Good Words for service dept. of Acura Casavant

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Good Words for service dept. of Acura Casavant

My dealership, Acura Casavant of St-Hyacinthe, Qc has so far been giving me a service that I would qualify as near perfect. When I see some of you guys reporting some shady practices, I believe it is definitely worth mentionning when a dealer makes a point of honour in delivering their best service.

As some of you may know, I've brought my car in on Monday for the extensive 96,000km maintenance. I requested that a compression test be done, as well as a TKO (intake manifold/TB/injector cleaning), all of which have been done. They naturally provided me with a replacement car for the day.

I was late getting it back, so service was closed when I came back. The sales dept was still open, so since the invoice for the work was somewhat confused, the salesperson just handed me the keys and told me to just show up tomorrow to discuss it with the service manager. Which I did. I had noticed they had changed my brake oil, which wasn't part of the schedule, but was pretty dirty anyway. They hadn't been able to join me despite their calling attempts, so the manager decided to go ahead with the oil change, "knowing", like he told me, "that I was very meticulous with the car's maintenance, and that I would most probably get it done". Although I asked him to hold it next time if he had some issues, I was pretty impressed to see that they knew me pretty well, and to me it's something pretty important in customer/dealer relations.

Other than that, small confusions on the billing were resolved before I had even the time to notify the manager, which is also a very nice initiative in keeping a customer happy.

But I've been noticing lately that they are willing to go out of their way to satisfy their customers.
-I don't believe a complete interior / exterior wash was part of the scheduled maintenance, yet the boys had done it and the car was spotless when I took delivery of it again.
-It has happenned that I had some small chips, and when I was asking the service guys if they had some touch-up paint I could buy to take care of it, they said "nevermind, we'll do it for you", and took care of it.
-They have always offered me a replacement car, even if it was for a simple oil change, the car has been made available.
-At some point a part went defective, but I hadn't even noticed, but during maintenance they found out, and ordered a replacement part and notified me they would change it the next time I'd be in for maintenance.
-Just when my warranty was about to go, they agreed with me to examine the car and see if there were issues to get them resolved before the warranty was out. They resolved a few rattles I had on the car.

Well, these are little things that are worth mentionning. I'm glad I have a good dealership who makes a point of giving a good quality service. I also believe that the fact that I'm pretty cool and laid back with them probably helps, maybe motivating them to go an extra step to build a good relationship, knowing it might reward them somewhere along the line.

Anyways, props to Acura Casavant.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Props to your service department. Considering how many kms you put on your car they probably see you quite often for scheduled service.

jlukja, who wonders how far it is to Acura Casavant of St-Hyacinthe, Qc from Long Beach.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
Props to your service department. Considering how many kms you put on your car they probably see you quite often for scheduled service.

jlukja, who wonders how far it is to Acura Casavant of St-Hyacinthe, Qc from Long Beach.
jlukja, you will need to update your avatar soon. Who will be the next Bond?
Old 07-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Evil Empire Peon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to Street & Trips, 2,898.3 mi, one-way.

By the time you get back, it'll be time to drive to the dealership to get another oil change.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll need to look into it, but it would be roughly 4700km or 2950 miles away.

Edit, Doh! Revenent just beat me to it.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told when I took delivery of my car about the loaner program (impressed the hell outta my wife; she doesn't get a loaner from the Nissan dealer unless it's going to be >3 days in shop), and also about the interior/exterior cleaning. My wife nearly fainted at that, plus the fact that my dealership has a drive-in/thru "bay" (for lack of a better word) for service (no more leaving the car in the lot, trudging through rain/snow etc). Haven't brought the car in for any service yet (I've had it 2 weeks now, but have only put on 60 miles...) but I"m looking forward to it!