Future TSX Buyers : Possible Group Buy in North California?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 03:54 AM
G36
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keichan82
Im on the list, just checkin in..

keichan82
ABP or SSM/ AT/ non- Navi

Like you said, "hanging on to my $$ as much as I can".
Same here. I have to get a good deal to be able to purchase this car. My max is 27500 otd but I can probably push it to 28000. As Low As Possible Please. Im a poor college student

Gotcha! Your on the list!
Old 12-03-2004, 03:58 AM
Intermediate

I would like to know which dealership that we are going to deal with. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I don't want to spend another $300-$400 to transport the car back to SF.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:01 AM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by pandimus
You should check out the earlier posts of mine in this thread. I have actually been outta this group buy for ahwhile, because my car is about done.. i would love to wait 2 more weeks to get a better $$
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How funny, everybody's been waiting on you. I guess nothing would have happened and this would have been dead unless I said something about doing it in No CA.

I found nothing in past posts other than the one I quoted as you saying you already put $$ down. I guess that was the signal we were supposed to pick up on, I'm glad I did

It's still on guy's! Hang tight.

Thanks Pandimus
Old 12-03-2004, 04:04 AM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by SF_TSX
I would like to know which dealership that we are going to deal with. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I don't want to spend another $300-$400 to transport the car back to SF.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry, I'm checking out the Bay Area and Sac. If your really serious you'll be willing to go through out CA, I am!

I got you on the list, if you want off, let me know ASAP. Thanks
Old 12-03-2004, 04:06 AM
Intermediate

I can go through as far as Sacramento. And I just realize that Acura doesn't have any dealers in Northern Nevada.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:07 AM
Intermediate

And G36, thanks for picking this up. You are the man!
Old 12-03-2004, 06:30 AM
Racer

Hey all.

I just got off the phone with a very very very kewl dude. He works down at acura 101 west. Matter of fact, i was trying to search for my exact color and model and kept calling dealerships and asking if they have it, but he immediatly ran a search and told me wich dealers had my exact specs. Matter of fact, he weeded out quite a few liars that told me they did have them. Anyway. a little side note. I am comming desperatly close to needing a car, Currently my car sits along the side of the freeway needing a new belt. So i am prolly going to be out of the deal.

anyway..... This guy was extremely up front with me. He told me that the majority of dealers are more intersted in the group buy if they can get rid of their current or inbound inventory. He also said that it wouldnt be too hard to do what is called a dealer order trade, on cars that have been ordered already. He said the figure that kenji came up with is extremely close if not the best you can find out there.

He said that they pay 26,992.57 for every navi acura that they get. then they have to mark it up 400 to cover all their maint fees and make their marginal profit. He said that he would be very willing to meet our needs. but he needs to know exactly how much of his inventory this deal will push out.

Soooo basically.... We need to know specifics on cars... colors/navi/transmission.

I think this is a very basic premise on this deal. We can promise 10-15 cars all day long, but they are less willling to work unless they know specifics.

I personally

Hey G35, perhaps you should read this post talking about the dude i talked to and how i am probably going to be out of the deal.

Just because i removed my name from the list does not mean I have dropped working on the deal. Matter of fact i already forwarded the list to the dealer i bought my car from.

If you start looking at the begining of these posts you will see that i have been saying we need a list of folks to take to dealers. everybody blew me off, but finally i just decided to start the list.

I guess if you really wanna feel like you revived this dead deal go ahead, but i will keep up my part of the bargin by working the dealers in southern california.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:33 AM
Racer

ALSO

if you look at this thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18075

post #18

You will see that i mention that my car is done, but i am still going to do the legwork in southern california for you guys.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:36 AM
Advanced

You will see that i mention that my car is done, but i am still going to do the legwork in southern california for you guys.
Your efforts are more than appreciated.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:45 AM
10th Gear

I'm still in! Thanks G36 for working on a norcal deal~

PWP/AT/Non-Nav

I only interested in a nor cal deal-don't want to rev up the engine(yet!) on a long I5 drive.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Instructor

I am definitely in on the Nor Cal deal. But wouldnt mind travelling to So Cal to pick up the car either. Either way, thanks to G36 and Pandimus. Good effort guys, now if we can only come up with that kicker deal between the two of u .....
Old 12-03-2004, 12:01 PM
G36
Instructor

Pandimus

Good

Any contact yet from that dealer? How long has it been since it was turned in?

