The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 10:12 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Went for a nice long drive tonight.

The Good: Pushed it past 5k for the first time...right up to 6k The car pulled very nicely...and the engine sounded sweet. Loved every minute of it. Can't wait to hit vtec. Whipped the car around some sweeping turns, kept the engine revving high...what a blast.

The Bad: MORE rattles, vibrations, and noises. I had my radio off the whole time so its not the usual noises. I am hearing a creaking or rattling from my driver side window. Its very low...but I can definately hear it. I'm also hearing slight rattles from the back. I think its those plastic covers to fold down the seats. As soon as I saw these things I thought they might end up being a problem. And lastly i am hearing something from the back window. Like a ticking or rubbing sound every once in a while. Like its coming loose. All of these sounds are very slight and low. I only hear them because I am trying very hard to find any noises. I dont know what to do though. I think I will just wait untill my first service and then just leave it with the dealer for them to figure it out. It may be tough though..because all these rattles and vibrations are very slight..and they come and go depending on the road surface. As soon as i open the sunroof, turn on the radio...the slight rattles are drowned out. Anyways, just a bit annoying and frustrating.

The Ugly: Lots of bugs and dirt on my car. My baby needs a wash!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Drifting

Glad to read about your engine, sorry to read about your rattles. May I suggest volume 28?
Old 07-22-2003, 11:10 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Jason
May I suggest volume 28?
Ya but then my pass door, and door locks will rattle

Trust me, one way or another my car will be eventually be completely rattle free inside.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Dude...Sometimes I wonder if people hear things cuz someone told them to. I think the window regulator is the problem here. I'm sure there will be a service bulliten on it soon. As far as gettin a car with zero rattles...I hope you live somewhere with really nice roads. Hawaii people need not reply.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:20 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by swami
Dude...Sometimes I wonder if people hear things cuz someone told them to. I think the window regulator is the problem here. I'm sure there will be a service bulliten on it soon. As far as gettin a car with zero rattles...I hope you live somewhere with really nice roads. Hawaii people need not reply.
I hope you are right about the window regulator, but like I said there are new and different noises, some coming from the back. I am going to get someone to sit in the back while I drive to confirm exatly where they are coming from.

Its not a HUGE deal, but an annoyance.