Funny Story

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 08:06 PM
TSX is my Police Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny Story

So i'm not a TSX owner yet, but in the next few months, i shall be doing my journey to the local dealer to order my CG/Ebony 5AT Navi for my enjoyment. But this has nothing to do with the story.

I work for a Police/Sheriff's Department (being as vague as possible) and was on patrol last night. I pulled over a Red TSX doing 100 in a 55 mph on a freeway. I walk up to the window and it's this 17 yr old female driving with techno music blasting. Needless to say, it was her mothers car, that she wasn't supposed to be driving her mothers car. I call the mother and she's all kinda of pissed at her daughter, and her and her husband come out to they to get the car, and the girl freaking out. While the mother was ripping the daughter a new one, i was talking to the husband about the car. He must have talked for a good 15 minutes before they left.

I thought this was funny, thought i'd share.

Moral of the story, DON'T speed in your precess TSX and get caught.

Kry

PS: She got a $550 speeding ticket
Old 08-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Re: Funny Story

Originally posted by Krytos

I work for a Police/Sheriff's Department (being as vague as possible) and was on patrol last night. I pulled over a Red TSX doing 100 in a 55 mph on a freeway.
I guess 100 mph would catch your attention easily on its own, but in your opinion do red cars really lend themselves lots of police attention??

Just leave the black ones alone...

Jason

p.s. nice icon
Old 08-10-2003, 08:41 PM
Audi Driving Snob

i got rolled the other night for doing 80 on the freeway... long story short i slowed down as soon as i realized i had a cop behind me(real quick) and he followed me for about 5 miles before i got off the freeway near my place. No ticket though, he just wanted to chit chat than gave me a warning....didn't even look at my insurance or registration. My question is: so is it true if you do all the things you are supposed to -- car/radio off, window down, both hands on the wheel and are courteous are you more likely to get out of the ticket? Worked for me. lol
Old 08-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Racer

My question is: so is it true if you do all the things you are supposed to -- car/radio off, window down, both hands on the wheel and are courteous are you more likely to get out of the ticket? Worked for me. lol
You were lucky it wasn't the end of the month where there might be a quota to meet.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$550!?! That's a lot of coconuts bro. Do you ever feel bad writing a ticket like that? I mean, I can tell you the car is stable up to 110 mph...
Old 08-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Did she say "Sorry officer, I thought I was only doing 65!"

I'd believed her too.

REALLY!
Old 08-11-2003, 05:14 AM
TSX is my Police Car

jcg: Red ones caught our eyes quicker, and our laser

Tinky: It works on your favor, but it also depends on how bad of a day the officer is having. Being nice is always a good thing though.

93kewl: Our department doesn't use quotes, it's was true in teh past, 10 yrs ago, but now it's an urban legand.

Jason: Sometimes i do, sometimes i don't, depends on the situation. This area of the freeway has a lot of accidents, and i mean a lot...so no i don't feel bad. She could have killed someone.

rzee: Yea, until i showed her what my laser got her at. She was pissed.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:27 AM
Racer

I always believed the first time i got caught i would be given just a warning, but they just gave me a 110$ ticket. =I Well, luckily i won't be speed with the tsx until at least about 600 miles so thats good =P
Old 08-11-2003, 08:06 AM
Racer

I guess at 45 miles per hour over you can't just give a warning but I'm still a little surprised that she wasn't able to use the innocent/confused girl routine to get you to lower the rate of speed a little.:-*

BTW why jcg878? I mean you could have choosen Buford Pusser or Joe Don Baker or walking tall or big stick...etc.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:22 AM
Inspired

This wouldn't happen to be on I-5 by chance? I've seen some speed demons in that area.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Banned

heh my second day I had a LA Sheriff follow me about 4 miles on surface streets to the gym. guess he liked the car.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Über Geek

Officer (sorry, force of habit),
I understand you giving her the ticket for that speed but why did you have to call her mom too? Assuming she had her license, insurance, etc.