OK not to many checking in

1. Emperuman

2. Larrymoecurley

3. SF_TSX

4. Bizhong-----Got your PM!

And myself.

If noone else will be checking in by later this morning I am only submitting only those who have checked in.

This is why I told a dealer I'm working with, that we have 1/2 of who's on the list. If more show up, then good! I realize with a situation like this doing something on line and not knowing anyone, there is chance of this being nothing BUT talk, and when it comes to brass tacks, they back out or fade away. I realize this!

The dealer just called! They are drooling over this and wants more details. We spoke for awhile and I told him he will have to wait till lunch as I have people checking in! These guys are as happy as kid with a new bike!

I will post later.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:26 PM
G36
Instructor

I'm having Many problems trying to figure out the message system on this board
To difficult for this old fart. NOT user friendly IMO!

Start E-Mailing me at once, thanks all!

LDRedding@charter.net
Old 12-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Cruisin'

G36 - I'm in with the Northern Cali Group Buy.

CG/Ebony/Auto/Navi
Old 12-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Cruisin'

G36 I'm in with No. Cal and So. Cal if the deal is better.
CG/Quartz/AT/No-Navi
Thank You
WillTSX
And sooner the better.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:34 PM
G36
Instructor

List is now CLOSED!

Here is the check in order.

G36 CG/Ebony/Auto/Navi

emperuman NHB/Ebony/AT

larrymoecurly PWP/AT, where is your interior color???

conman SSM/Ebony/MT

SF_TSX ABP or CG/Ebony/MT

WillTSX CG/Quartz/AT

blzhong SSM/Ebony/AT

TSXFurme2005 CG/Ebony/Auto/Navi

There may be a chance for stragglers, I WILL look into this, why wouldn't they with this many!

Dealer contact at 1:30 PM, 12/3/04

I will keep all posted. in the meantime, I WILL need all involved E-Mail address.

Again, mine is LDRedding@charter.net

Thanks guys!
Old 12-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Advanced

Im on the list, just checkin in..

keichan82
ABP or SSM or Carbon Gray/ AT/ non- Navi

Like you said, "hanging on to my $$ as much as I can".
Same here. I have to get a good deal to be able to purchase this car. My max is 27500 otd but I can probably push it to 28000. As Low As Possible Please. Im a poor college student

I checked in last night...
ADD ME ADD ME
North and South Cali.. Anywhere theres a good deal, I'm there.

Will know color by this this Saturday.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by emperuman
Either way, thanks to G36 and Pandimus. Good effort guys.....

:gheywave:
Old 12-03-2004, 05:02 PM
G36
Instructor

I checked in last night...
ADD ME ADD ME
North and South Cali.. Anywhere theres a good deal, I'm there.

Will know color by this this Saturday.

Gottcha! What interior and Tranny?????

[I checked in last night...
ADD ME ADD ME
North and South Cali.. Anywhere theres a good deal, I'm there.]
Old 12-03-2004, 05:23 PM
G36
Instructor

I only have 4 e-mail addresses, those of you who have sent them know who you are. Will the rest please follow.

Thanks and no word yet. It may take a couple of days but hang in there! I will post and update.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Intermediate

Friends,

I am out of the list.
I getting the car from LA to here is difficult.
Somebody also told me that due to strict emission standards of Calif. I would loose som horsepower (I did not cross check this).

Sorry for replying late, I just discovered this forum yesterday.

All the best for a group buy.
I will be following this thread.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:48 PM
G36
Instructor

OK more info That MUST be followed up on ASAP

1) I need actual exterior color names, ie: Silver, Carbon Gray, etc. as per dealers request, NOT mine.

2) larrymoecurly, I need interior color ASAP!

Keichan82, I need specific exterior color, NOT letter abb. and Tranny type! ASAP!

3) I need to know who needs these cars right away, first, ASAP

4) This dealer can fill 6 orders now. The ones he has would be for the following people.

emperuman

larrymoecurly

WillTSX

blzhong

TSXFurme2005

Keichan82 -----------Depending on your exterior color and tranny.

5) The MT will take longer to get but some are on the way, these go first!

