AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/)
-   -   flywheel question (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/flywheel-question-678756/)

malish 05-22-2008 12:43 AM

flywheel question

hi guys, im sorry if this question was asked and answered before but i did some forum searching but couldnt find anything specific. my question is if i install a comptech light flywheel does that void the warranty even if i have a dealer do it ( i know that will cost an arm and a leg). im looking for a yes or no answere or at least something solid. ill be waiting for your responces since i want to do this upgrade now.

csun2004 05-22-2008 03:03 AM

unless you have one.

good luck finding the comptech light flywheel.

moda_way 05-22-2008 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by malish
hi guys, im sorry if this question was asked and answered before but i did some forum searching but couldnt find anything specific. my question is if i install a comptech light flywheel does that void the warranty even if i have a dealer do it ( i know that will cost an arm and a leg). im looking for a yes or no answere or at least something solid. ill be waiting for your responces since i want to do this upgrade now.

They certainly can challenge your warranty on the drivetrain if you put the flywheel on, but they'd also have to prove, if it came down to it, that the component contributed to the failure that may or may not ever happen. So you're asking a bit of a tough question. Oh, and just because they install a non-OEM part doesn't mean they'll honor the OEM warranty. It is a risk and you might be challenged to defend the part's contribution to a failure... again, IF there is ever an issue.

JTso 05-22-2008 11:16 AM

Go to www.ct-engineering.com and look for an authorized "Acura" dealer of Comptech parts in your area. There is one in my area that actually sells and installs Comptech parts with warranty even on brand new vehicles, including SC. However, you might want to check the availability of the flywheel though.

925tsx 05-22-2008 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by JTso
Go to www.ct-engineering.com and look for an authorized "Acura" dealer of Comptech parts in your area. There is one in my area that actually sells and installs Comptech parts with warranty even on brand new vehicles, including SC. However, you might want to check the availability of the flywheel though.

u talking about lynwood acura?
i bought my comptech header from them.
:thumbsup:

DAYTA 05-22-2008 12:05 PM

However, you might want to check the availability of the flywheel though.

Like several of their other parts (titanium strut bar, springs), Comptech stopped making their lightweight flywheel after the ownership transition.

The only ones you'll be able to find are leftovers which will be extremely hard to find. I suggest you try looking at other manufacturers (Fidanza, ACT, etc) :2cents: .

JTso 05-22-2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by 925tsx
u talking about lynwood acura?
i bought my comptech header from them.
:thumbsup:

Yup, that's the one. :thumbsup:

JTso 05-22-2008 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by DAYTA
Like several of their other parts (titanium strut bar, springs), Comptech stopped making their lightweight flywheel after the ownership transition.

The only ones you'll be able to find are leftovers which will be extremely hard to find. I suggest you try looking at other manufacturers (Fidanza, ACT, etc) :2cents: .

I got lucky and bought a new Comptech flywheel during the out of business announcement. The Comptech flywheel is crank-centric for mounting and balanced like OEM, unlike some other aftermarket flywheels. If you are getting an aftermarket FW, make sure to ask those questions.

moda_way 05-22-2008 01:15 PM

I got lucky and bought a new Comptech flywheel during the out of business announcement. The Comptech flywheel is crank-centric for mounting and balanced like OEM, unlike some other aftermarket flywheels. If you are getting an aftermarket FW, make sure to ask those questions.

I can tell you the Fidanza one is b/c these were all points I relayed to them as they were building it up.

malish 05-25-2008 06:40 PM

first of all i like to thank everyone for thier input.

JTso.... your saying that if i can find a dealer in my area they will be able to install w/o voiding warranty. or should i call acura main office or dealership to clarify if thats true?