$550 sounds like PLENTY of punishment. Plus, she'd have to explain the ticket to her folks at SOME point. Were you having a bad day? Was Krispy Kreme out of crullers?
Old 08-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Jersey ---> Maryland

Originally posted by captainjack
Were you having a bad day? Was Krispy Kreme out of crullers?
Old 08-11-2003, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$550 is an expensive ticket but i knew someone that got pulled over for 110mph in a 65. Short story, police impounded her car, she had to go to court, got her license suspended for 3 months, 1 year probation, had to do 50hrs community service.

This was in NJ and laws are different so other experiences may vary. personally i would pay $550 then have my license suspended...dont know what i would do if i couldn't drive for 3 months, will GranTurismo 4 have the TSX?
Old 08-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Instructor

Just a fine seems light punishment to me. I went to court for a tint ticket on the same day a girl was there for driving 105 in a 55mph zone. She did a night in jail before being bailed out. She brought a lawyer along, cried in court and begged the judge to be linient. The judge said he wanted to send her to jail for 30 days but decided on a $500 fine, 100 hours of community service and said she can never drive in the State of Virginia again (she was from New York, I think). She had a clean driving record, which the judge said was the only thing that saved her @ss that day.

It was rough to watch. Made my $30 tint ticket seem trivial.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Officer (sorry, force of habit),
I understand you giving her the ticket for that speed but why did you have to call her mom too? Assuming she had her license, insurance, etc.
I think that's because she was under 18. Otherwise, it would be impounding the car, one night in jail on top of the fine?
Old 08-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Registered AssHat

Were you having a bad day? Was Krispy Kreme out of crullers?
You have perfect timing. Here in Portland the very first Krispy Kreme opened its doors a week or so ago. At one time, there was a three and a half hour wait.

It's just a donut!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Registered AssHat

Originally posted by kenbiddulph
This wouldn't happen to be on I-5 by chance? I've seen some speed demons in that area.
You wouldn't by any chance be seeing a dirty SSM TSX scream by?

The only other TSX I've seen is a white one in West Linn and down by Fry's in Wilsonville.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:25 PM
Pro

I have a cop question:

What do cops usually pull people over for? For going 5 miles per hour over the speed limit or 10? What's your rule of "engagement" when pulling over someone?
Old 08-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Cruisin'

Last week I got a ticket because I was doing 74 in a 55 zone in Upper Michigan. The road was absolutely straight and there was nobody in sight going my way. The TSX could easily have done 90 with no risk whatsoever to anybody.

A state patrol car went by in the other direction, turned around and got me. The cop felt bad about it and only gave me a ticket for 5 miles over the limit, but didn't feel he could let me off.

I feel like I was lucky and unlucky all at once.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:49 PM
Advanced

Tint

Originally posted by LeeLee
[It was rough to watch. Made my $30 tint ticket seem trivial. [/B]
$30...that's all! I got pulled over about a year ago, in atlanta, and the cop couldn't give me a ticket for speeding so he gave me one for illegal tint (was on the car when I purchased it)
Ticket was $90 and after I paid the fine (2 days prior to the court date) I find out the cop got fired!
Oh well, maybe I'll take my chances in court next time.
Todd
Old 08-11-2003, 02:20 PM
TSX is my Police Car

i pull over someone doing 10+.....i'm nice and give them at least 10 mph to play with. I was having a good day. They reason i called her parents was she was insured on the car, so she couldn't legally drive it. Why i had to call the parents to verify why she had the car. Plus, it's en extra 3 forms to fill out to tow a car, i f'ing hate paperwork
Old 08-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Instructor

If anone is interested in quoatas, here's the juice. 90% of the Police Departents have them...if they don't, the few lazy asses on the department will attend roll call and go out and sit for 8 hours. Then the community will bitch that the Police aren't doing anything.