Here's the deal, cost is $1000 over invoice, up front. When 6 leave the lot, the dealer will cut checks to each buyer for $500.00 and would be mailed to you, unless at least 6 people go in all together the same day, then you will have your $$ in hand that day! So basically, $500.00 over invoice. This is as good as this dealer will do. I also haven't heard yet from the other dealers, but really don't think they will compete with this one because they are the second largeset Acura dealer in the state.

If this is acceptable to you guys then you must move forward.

Again, I need the responses from everyone about the issue in this post.

Thanks guys.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by G36

Here's the deal, cost is $1000 over invoice, up front. When 6 leave the lot, the dealer will cut checks to each buyer for $500.00 and would be mailed to you, unless at least 6 people go in all together the same day, then you will have your $$ in hand that day! So basically, $500.00 over invoice. This is as good as this dealer will do. I also haven't heard yet from the other dealers, but really don't think they will compete with this one because they are the second largeset Acura dealer in the state.

If this is acceptable to you guys then you must move forward.

Again, I need the responses from everyone about the issue in this post.

Thanks guys.
I think this sounds real good. How do we make sure the dealer will send the remaining $500?? Does he put it on the contract?? I am sorry I am not going to just take the dealers word for it. Dont trust them enough for that.

G36, can u ask the dealer, that if all of us (6) can come in the same day to put a deposit on the car, will he sign the contract at invoice + $500?? Also, my color is NightHawk Black Pearl with Ebony interiors

Now that the moment of truth is here, Are all the 6 people mentioned in G36's post in to the deal?? Pls respond soon guys. If all u guys are game, we can all go into the dealer the same day to provide a deposit and hence seal the deal at invoice + $500.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by morpheus
Friends,

I am out of the list.
I getting the car from LA to here is difficult.
Somebody also told me that due to strict emission standards of Calif. I would loose som horsepower (I did not cross check this).

Sorry for replying late, I just discovered this forum yesterday.

All the best for a group buy.
I will be following this thread.
Dont u want to be on the NorCal list too??
Old 12-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Instructor

Pandimus,
Any luck with ur list?? Any reponses from the dealers at all??

Keep up posted.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Cruisin'

I'm available in the Bay Area anytime, for LA, I'll need bro-in-law to make the deposit for me.
Where is this dealership? How long will it take for them to deliver all the cars?
WillTSX
Old 12-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Cruisin'

I would like them to put in a clause stating that the contract can be voided if car delivery doesn't take place by 12/31/04.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Advanced

Didn't pandimus get a deal of 27.7 for navi....it essentially is invoice + 700. So if more than 6 people don't go in on the deal, buyers are getting a worse deal than pandimus who didn't deal with the hassle of a group buy.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:32 PM
8th Gear

Details:
Satin Silver Metallic/Ebony/Auto/Non-Navi

As pointed out by emperuman, how can we be sure that the dealer will give each one of us back $500?

Also, I'm only interested in buying from Nor. Cal (SF area).
Old 12-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Cruisin'

G36,

What is the name of this Acura dealership and where is it? Also, can you provide all of us the final price for the TSX including destination before fees and tax?
One w/o navi and one with navi.

What I have found out from experience is that some dealerships can have different invoices for the same model. This dealership's invoice might be higher than expected, thus the $500 over invoice might not be such a great deal. Give us the final price before fees and tax and we all will know if this is a good good or not.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:17 PM
10th Gear

G36

Sorry about the lack of interior color. Here's the info you need

Exterior: Premium White Pearl
Interior: Parchment
Auto/Non-navi

If we can get right around invoice of approx $25,172 plus $1000 with $500 back when six buy the car, I am definately in as long as we're talking Northern California. I'd like to get the car within the next week or so, can pay for it now.
As with TSXforme I'd like to be sure to get a solid price! Thanks G36!!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Advanced

G36 What city are you in, or what city is the dealership located at?
I need to know how far.
Can you get the otd price for no options non-Navi and Navi so we know what price range we are looking at OTD?
I'm worried about the salesman bsing us giving us a higher invoice or some stupid fee. OTD price if possible, Thanks again for your hard work.

Artic Blue or Silver or Carbon Gray/ AT/ non- Navi
Ebony interior
Old 12-04-2004, 01:43 AM
G36
Instructor

I think this sounds real good. How do we make sure the dealer will send the remaining $500?? Does he put it on the contract?? I am sorry I am not going to just take the dealers word for it. Dont trust them enough for that.

