Generally speaking...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread was started by a Just because your daddy couldn't afford to buy you a nice car doesn't mean you should bash other people's parents. My dad had stopped working due to lung cancer the year prior to my purchase, and although we were financially unstable he still cared enough to buy me a car because he felt i deserved to drive around safely AND comfortably as opposed to a beater. Don't go around bashing everybody's parents when you don't know the half of it please, just shut up and Mods please close this thread.. it's worthless..
Old 09-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Finding my TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So im 17, had the tsx since i was 16, and ive never done anything stupid in it, nor do i plan to. examples:

Street Racing- no, I understand its not a race car so there is no point
"Rice"ing it- Used to have a cold air intake, took it out within 3 months, didnt suit the luxury aspect of the car, all i have now is a trunk lip spoiler, and blue led's on the interior.
Taking care of it- The tsx is one of the most slick sedans out there, and i treat it that way.

See, all of us teenagers that have TSX's arent spoiled and stupid. I pay for 200 dollars of the 500 dollar payments each month, paid for all mods and maintainance. And i agreed to keep this car for atleast another 3-4 years, until i can afford my to buy my own car, or DESERVE something better. thanks, thats my rant.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 30 Posts
Can I voice my opinion here?

First off, I am 16, going on 17 and the TSX was my first car. (Hopefully) like many other teenagers, I paid for a chunk of my own car. I've been buying/selling sneakers for the past 4 (or so) years and believe it or not, it has made me some decent money. Along with some money I saved up from selling sneakers (plus saved up birthday/Christmas money) I had $8,000 to put towards a car. My grandma put $10k towards my cousins car, and since I am her only other grandson, she feels obligated to treat us equally and put $10k towards my car. The rest (10k or so) is being paid off by my father.

Why did I put forth my own hard earned cash for a car? Because that's what it was. Hard earned cash, that I worked hard for, for my car. And it's given me an immensely different feeling towards my car compared to what my friends feel for their cars that were silver-spoon fed to them. It pisses me off when people generalize me into a group of spoiled kids who had their first car presented to them at their wishes. If only those ignorant enough to assume this took enough time out of their lives to hear everyone's story out, then maybe they wouldn't think like that in the first place.

In terms of driving "like a teenager", I can say that I'm a pretty safe driver. In almost a year of driving, I've encountered no accidents, no tickets, no "anythings" that would question my driving ability. In all honesty, I've driven better than my dad in my car in the past year. See my photo thread about the curbing he did to my bumper...

So anyways, I'm sure I've gotten SOME point across here. Now, can we stop with the "I hate seeing young kids driving nice cars" threads? Thanks.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsx6363
This thread was started by a Just because your daddy couldn't afford to buy you a nice car doesn't mean you should bash other people's parents. My dad had stopped working due to lung cancer the year prior to my purchase, and although we were financially unstable he still cared enough to buy me a car because he felt i deserved to drive around safely AND comfortably as opposed to a beater. Don't go around bashing everybody's parents when you don't know the half of it please, just shut up and Mods please close this thread.. it's worthless..
so says daddy's little boy

What's wrong with you...your dad stopped working, has lung cancer, was financially unstable, and you let him buy you an expensive acura instead of a cheaper honda?

People who just buy things for their kids are spoiling their kids. Just like my brother in online computer games. I would give him money in the game that I worked for myself, and then he'll just buy useless stuff in the game. When I stopped giving him money, he started to learn how to make the money in the game himself.

Tsx6363, you've been spoiled. You're old enough to get a job...pay your dad back.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Please take the off topic discussions to Ramblings.