I am a Police Officer, and I am required to get X amount of points a day. If I go to a burglary, 2 thefts, a Criminal Damaging, resolve a couple neighbor disputes, and write a speeding ticket....I add up those runs and get a certain number of points.

If a work for a department that doesn't require points or quoatas, and is a slow town, I could easily go sit and pick my nose for 8 hours. Doing so would not please the tax-payers, who constantly remind me they're paying my salary. (note: I pay taxes also, thus paying my salary as well)

MY rule of thumb is 18 mph over, and you will more than likely get a ticket. If it's residental, it's 15 mph over. However, every Officer is different.

Have a good day!
Old 08-11-2003, 04:30 PM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Originally posted by Lung Fu Mo Shi
You have perfect timing. Here in Portland the very first Krispy Kreme opened its doors a week or so ago. At one time, there was a three and a half hour wait.

It's just a donut!
Damn, now I'm craving Krispy Kremes. I had to look it up, and the nearest one is 34.47 miles from me. :'(
Old 08-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by yomama
MY rule of thumb is 18 mph over, and you will more than likely get a ticket. If it's residental, it's 15 mph over. However, every Officer is different
C'mon officer, when the weather is nice, there is next to no traffic on the road, people should be allowed to have a little fun!
Old 08-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Audi Driving Snob

I'm pretty sure the guy that pulled me over was just looking for drinking drivers, which i wasn't so he didn't give me any hassle.

I do have another question though. Is there a certain length of time that you have to follow a driver to be able to give them a ticket for a certain speed? I slowed down like immediately as i saw the cop coming up from behind me so i was wondering if he followed me for 5 miles because he didn't have the goods to write me a ticket on that and was looking for something else.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Advanced

I recently got pulled in the NSX when a Mustang was trying to drag race me.
I run a Valentine-1 detector and had already seen the patrol car.
Just after I passed the deputy,(who knew me since car is rare and had waved at me) a Mustang came out of a convienance store and went after me not knowing he was being watched.
So I have a Mustang reving and bouncing next to me and off he goes, The radar detector is screaming as the deputy is trying to chase us down since we were headed in opposite directions.
Restraint was tuff, but in the end I had to laugh.
Deputy waved me over after pulling the stang that had went ahead. Just wanted my name for his court case with the Stang boy.
I told him I had not engaged in the race and he told me he realized that since the stang had pulled ahead.
I avoid drag racing and never push speed limits if anyone else might be at risk. 24 years on a fire dept. taught me that it Can Be You in the Bag!!
Always use a quality detector and find a fool to lead the way.
So many people just speed along regardless of conditions.
The hardest part for me is to let these kids go and not teach them to respect an NSX. I really have to work on my restraint.
(NSX/ FI w380 hp to wheels)
Old 08-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Krytos
i pull over someone doing 10+.....i'm nice and give them at least 10 mph to play with. I was having a good day. They reason i called her parents was she was insured on the car, so she couldn't legally drive it. Why i had to call the parents to verify why she had the car. Plus, it's en extra 3 forms to fill out to tow a car, i f'ing hate paperwork
Thanks. I really try not to speed, but sometimes if you're not looking it can get up there. The other day on the freeway, I was in the fast lane and a cop was in the lane next to me, he was going the speed limit, and I was going 5 over. He didn't pull me over. So I guess the 5 mph is a good buffer to stick by.

Why do we have roads made for 110 plus with only 55 speed limits? For revenue? Or is it all the SUV's?
Old 08-11-2003, 08:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by LeeLee
The judge said he wanted to send her to jail for 30 days but decided on a $500 fine, 100 hours of community service and said she can never drive in the State of Virginia again (she was from New York, I think). She had a clean driving record, which the judge said was the only thing that saved her @ss that day.

