut a cop off who immediately put his lights on and pulled me over. He got out quick and was pissed off from the start! He asked for my stuff and i asked him very politly if he was the guy behind me that almost hit me that cause me to move and his reply was "no, i was the guy you cut off! It was either you or the SUV and then you cut me off!" So bascially, pissed off cop took out the young kid in the hot car who tried to avoid an accident. He gave me a ticket for Careless Driving for $101.50. I will gladly pay the ticket but that type of ticket is 3 points in PA and i don't want my insurance going up for something like that.

I am fighting it and have already sent in the check signing not guilty line and going to get a court date. This will be my first time every having to do this and just want some advice because i know nothing of how this goes down. The only other good thing that my mom knows the judge but i have never met her. If she puts my name together with my mom it may help but i don't want to go name dropping. So aside from that, suggestions??

EDIT: Sorry, wasn't all that quick....lol
Old 04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
You'll get more help in Off-Topic. Please post this over there.