G36, can u ask the dealer, that if all of us (6) can come in the same day to put a deposit on the car, will he sign the contract at invoice + $500?? Also, my color is NightHawk Black Pearl with Ebony interiors

Now that the moment of truth is here, Are all the 6 people mentioned in G36's post in to the deal?? Pls respond soon guys. If all u guys are game, we can all go into the dealer the same day to provide a deposit and hence seal the deal at invoice + $500.

I agree with you. I will have them put it in writing. If at least 6 go in together to pick them up the same day, the check will be handed to each. What they want to do is, show the sale at 1K over and then cut a check. I think they are playing a paper game for inhouse purpose's.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:45 AM
G36
Instructor

Pandimus,
Any luck with ur list?? Any reponses from the dealers at all??

Keep up posted.

I think Pandimus may be MIA from here on out!
Old 12-04-2004, 01:47 AM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by WillTSX
I'm available in the Bay Area anytime, for LA, I'll need bro-in-law to make the deposit for me.
Where is this dealership? How long will it take for them to deliver all the cars?
WillTSX

One in Sac, one in SJ. The Autos will be filled sooner because the MT are more popular. A couple MT's may be in late Dec to Jan. Most MT are pre sold.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:57 AM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by Conman
Didn't pandimus get a deal of 27.7 for navi....it essentially is invoice + 700. So if more than 6 people don't go in on the deal, buyers are getting a worse deal than pandimus who didn't deal with the hassle of a group buy.

Good luck! I would like to see a copy of his contract but am sure it won't materialize because dealers won't go below Costco Price, which by the way is realy 1K over. I spoke with the sales manager about this today. They want this deal to hopefully put them #1 in the state this year. So, other stealers who are saying Costco is 1500 over, are LIEING to you. The SM says, These group buys are far and few between and they jump on them whenever the chance arises.

If he submitted a list, they don't take long to respond, at least not up here. They did it the same day!!!

SM at dealer #2 was out today, waiting to hear from him.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:00 AM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by blzhong
Details:
Satin Silver Metallic/Ebony/Auto/Non-Navi

As pointed out by emperuman, how can we be sure that the dealer will give each one of us back $500?

Also, I'm only interested in buying from Nor. Cal (SF area).
I'm going between Sac and SJ

You will get the 500 back, it will be in writing on the contract!
Old 12-04-2004, 02:07 AM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by tsxforme2005
G36,

What is the name of this Acura dealership and where is it? Also, can you provide all of us the final price for the TSX including destination before fees and tax?
One w/o navi and one with navi.

What I have found out from experience is that some dealerships can have different invoices for the same model. This dealership's invoice might be higher than expected, thus the $500 over invoice might not be such a great deal. Give us the final price before fees and tax and we all will know if this is a good good or not.

Invoice $24602.00

Dest. $570

Navi $1821.00

Tax: somewhere between 8.25 and 8.75??? Don't know what tax is in Sac between SJ

Lic., reg, transfer maybe $300.00 Usually a rough guestimate for tax lic, reg.etc. etc. is add 10%
Old 12-04-2004, 02:11 AM
Advanced

Sac and San Jose >>> PERFECT!! I am in Davis and it is 15 min away from Sac. My parents live in San Jose. Stevens Creek??

Anyway, I am dead serious about getting this car. I am praying that we can get this car within a week or so. I already signed a 6 month contract for a garage to put my TSX in

G36, Thanks for the replies and all the trouble you went through.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:14 AM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by larrymoecurly
G36

Sorry about the lack of interior color. Here's the info you need

Exterior: Premium White Pearl
Interior: Parchment
Auto/Non-navi

If we can get right around invoice of approx $25,172 plus $1000 with $500 back when six buy the car, I am definately in as long as we're talking Northern California. I'd like to get the car within the next week or so, can pay for it now.
As with TSXforme I'd like to be sure to get a solid price! Thanks G36!!

He says the one you want can be filled now! lucky for U! This one is in SAC. E-Mail me, I will fill you in, I need your E-Mail addres anyway. But remember, we got to have 6 or no one gets their 500 back!

Quick Reply: Future TSX Buyers : Possible Group Buy in North California?