It was rough to watch. Made my $30 tint ticket seem trivial.
Let me give you one very impotant piece of advice..DON"T EVER DRIVE IN VIRGINIA! (It's a Commonwealth, BTW) Virginia is a Bear on drivers. You have to go to court for Everything!! Even for a headlight out and even if the headlight gets replaced and the ticket dropped, you still have to pay a "court fee" of $30. That is some bull$hit!! I spent the day in court with some drunk sailor sleeping on one shoulder and his MP on the other side. Not a great way to spend a day..
Old 08-12-2003, 06:56 AM
wiz
Pro

Well I've already gotten 2 tickets in my TSX, both in the time frame of a month. The first was when I was going up I-75 through Tennessee and running with TSXY and her man in their ABP TSX. I got caught doing 88 in a 70. I was honest and polite to the officer, and he even cimplimented me on my car. He ended up only writing the ticket for 75 in a 70 ($91 fine).

A couple of weekends ago I got another ticket. This one after coming back from my parents house in the town where I went to high school and grew up. There is a 4 lane divided highway that screams 55 MPH speed limit, but they only have it at 45. I was doing 60 in a 45 and the guy busted. Now here is where it gets interesting. I actually went to school and played on the same baseball team as sherriff deputy that gave me the ticket. I didn't recognize him until he started talking to me after he had written up the ticket. After I questioned who he was, I told him how I knew him and he recognized me. He said he was sorry he didn't recognize my name earlier as he would have let me off with a warning. He went and turned off his camera after he gave me my ticket and I sat there and talked to him for another 10 mins before I continued on my way. He was nice enough to drop the speed down though to 59 in a 45 and he said I would not get any points on my license for that. The fine, $91.50.

Needless to say, I am barely speeding at all for the next year...and I had gone over 3 years without a speeding ticket...oh and my radar detector I have had since I was 18 doesn't seem to work anymore...oh well.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Pro

Wow. Another one wiz? Geezus.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Banned

In CA... 20MPH over the speed limit and they can arrest you for reckless driving. The only speeding ticket I ever got was for 95 in a 65... but the CHP officerettes were being nice so they have me a ticket for 75.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:59 AM
Burning Brakes

you guys got it rough in the states...
Old 08-12-2003, 08:04 AM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by jackspat2
Wow. Another one wiz? Geezus.
Yeah, I got another one. I was so tired that night I wasn't really paying attention to my speed...and it was so dark where the guy was sitting, I didn't see him until he got back in his car to come after me...oh well, live and learn.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SaraWI
Let me give you one very impotant piece of advice..DON"T EVER DRIVE IN VIRGINIA! (It's a Commonwealth, BTW)....
It's true! Stay away!!!

Drive safely, guys.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:43 AM
Pro

Originally posted by gilboman
you guys got it rough in the states...
Yeah, I agree...even though our speed limits are 60 mph on our 4-lane highways, the unofficial speed limit seems to be 74 (120 km/h). Above that, you're looking at a $250 fine
Old 08-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Instructor

speed limits are too slow. it's bullshit you can get pulled over for doing 80 in a 65. 80 isn't fast if no one is on the road. in this day and age, if there isn't any traffic, we should be blessed to go over the speed limit. with all the damn traffic, i love opening my car up when i can, of course when no one else is around.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Instructor

oh yeah, and that $550 ticket is going to cost over $2,000 probably with her increase of insurance for the next few years. sucks for her
Old 08-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by donutchow
oh yeah, and that $550 ticket is going to cost over $2,000 probably with her increase of insurance for the next few years. sucks for her
no sympathy from me... 17 year olds driving 100mph??? Just stupid.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by Santacruz
BTW why jcg878? I mean you could have choosen Buford Pusser or Joe Don Baker or walking tall or big stick...etc.
Yeah, it's not particularly creative. it started with jasoncg, then 8 is my hockey number and once when jasoncg8 was taken, i became jasoncg88, then once that was taken, then jasoncg878, then I became lazy hence jcg878.

I'll affirm those feelings about driving in Virginia - lots of officers on the lookout there, and driving in Northern Virginia just plain sucks! Avoid, especially near that 'dime bridge!'

Quick Reply: Funny Story